Right now this place- | The Boneyard

Right now this place-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reads a lot like it did after the Lvile loss last year. Remember what happened?

No I don't think we are going to go all the way to the FF at this point but the season is hardly over.

Put on your NC gear and relax and enjoy the ride- worst case we have a rebuilding year and even our spoiled rotten fan base should be able to understand that and what it means.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
i'm not Disgruntled about the Loss.
I'm P'ed off because how they Lost.

cherry coat it all that you want to but this team is way worse than that 2012 team.

Reaction Score
The team that lost to Louisville had Bazz. This team does not

Reaction Score
Reads a lot like it did after the Lvile loss last year. Remember what happened?

No I don't think we are going to go all the way to the FF at this point but the season is hardly over.

Put on your NC gear and relax and enjoy the ride- worst case we have a rebuilding year and even our spoiled rotten fan base should be able to understand that and what it means.
How many seasons have we gone through this? Spoiled is right. And to think a week ago we were laughing at other squads poor performances and low scores.

Sure we have 4 Championships but even our fan base needs to be knocked off our high horse sometimes. Its just a reality check. I can wait a couple years, as like you, we have done it time and time and time again. Waiting out the storm (2 maybe 3 years) as we reload/rebuild/retool.

Reaction Score
How many seasons have we gone through this? Spoiled is right. And to think a week ago we were laughing at other squads poor performances and low scores.

Sure we have 4 Championships but even our fan base needs to be knocked off our high horse sometimes. Its just a reality check. I can wait a couple years, as like you, we have done it time and time and time again. Waiting out the storm (2 maybe 3 years) as we reload/rebuild/retool.

I imagine Im in the middle of the fan age curve. Watching the Huskies play from the 1970s to the 1990s will put a season like this one in context.

That being said, I think Boatright is great, kid is a warrior. His shot is actually a little off right now from what it was at the end of last year. They just need to settle a bit. I don't feel good about certain aspects of the team, but I think several others will come around. Maybe with last night's loss, the travel to Florida, game against Duke, and the losses they'll take in conference, the hole is too big for them already. It could be. BUT, all it takes is winning the AAC on the home floor.

Reaction Score
Reminds me more of how it was after the Texas trip last year (lost to SMU and Houston).

The usual mouth breathers were throwing the team under the bus, the same stupid "Recruiting and Talent" threads were started, people proclaiming we were an NIT team.

Last time I checked peaking and being the best team in December is not what matters.

Reaction Score
Remove Napier from that team that lost to Ville and you still have Giffey, Daniels who could light it up from the 3 line in matter of seconds.

Reaction Score
My issue is that all these pre-conference losses will eventually hit our chance of a good, or even one at all, chance of an at large bid come March. I am still hopeful they can run off a string of victories and win the conference, but of wiggle room is disappearing.

Reaction Score
My issue is that all these pre-conference losses will eventually hit our chance of a good, or even one at all, chance of an at large bid come March. I am still hopeful they can run off a string of victories and win the conference, but of wiggle room is disappearing.
Yup, 3 loses and you are on the bubble, we are so screwed.

Where do these posters come from?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
we're on pace to lose half of our games?
where are you coming from?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Pace? Totally irrelevant. We get everyone healthy with a few games under their belt and we'll be fine; maybe not NCC fine but ok.

i agree.
if we ever get healthy and play together as a team then we'll be fine.
that hasn't happened yet tho and i'm not sure it will.

Reaction Score
And more importantly, if you have Giffey or Daniels playing the 4 you don't have to now have Facey. That is a huge variance.

Remove Napier from that team that lost to Ville and you still have Giffey, Daniels who could light it up from the 3 line in matter of seconds.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
we're on pace to lose half of our games?
where are you coming from?

That's why we actually play the games instead of just taking the first six and multiplying the results.

Reaction Score
Yup, 3 loses and you are on the bubble, we are so screwed.

Where do these posters come from?
I wasn't implying just the 3 losees and we are out of the tourney. We have 3 more tough OOC match ups. Plus, look at last year. We struggled with some less than stellar conference foes. The conference looks even weaker. I am not in panic mode, I am simply saying we better do very well in conference or the bubble will become a reality, provided we don't win the very weak conference. No need to attack my comments.

Reaction Score
Getting blown out by Louisville is far better than losing to Yale at home.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
i'm not Disgruntled about the Loss.
I'm P'ed off because how they Lost.

cherry coat it all that you want to but this team is way worse than that 2012 team.

I'll take the muffed dunk by Nolan 6 games in over the missed windmill by Lamb to conclude the 2012 season any day.

Reaction Score
I'll take the muffed dunk by Nolan 6 games in over the missed windmill by Lamb to conclude the 2012 season any day.
Forgot about that. It was a very fitting end to that season.

Reaction Score
Trying to put a silver lining on the early season, we're two missed last-shot 3s from being 5-1 and still ranked, with one of those Ws against #6 ranked Texas. Now of course that didn't happen. But somehow we've gone from a team that nearly beat a top 10 team and lost to an Ivy league team while we were playing a bit banged up...poor excuse I admit...to a team that no way going to make the NCAAs and is in a rebuilding mode. Really!!!!

I do admit, as I stated in another topic that the games that will help build our resume come before this team will likely put it together, which will make it hard for us to make the tourney, though if we can finish as one of the two top teams in the conference, and the fact that we did schedule a tough OOC schedule, which the committee seemed to be rewarding in the last few years, our chances of making the tourney is still within our grasp. The team has to play better. Needs to find some semblance of chemistry soon. A win against Dook, UF or Stanford are all the more dire. Not meaning Ws against all of them, but hopefully at least one. In fact, a W against Dook or UF, validates our close loss to TX. No OOC statement Ws will not bode well come committee time. If that happens, and we at least finish near the top of the conference, let's just hope there aren't that many O-*t conference tourney champions that begin to eat one at-large bid after another. Each year is different, but just about every year there are some deserving teams who's bids go up in flames because some team who's only hope of making the tourney punches their ticket by winning their conf tourney. It just might come to that. Then again, of course, a surprise W or two against the for mentioned programs in addition to a solid conference campaign will kick all this complaining to the curb.

Reaction Score
WTF is up with peoples expectations? We just won the NC. We lost 4 of our 5 starters (including Bazz). We have won a NC every 4 years running since most people's children have been alive.
Chill out.
It's like a group of spoiled children complaining about not having an IPhone 6 because they have a 5. Welcome to the elite of first world problems.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
WTF is up with peoples expectations? We just won the NC. We lost 4 of our 5 starters (including Bazz). We have won a NC every 4 years running since most people's children have been alive.
Chill out.
It's like a group of spoiled children complaining about not having an IPhone 6 because they have a 5. Welcome to the elite of first world problems.

This is UCONN. No matter how unrealistic it is, a large number of people expect a championship run or bust every year.

Reaction Score
Finally, the road to New England basketball supremacy goes through Amherst, Ma.:D
C'mon guys, just trying to lighten the mood a little. You are UConn. That should be enough said. You are UConn.
Don't let the disappointment of football cloud your enthusiasm for the hoops team. Remember, Ollie doesn't have a "process", he's got a ring!

Reaction Score
It's ok to criticize this team, can we stop with the rah rah we've won 4 championships in 15 years. Yeah we're awesome for that and nothing can take that away but this years team is off to a terrible start. Sure we're a spoiled fan base, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a bad start to the season. We can certainly still turn it around but as of 12/7/14 we are not a good team. Let's stop being hard on people who want to (fairly) criticize this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom