Right now this place- | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Right now this place-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It's ok to criticize this team, can we stop with the rah rah we've won 4 championships in 15 years. Yeah we're awesome for that and nothing can take that away but this years team is off to a terrible start. Sure we're a spoiled fan base, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a bad start to the season. We can certainly still turn it around but as of 12/7/14 we are not a good team. Let's stop being hard on people who want to (fairly) criticize this team.

The problem is, there's a lack of differentiation between fair criticism and "WOE IS ME THE SKY IS FALLING" posts.

Reaction Score
TheRealKBuks said:
It's ok to criticize this team, can we stop with the rah rah we've won 4 championships in 15 years. Yeah we're awesome for that and nothing can take that away but this years team is off to a terrible start. Sure we're a spoiled fan base, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a bad start to the season. We can certainly still turn it around but as of 12/7/14 we are not a good team. Let's stop being hard on people who want to (fairly) criticize this team.

If you don't want to read people bragging about multiple national championships, there's always syracusefan.com

More seriously, I think fair criticism is tolerated here (or debated when there's disagreement). It's the childish "we suck, we're an embarrassment" stuff where we self police and are hard on people. I don't think those folks add anything of substance, and if I'm choosing between them on one side and the coaches and players who gave us a title on the other, I'm going to side with the ones who have actually earned my respect - and with it some leeway.

And in fairness, you are right. We should say "rah rah, we've won 4 championships in 15 years and 9 days" (3/29//99 to 4/7/14). We should strive to be accurate with our gloating.

C

Chief00

In basketball you need at least 3 shooters or else the game becomes very difficult. It was so easy winning last March making our foul shots and knocking down timely 3's. Neither is the case now. Missed shots lead to fast break layups etc and lack of confidence in shooting often leads to turnovers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Uconn is two buzzer beaters away from a very different season. Stuff happens in basketball (NJIT says hello).

Uconn has to player better offensively and rebound better, or this will be a long season.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Let the quitters quit. Not everyone deserves to share a foxhole with you.

Reaction Score
Does this mean cheap tickets will start to pop up on stub hub?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom