2021 Recruiting: - Rahsool Diggins committing Sunday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Rahsool Diggins committing Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't mean to turn a Diggins thread into a Samson Johnson thread, but the couple of times I have seen him in person, he has shot 2-3 3 pointers and made 1 or 2. He has run the floor nice and has made a couple of good plays defensively or off the boards. Those particular plays couldn't be made without UConn level D1 talent. On the other hand, he completely disappears for stretches, (unlike Sanogo). At this point Johnson has excellent potential, but more as a complimentary player as part of a rotation of bigs that includes somebody else as the impact frontcourt 'go to' player, (Sanogo/Clingan). He can block a shot but he isn't Akok. He can shoot 3's but he's not Polley. He can rebound but he's not Sanogo. He can be a player like Polley was in his last game, or like Kenton Facey became as a senior, Whaley down the stretch last year, Armstrong, etc. In general, winning teams need guys like them, but they generally haven't been ready as freshman. Johnson has the tools and maybe the next year maturing will put him on a higher trajectory.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to turn a Diggins thread into a Samson Johnson thread, but the couple of times I have seen him in person, he has shot 2-3 3 pointers and made 1 or 2. He has run the floor nice and has made a couple of good plays defensively or off the boards. Those particular plays couldn't be made without UConn level D1 talent. On the other hand, he completely disappears for stretches, (unlike Sanogo). At this point Johnson has excellent potential, but more as a complimentary player as part of a rotation of bigs that includes somebody else as the impact frontcourt 'go to' player, (Sanogo/Clingan). He can block a shot but he isn't Akok. He can shoot 3's but he's not Polley. He can rebound but he's not Sanogo. He can be a player like Polley was in his last game, or like Kenton Facey became as a senior, Whaley down the stretch last year, Armstrong, etc. In general, winning teams need guys like them, but they generally haven't been ready as freshman. Johnson has the tools and maybe the next year maturing will put him on a higher trajectory.

Thanks Ricker always enjoy your overviews. Let me ask you the more I look at his videos it looks like he’s more 6’6” maybe 6’7” than the profiles. Not a bad thing just saying. Can he handle it? If you watch the whole video a few replies ago there is all dunks and 3 pointers off the catch. The only one that sticks out was a fast break pass to him in which he had to dribble it 2-3 times and had a tough time gathering it back in. Just curious. Thanks

Reaction Score
Villanova just passed up on the best high school basketball player in the city of Philadelphia.

They will regret this.

During the recruiting of Brizzi, Mitchell and Diggins there's was debate over who was the best for Nova (which might not be the same for another program).

Reaction Score
During the recruiting of Brizzi, Mitchell and Diggins there's was debate over who was the best for Nova (which might not be the same for another program).

No doubt that’s possible. But could also be the kids decision here. No matter we know Nova will be fine at the guard position whether they get #1 choice or 2/3 choice. They’ve already done well at 2G and swing anyway.

Reaction Score
Gotta re-load and keep the pipeline full
Ok..Got it.. If Samson follows Diggins to Storrs... Competition for minutes among Bigs,esp. if Akok and AS stay for awhile..Will be pretty intense.. Been a long time since we could say that about our roster..Nice "problem" to have..Now..Back to Diggins announcement..

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Serious question re: Johnson.. I get the staff likes him a lot.. I realize we have leverage with him re:his relationship with AS.. Ratings are in our sweet spot.. All good.. No preconceived opinions on my part ..What is it about his skill set that we don't already have with our Bigs or is it simply replacing JC/IW once they graduate with a high ceiling Big who we hope reaches his potential?? I suppose another scenario is that we might lose a Big to the NBA in addition to JC/IW moving on.. Javonte Brown Ferguson and Spring certainly have upside as starters if that happens.. Not questioning if DH/staff have an eye for talent..They do..
Although Johnson is highly rated it’s very much based on potential. He’s still really raw, even more raw than Akok was at the same age. With the question marks surrounding Akok’s ankle and Johnson likely being a little bit of a project I like the move a lot.

He’s not our final scholarship. If we land him we still have two more scholarships one of which will almost certainly be used on a Bouk replacement.

Reaction Score
Although Johnson is highly rated it’s very much based on potential. He’s very raw, even more raw than Akok was at the same age. With the question marks surrounding Akok’s ankle and Johnson likely being a little bit of a project I like the move a lot.

He’s not our final scholarship. If we land him we still have one more scholarship to use on a Bouk replacement.

If it’s a Bouknight replacement, then we have 2 more scholarships. 3 seniors graduating.

Reaction Score
20200725_132716.jpg

Reaction Score
Could be wrong but I don’t think Gayle is reclassifying. Plus he’s 7 hours away from Storrs, I dno that he’s local. My guess is Samson.
ucann posted yesterday that a gayle reclass was likely and it was us v. cuse but the post got deleted.

anyways, matrim clarified local means 6th borough i.e. nyc so yeah gotta be samson

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01