Remaining 2024 uncommitted | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Remaining 2024 uncommitted

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Thanks for the explanation. It's Raoul's list and s/he can define it however s/he wants. Unless a recruit announces a list of finalists she won't make Raoul's list.

I stopped paying attention to Raoul years ago after s/he took to Twitter to make fun of a young recruit who identified her list of finalists and included a school that had yet to make an offer. The young recruit, a teenager, was Aubrey Griffin and the school she included on her list of finalists was UConn. Aubrey was ruthlessly mocked by Raoul, an adult, for doing that. I'd include the tweets but they've since been deleted. UConn's offer to Aubrey and her subsequent commitment to UConn were never mentioned by Raoul, btw.

Apologies for the digression. I'm not a fan. The person behind the account posted on the Boneyard (with that handle) years ago.
Agree. And that’s why i don’t post his tweets. I did it years ago and he sent me a private message and chastised me like a 2yo for copying a tweet and putting it on the board. Haven’t done it since and i used to caution people who do it now but don’t anymore. Just removed myself from the situation entirely.

Reaction Score
Agree. And that’s why i don’t post his tweets. I did it years ago and he sent me a private message and chastised me like a 2yo for copying a tweet and putting it on the board. Haven’t done it since and i used to caution people who do it now but don’t anymore. Just removed myself from the situation entirely.
He/she is famous for tweeting stuff and then when people questions his tweet he removes it. Not a fan of whoever runs that account.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hey all. Belated Happy New Year to all BY'ers. Had family in and around for the holidays, so I cut back on the posting a bit, but with the house largely empty again, I'm catching up on information. See Ms. Cambridge fulfilled most predictions and has committed to Ohio State.
Does the board (individually and/or collectively) have any information on the other 2024 "silence is golden" members? Is anyone announcing soon?

Over at The Bend, we're all hoping Coach Ivey and staff are still pursuing Mackenley Randolph and I see @TheFarmFan said Stanford still has one slot for a certain Mikayla Blakes from mid-New Jersey. Any others ears on the subject?

Reaction Score
I stopped paying attention to Raoul years ago after s/he took to Twitter to make fun of a young recruit who identified her list of finalists and included a school that had yet to make an offer. The young recruit, a teenager, was Aubrey Griffin and the school she included on her list of finalists was UConn. Aubrey was ruthlessly mocked by Raoul, an adult, for doing that. I'd include the tweets but they've since been deleted.
I can back you up on that. I remember it well and it caught my eye because I thought it was out of character to put out a post like that. There was a similar post or two somewhat recently attacking Mulkey and questioning why any parent would send their child to her LSU program. I'm not a big fan of Mulkey or LSU but respect her coaching abilities and LSU's success.

I still follow Raul because the information provided is nearly 100% accurate and fairly timely. I prefer someone providing information remain objective/neutral but I just ignore the personal commentary or find them mildly amusing. Btw Raoul was very clear that having dealt with similar situations many times in the past any comments would be deleted or else the post would not allow comments.

Reaction Score
I actually don't think NC St is in the picture anymore.

This is all pure speculation but it appears the 3 schools highly linked to Strong currently are UNC/LSU/UCONN but she has visited Oregon, Louisville, UCLA, NC St, Georgia Tech this past year.

It appears SC is also making a push to get Strong to visit but considering Strong seems very focus on early playing time per the reports, that might be a tough sell with what they have on the roster currently and signing Joyce...
If early playing time is a concern I can see why she has committed yet. I’m assuming she’s waiting to see what seniors in certain teams do in the portal.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I can back you up on that. I remember it well and it caught my eye because I thought it was out of character to put out a post like that. There was a similar post or two somewhat recently attacking Mulkey and questioning why any parent would send their child to her LSU program. I'm not a big fan of Mulkey or LSU but respect her coaching abilities and LSU's success.

I still follow Raul because the information provided is nearly 100% accurate and fairly timely. I prefer someone providing information remain objective/neutral but I just ignore the personal commentary or find them mildly amusing. Btw Raoul was very clear that having dealt with similar situations many times in the past any comments would be deleted or else the post would not allow comments.
@HuskyFan1125 "Agree. And that’s why i don’t post his tweets. I did it years ago and he sent me a private message and chastised me like a 2yo for copying a tweet and putting it on the board. Haven’t done it since and i used to caution people who do it now but don’t anymore. Just removed myself from the situation entirely."

Rooster: Ditto. Given how much information is coming out in this ever-expanding area (and the various "media" following it), I find myself going back to him/her/it for a double check on information. As for the cracks, he's up-front about it, so I let it slide (no influence on me).

HuskyFan1125: Been there, gotten that, too. In all fairness, this was when the whole "Raoul" enterprise was getting going and he was very protective of what he considered his/her site's "information. I must've slipped on one (lack of) attribution and was blasted for it. After some give and takes, we got that straightened out. I attribute information I use, whether it's Raoul or ESPN or one of the posters here or on the Bench. (We're all in this together, right ;). If there's one thing I can pass along to Raoul, it's to keep that in mind....we can help each other from time to time.

Reaction Score
If early playing time is a concern I can see why she has committed yet. I’m assuming she’s waiting to see what seniors in certain teams do in the portal.
Will she have enough time to do so? Can't remember when is the final day when players can sign. I know it's in April. Considering how long it took for some players to choose a new school, I'm not sure if that's feasible.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Will she have enough time to do so? Can't remember when is the final day when players can sign. I know it's in April. Considering how long it took for some players to choose a new school, I'm not sure if that's feasible.
According to my current AI source,

"According to the NCAA Division I Council, the transfer portal for women’s basketball will open on the day after Selection Sunday and remain open for 45 days1. Selection Sunday is the day when the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Tournament bracket is revealed, which is usually in early March. Therefore, the portal will likely open in mid-March and close in late April or early May in 2024."

So, yes, Strong, Randolph et all will have time to see what players start to enter the portal and how it affects teams/their own situations.
It will be a tight window, but one would figure there are only a few teams most of these players are zeroing on.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
#22 Kiyomi McMiller announcing today at 4 pm on SportsCenter Next on instagram. Here are the BY picks from a while back:
1704574047216.png

Dillon77

Reaction Score
#22 Kiyomi McMiller heading to Rutgers.

Congrats to @triaddukefan and @HuskyFan1125 for guessing correctly!

And now there are three. Reminder that Strong's list is in italics as it has not been confirmed.
View attachment 94798

Here are the guesses for the final three:
View attachment 94799
Good...even necessary...get for Coach Coquese Washington and Rutgers. Coach Q got one of the "Jersey Girls" to stay home. Now, we'll see if she gets the other -- Mikayla Blakes -- to do the same.

Any dates on announcements from the Final Three?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Good...even necessary...get for Coach Coquese Washington and Rutgers. Coach Q got one of the "Jersey Girls" to stay home. Now, we'll see if she gets the other -- Mikayla Blakes -- to do the same.

The only thing I've seen online is in October, Blakes and Rudolph would be committing "soon."

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score

This is basically Coach Washington and staff's first "full" recruiting season at RU since she came on so late the previous year, so this is obviously a huge get.

IF (and it's a big IF) they pull off Blakes (and get the two top NJ recruits in the class of 2024) it will be a VERY promising sign of things to come. This is why the transfer home of Destiny Adams was so important.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
This is basically Coach Washington and staff's first "full" recruiting season at RU since she came on so late the previous year, so this is obviously a huge get.

IF (and it's a big IF) they pull off Blakes (and get the two top NJ recruits in the class of 2024) it will be a VERY promising sign of things to come. This is why the transfer home of Destiny Adams was so important.
As a Jersey guy, I totally agree with you. Blakes plays for Rutgers Prep and their coach is a Rutgers icon, so that could open things up for Coach Q. As you know, there's a lot of good ball in the state, from the Jersey Shore to Newark and Paterson and the Bergen/northern Passaic area. Getting two frosh on top of Adams would be a statement and possible "get in the door" statement.

Reaction Score
Puzzled by Coach Q, given her good reputation. Can she still coach? Without Maggie Lucas? She stabilized PSU after the fade out of the Portland era. Then she rode Lucas to 4 very good years. Then nothing.

Thought Rutgers played with very poor effort last night. Not a good look, IMO.

I’m confused. What does this have to do with the uncommitted??

Reaction Score
My apologies. Was responding to the posts about Coach Q and her recruiting. I’ve since deleted my offending post. Will be happy to later delete this one.

No need. We all make mistakes or confuse someone

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
As a Jersey guy, I totally agree with you. Blakes plays for Rutgers Prep and their coach is a Rutgers icon, so that could open things up for Coach Q. As you know, there's a lot of good ball in the state, from the Jersey Shore to Newark and Paterson and the Bergen/northern Passaic area. Getting two frosh on top of Adams would be a statement and possible "get in the door" statement.
Certainly doesn't hurt that the men's team just brought in their top recruit of all time in New Jersey's Dylan Harper (ranked #2 nationally).

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Certainly doesn't hurt that the men's team just brought in their top recruit of all time in New Jersey's Dylan Harper (ranked #2 nationally).
Papa Harper has certainly bought into Steve Pickiell's stewardship and/or Rutgers as a whole.

Reaction Score
Papa Harper has certainly bought into Steve Pickiell's stewardship and/or Rutgers as a whole.
I’ve always liked Steve, all the way back to his UConn playing (or mostly non-playing) days. Seemed like a good guy.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Did I just read a 6'6" wing?
If so -- save for the most adamant international recruiting nudniks -- how did she fly relatively unnoticed?
ESPN's HoopGurlz recruiting reports are a shell of their former selves and even in the best of times very few international players got much recruiting coverage? No one had even heard of Alanna Smith before she committed to Stanford and she left as a decorated All-American. I tend to think almost all overseas recruits are overlooked unless major program like UConn is notably interested in them early, and so they attract the attention of the services.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ESPN's HoopGurlz recruiting reports are a shell of their former selves and even in the best of times very few international players got much recruiting coverage? No one had even heard of Alanna Smith before she committed to Stanford and she left as a decorated All-American. I tend to think almost all overseas recruits are overlooked unless major program like UConn is notably interested iThann them early, and so they attract the attention of the services.
Thanks. You speak truth on this subject. Most of my knowledge on Canadian players has come from our fine contributor,
@cancontent , but one does read about some prime international prospects from time to time (Awak Kuier and Kate Koval come to mind). In any case, good luck to her...6'6" wing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom