r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn* | Page 7 | The Boneyard

r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our NBA presence has been a real weakness lately, actually.

Lamb is out of the league (nice 10 year career, but that's it). Drummond is a dinosaur in the modern game. Kemba broke down. Bouknight looks like a bust so far.

Hawkins has a chance to make a splash and, amazingly, Rudy Gay is still plugging along in a veteran reserve role, but that's about it.
Lamb is on the Kings

Reaction Score
Not the first to say this but we've really benefited from having *3 and *4 stars that stayed 3+ years -- the combination of those experienced upperclassmen with talented freshmen has worked for us over and over.

OTOH, when you're turning a roster of *5 kids over year after year, you have to catch lightning in a bottle to win a title. You're not really building towards anything. 1999, 2004 and 2023 didn't come out of nowhere: those teams were built.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting we don't pursue one-and-done types. We should be going after every top-20 kid with interest. Like I said, our title teams have always featured good freshmen (or, in the case of 1999, sophomores). I just think a hybrid system > the Calipari system. The results speak for themselves, don't they?
Cooper would be a perfect elite one and done player to add. He wouldn’t play “me” basketball to increase his draft stock. He will go #1 regardless. Flagg is a scorer, passer, rebounder, and rim protector whose game will help the team win and make teammates better. The kid is a unicorn.

Reaction Score
drug addi
Can there be a bigger recruiting weekend for UConn? Even with no visits here, THREE of our remaining targets all at Duke at the same time with Duke clearly expected to shoot the works to get OUR guys. Ngongba anchors the middle and fills our key future need for more than 1 year. Cooper would validate UConn all time as a destination for any recruit and immediately make us a favorite to win a natty the year he is here. Hard to believe the rumor momentum in our favor would be evolving a couple days before Duke swinging for the fences. Seems premature.

However, if we were to end up with BOTH guys........ Sorry, I couldn't finish my sentence while enjoying a moment of ecstasy.

Seriously. Can we dip into our slush fund to send some boneyard degenerates down to Durham. I have some ideas.........

favourite GIF
rats swarm GIF

I kid I kid. I hope it's beautiful in Durham this weekend... ;)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Lamb is out of the league (nice 10 year career, but that's it). Drummond is a dinosaur in the modern game. Kemba broke down. Bouknight looks like a bust so far.

Hawkins has a chance to make a splash and, amazingly, Rudy Gay is still plugging along in a veteran reserve role, but that's about it.

I agree with the general point, but you mentioned a Dre on the decline but omitted the one on the rise

Reaction Score

Check back in 2 years, then again in 5. I'll bet on a positive trend

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I agree with the general point, but you mentioned a Dre on the decline but omitted the one on the rise
Yes but see his thing is to see the absolute worst case scenario in everything, so that means pretending Andre Jackson doesn't exist

Reaction Score
Don't believe anything you read on the internet.
My info didn’t come from the internet . Generally I keep my mouth shut on these but… we have good reason to believe we were in the lead going into this weekend. How the weekend plays out is up in the air. Unless he and his family are misleading intentionally this info is not trolls blowing smoke. I can confirm at least that.

Reaction Score
My info didn’t come from the internet . Generally I keep my mouth shut on these but… we have good reason to believe we were in the lead going into this weekend. How the weekend plays out is up in the air. Unless he and his family are misleading intentionally this info is not trolls blowing smoke. I can confirm at least that.

Alright, you're my new favorite poster.

Reaction Score
I threw you a like because I generally agree, but Cooper could be the difference between us winning another national championship or not. I know we're a juggernaut and can win one without him, but I like our odds better if he's wearing national flag blue.
One correction. Its national 'Flagg' blue for that ncaa natty

Reaction Score
Not saying they are intentionally misleading, but if you want to drive up the NIL, this is one way to do it, and it doesn't even have to be his family but just someone in their orbit. If you know where you're going to go anyway, might as well make them squirm a little bit. 99% of the people would do this, especially when they are wanted. People who are recruited in business always make a few hardball asks right before they sign on.

Reaction Score
Check back in 2 years, then again in 5. I'll bet on a positive trend
Probably! But the point was over the last 7-9 years. Over the last 7-9 years our NBA presence has been pretty meager (and, until recently, getting worse) for a program of our historical stature.

Reaction Score
Quite possibly. As a second round pick who has yet to play a regular season game, we'll have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
I want to believe so much. I'm dipping my toe in the water but want to do a cannonball right in the pool. I just find it hard to believe that some random internet message board posters and Frank Isola have it as a UConn lock, yet every national recruiting guy has Duke still as the favorite. You would think that if it was out there as common knowledge among enough people, that at least one of them would be mentioning it. Feels like an elaborate troll job by Duke, PC or Cuse fans.

Reaction Score
The trick is just enjoying that we're in the race without fear of or attaching emotion to the outcome. We've won already. Our historically well regarded program is back at its peak levels and ascending. Tickets are hard to come by. We're a pre season top 10 team. We have a home grown guy on MVP watch lists and we're in a dog fight for the best recruit in half a decade.

That is in and of itself to be enjoyed. Hence the dumb AI artwork and duke antagonistic posts on my part. I'm just enjoying this and if Flagg goes to Duke that wont make this less enjoyable. You tip your hat and move on. In the meantime, let the shenanigans continue!
Cam Boozer might have something to say about this, especially the way he played Saturday night.

Reaction Score
Yep, that's it!

You have it all figured out...
I can't even tell if you are serious or being sarcastic. I don't know what to believe anymore. Up is down, left is right, black is white...

Reaction Score
Seriously. Can we dip into our slush fund to send some boneyard degenerates down to Durham. I have some ideas.........

favourite GIF
rats swarm GIF

I kid I kid. I hope it's beautiful in Durham this weekend... ;)
I’m in Durham right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01