OT: - R.I.P The Iron Shiek | The Boneyard

OT: R.I.P The Iron Shiek

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Iron sheik had the best cameos before there was a cameo.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There are some funny stories out there about how Andre didn't like The Sheik and would just beat the snot out of him for fun. Said Andre would throw him in the corner, sit on him and just rip some god awful farts right in his mouth.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There are some funny stories out there about how Andre didn't like The Sheik and would just beat the snot out of him for fun. Said Andre would throw him in the corner, sit on him and just rip some god awful farts right in his mouth.
“The Verne Gagne offer me hundred thousand dollars to break the hulk hogans leg “ ( that’s a shoot btw)

Reaction Score
Say iron sheik and nikolai volkoff in the Pittsburgh Airport around 1984. I was 10 and he was bigger then life. They both walked past my family and i was a monster wwf fan. Asked for an autograph and he said no kid.... i was shocked..lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Say iron sheik and nikolai volkoff in the Pittsburgh Airport around 1984. I was 10 and he was bigger then life. They both walked past my family and i was a monster wwf fan. Asked for an autograph and he said no kid.... i was shocked..lol
They were heels!

Reaction Score
BoBo Brazil vs the Original Sheik had some classic matches.. Must watch TV.. LOL..RIP Iron Sheik

Reaction Score
WWE was all about ethnic stereotyping in the 70s and 80s. I always wondered why no one ever told Vince McMahon that Iranians are Persian not Arabs and that don't wear kaffiyeh (head scarves) or have sheiks. I guess Vince wanted to hit both the anti-Iranian (over the Iranian hostage episode) and anti-Arab (mainly from OPEC pricing) demographics in one shot.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Rest in peace, Sheik! Legend.

Circa 1986-87 a wrestling promo setup shop in the Danbury High School gym. I don't really remember but maybe to help out the local volunteer fire departments Anyway, the headline was Sergeant Slaughter -vs- Iron Sheik. My buddies and I skipped the prelim matches and drank 2 Haffenreffer 16oz bottles each on the Football field. By the time we snuck into the gym, my 165lb body was feeling nothing. Long story short, at some point I thought it was a good idea to hop under the ropes while Sgt. Slaughter was amping up the crowd before Sheik came out. 16yo idiot in parachute pants yelling "USA, USA, USA". Slaughter lowers the mike, puts a huge arm around me and whispers, "Get out of the ring you little mother^ker". All with a smile on his face as he raises my arm with his and yells "USA, USA, USA". It was the 80's and we all know he wasn't losing that night. Good times.

11914113.jpeg

Reaction Score
I saw him leaving a small wrestling show at Bryant in the 90’s. When the wrestlers left, the Iron Sheik, Snuka and a few others jumped in a Dodge Caravan, lit up cigarettes and drove away together. It was hysterical. That was when it hit me that not only was wrestling fake, but it was laughably fake.

Reaction Score
remember seeing him midtown near msg maybe within the past 10 years , there was a mob scene screaming “sheik”. i had no idea that he that he was that legendary. no WWE event

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom