OT: - R.I.P The Iron Shiek | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: R.I.P The Iron Shiek

Reaction Score
I saw him leaving a small wrestling show at Bryant in the 90’s. When the wrestlers left, the Iron Sheik, Snuka and a few others jumped in a Dodge Caravan, lit up cigarettes and drove away together. It was hysterical. That was when it hit me that not only was wrestling fake, but it was laughably fake.
I was a huge wrestling fan until early in middle school. My Dad got us front row seats to an event at a Bethel H.S. and we got there early. We saw them setting up the ring and the springs under the ring to make it bounce and absorb the slams. Also saw up close the wrestlers get each other in headlocks and whisper things like, "OK, I'm gonna whip you into the ropes and you're gonna drop kick me...." etc. My love for wrestling died that day....

A few years later I met Sargeant Slaughter in Ridgefield. He was about 6'6" and had the biggest hands I'd ever seen. Not exaggerating, he neatly crushed my hand when he shook it...

Reaction Score
I was a huge wrestling fan until early in middle school. My Dad got us front row seats to an event at a Bethel H.S. and we got there early. We saw them setting up the ring and the springs under the ring to make it bounce and absorb the slams. Also saw up close the wrestlers get each other in headlocks and whisper things like, "OK, I'm gonna whip you into the ropes and you're gonna drop kick me...." etc. My love for wrestling died that day....

A few years later I met Sargeant Slaughter in Ridgefield. He was about 6'6" and had the biggest hands I'd ever seen. Not exaggerating, he neatly crushed my hand when he shook it...
Wait, it's choreographed?

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Believe it or not I saw him wrestle at HK’s gym in Higganum years ago when I was kid Wild Somoans wrestled too. Don’t remember the year but sometime around the mid 80s. Up close in personal LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom