Roberson to Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
looking.gif

Reaction Score
Rumor has it, she committed to Duke because Cooper Flagg will be there for the same year before being drafted into the NBA, after which time she will transfer to UConn. Okay, it is not a rumor, it is just typical BY fodder. It could come true, right???

Reaction Score
Her choice makes sense to me. Just my opinion, maybe a Duke degree was also a factor. That's why I give so much credit to all the young women who ever accepted a Uconn scholarship to play basketball. It takes guts and pure heart to come into this culture, buy into the system, and constantly perform at the highest level every night. Best of luck to Roberson, Kara, and Duke.

Reaction Score
Her choice makes sense to me. Just my opinion, maybe a Duke degree was also a factor. That's why I give so much credit to all the young women who ever accepted a Uconn scholarship to play basketball. It takes guts and pure heart to come into this culture, buy into the system, and constantly perform at the highest level every night. Best of luck to Roberson, Kara, and Duke.
Agree. I also think people forget that Kara inherited a terrible program….like a complete disaster. She has made progress. You don’t turn a program around over night. It takes time and it takes getting recruits like Arianna and Toby that want to be apart of the team that keeps elevating them. Some players like that challenge. And want to be the group that takes a school to that next level.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it, she committed to Duke because Cooper Flagg will be there for the same year before being drafted into the NBA, after which time she will transfer to UConn. Okay, it is not a rumor, it is just typical BY fodder. It could come true, right???
A Duke 4 or 5 transferring to UConn? It could come true. Don’t laugh too hard. It has happened twice that I can recall. Brittany Hunter and Azura Stevens transferred from Duke to UConn.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
A Duke 4 or 5 transferring to UConn? It could come true. Don’t laugh too hard. It has happened twice that I can recall. Brittany Hunter and Azura Stevens transferred from Duke to UConn.
Those transfers were in the pre-Lawson era. That was a different world for Duke WBB.

Reaction Score
UConn has a lot of really good young talent with several others coming soon so any player that picks UConn and wants to actually play is going to have to have some serious game. Losing out on any player isn't a loss to UConn because in the end they weren't what UConn looks for as far as commitment to the program so I think all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom