2021 Recruiting: Rahsool Diggins committing Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200726-104032.jpg

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Shooting, particularly on the wing, now becomes a big priority. We lose Bouk and Polley. Overall team shooting for 21-22 is a major question mark at the moment.
Yeah really need a wing, particularly if Andre is a potential 1/2 and done

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Why do reporters write articles like that before the announcement? Let us look like idiots

Reaction Score
Yeah really need a wing, particularly if Andre is a potential 1/2 and done
The third scholarship needs to go to a wing. If Jackson exceeds expectations and gets drafted, then you can get another via grad transfer, but you really don’t have to worry about that bridge until you’re crossing it.

Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin??
If Martin is able to play this year, and Jackson leaves after his sophomore year, then we could lose both after 2022, as well as Adams and Cole. In that case, I would much rather have a 2021 recruit ready to step in and play the 2/3 as opposed to relying on a freshman.

Of course, if Andre Jackson is ready to go pro after two years, then I’ll feel pretty confident in our staff’s ability to reload through recruiting and bolster development.

Reaction Score
I would much rather have a 2021 recruit ready to step in and play the 2/3 as opposed to relying on a freshman
the most realistic option at the 2/3 right now seems like 6'6 Lucas Taylor since we haven't been linked with Keels or Dawkins recently

speaking of martin....when's the deadline for applying for a transfer waiver?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah he’s also a PG and I’d rather have diggins
I thought about the analogy between the comparison of Ellis vs Diggins this offseason and the Cole vs Bones Hyland debate last year.

Personally, last offseason I wanted Cole over Bones and this year, if we end up getting Diggins that will excite me more than if we ended up with Ellis instead.

Why? We need a stud for '20-'21 and Cole bring us that. Hyland played very well in his first season at VCU and he will have a very good college career, but I'm PUMPED for what Cole can bring next year, especially after Vital graduated.

For '21, it's the opposite. Ellis wants minutes, but we'll have Cole and Gaffney, two PG-capable guards who I'm high on. Diggins might not get a lot of minutes in '21-'22 but he's a huge piece to have for '21-'22 and the following years.

Reaction Score
the most realistic option at the 2/3 right now seems like 6'6 Lucas Taylor since we haven't been linked with Keels or Dawkins recently

speaking of martin....when's the deadline for applying for a transfer waiver?
I was wondering the same thing. Of course, we don’t even know if we’ll have a season, or how they’ll deal with eligibility if there isn’t a season.

Reaction Score
If Martin is able to play this year, and Jackson leaves after his sophomore year, then we could lose both after 2022, as well as Adams and Cole. In that case, I would much rather have a 2021 recruit ready to step in and play the 2/3 as opposed to relying on a freshman.

Of course, if Andre Jackson is ready to go pro after two years, then I’ll feel pretty confident in our staff’s ability to reload through recruiting and bolster development.
My guess is DH will have a lot of input as to when Martin's first season is.. Based on roster needs/construction and impact of COVID on 2020 season.. May be a better move for TM(and DH) to start his UConn career in 2021. Would give AJ all the minutes he would want in 2020..Obviously.. 2021/2022 recruits coming to Storrs will influence DH's thinking about TM..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The third scholarship needs to go to a wing. If Jackson exceeds expectations and gets drafted, then you can get another via grad transfer, but you really don’t have to worry about that bridge until you’re crossing it.
Adding Trevor Keels, Jordan Hawkins, or Lucas Taylor to a class of Diggins and Samson Johnson would be an unreal class given the lack of top 2021 prospects in the NJ/NY/New England area.

I realize Keels and Hawkins are unlikely at this point but I won't count our staff out with anyone. Then if a 4th scholly opens up we'd be at a luxury of having no major holes so we can go for top talent regardless of position in the transfer, grad transfer, or decommitment market.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69