r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn* | Page 6 | The Boneyard

r/CollegeBasketball user claims to have insider info on Cooper Flagg -> UConn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh it's that same guy? My disappointment is immeasurable.

His account is definitely that of a real guy living in Maine, but yeah I expect he's just shaking stuff up.
Interesting character. He has an infatuation with CT sports. He has post talking about the whalers and the hartford wolf pack.

There is definitely Flagg/UConn smoke. I don't know if this is that smoke though. It possible but unlikely

Reaction Score
Flaggs parents sold their house in Maine and just bought a house in Florida. I think we definitely have a chance but I would feel better about landing him if his parents were still living in Maine

He can easily pay for a rental for his parents for 6 months with his NIL money. They can watch every game in person no matter where they “live”. Then he can buy them a mansion after he is the top pick in the NBA draft. He will sign larger endorsement deals the day after he helps UConn win #7.

Reaction Score
He can easily pay for a rental for his parents for 6 months with his NIL money. They can watch every game in person no matter where they “live”. Then he can buy them a mansion after he is the top pick in the NBA draft. He will sign larger endorsement deals the day after he helps UConn win #7.
It’s easier for extended family and close family friends to get to Storrs compared to Durham. Obviously. So that doesn’t hurt.

Reaction Score
Is this the post you’re talking about with the unofficial? If so I think the visit info was about Duke. Both things match up with them.

If i'm reading correctly he claimed flagg enjoyed his visit to UConn before he actually took the visit. I could be wrong. How long ago was flagg's UConn visit. This post is a month old.

*I may have written the guy off too soon. I don't know how reddit dates their post. Maybe his post was after the visit

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If i'm reading correctly he claimed flagg enjoyed his visit to UConn before he actually took the visit. I could be wrong. How long ago was flagg's UConn visit. This post is a month old.

*I may have written the guy off too soon. I don't know how reddit dates their post. Maybe his post was after the visit
No I think you’re right. I tried to delete but too late. The dates for the visit line up with ours, not Duke’s.

Not sure if he’s the best source of info. But if nothing else I love all of this positive news to make Duke sweat.

@August_West would be hilarious to use your script to act like an insider on their board that’s heard rumblings about UConn. Lmao

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No I think you’re right. I tried to delete but too late. The dates for the visit line up with ours, not Duke’s.

Not sure if he’s the best source of info. But if nothing else I love all of this positive news to make Duke sweat.

@August_West would be hilarious to use your script to act like an insider on their board that’s heard rumblings about UConn. Lmao

They are already scared and trying to act like they aren't. Let's let it play out.

Reaction Score
Sure. All that tells me is that he liked his visit to UConn. Let's see if it lasts through the visit to Duke. I am hopefully, but they are getting their chance.
Don’t forget he already did an unofficial to Duke…so he has a perspective. Not sure how much the official will change his view of the environment?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
All this “Flagg to UConn” rumor stuff only means Duke goes harder this weekend. I don’t like it.
Not closing on Flagg would/will hurt Duke beyond the value of the player...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Who does it better?
fainting goat GIF

GOAT > goat

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Agreed. This whole time I've assumed he's going to Duke, and held out slight hope that he could come here. Now I'm actually getting my hopes up for the first time. Which probably means the kick is coming any time now.
The trick is just enjoying that we're in the race without fear of or attaching emotion to the outcome. We've won already. Our historically well regarded program is back at its peak levels and ascending. Tickets are hard to come by. We're a pre season top 10 team. We have a home grown guy on MVP watch lists and we're in a dog fight for the best recruit in half a decade.

That is in and of itself to be enjoyed. Hence the dumb AI artwork and duke antagonistic posts on my part. I'm just enjoying this and if Flagg goes to Duke that wont make this less enjoyable. You tip your hat and move on. In the meantime, let the shenanigans continue!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yeah. UConn isn’t close to UK and Duke simply bc they got so many 5 stars over the last 7-9 years.

It’s shocking UConn has as many NCs as Duke since 1990 when you look at the recruiting.

Not the first to say this but we've really benefited from having *3 and *4 stars that stayed 3+ years -- the combination of those experienced upperclassmen with talented freshmen has worked for us over and over.

OTOH, when you're turning a roster of *5 kids over year after year, you have to catch lightning in a bottle to win a title. You're not really building towards anything. 1999, 2004 and 2023 didn't come out of nowhere: those teams were built.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting we don't pursue one-and-done types. We should be going after every top-20 kid with interest. Like I said, our title teams have always featured good freshmen (or, in the case of 1999, sophomores). I just think a hybrid system > the Calipari system. The results speak for themselves, don't they?

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Don’t forget he already did an unofficial to Duke…so he has a perspective. Not sure how much the official will change his view of the environment?
That makes me wonder - are the rules for the visit different from what a coach is allowed to do?

I.E. do you think Hurley uses same type of pitch/visit style for Unofficial/Official visits?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The trick is just enjoying that we're in the race without fear of or attaching emotion to the outcome. We've won already. Our historically well regarded program is back at its peak levels and ascending. Tickets are hard to come by. We're a pre season top 10 team. We have a home grown guy on MVP watch lists and we're in a dog fight for the best recruit in half a decade.
This post reminds me of Tampa Bay when Joe D started babbling how UConn fans should be ecstatic no matter what happens. Of all people, Dee Rowe told him that thinking was nonsense. We made it this far, anything less than a win is a disappointment.

Reaction Score
Kwintin was in the comments in a recent UConnMBB IG post and it took me aback.
Kwintin from the lakers streaming series and video game simulators? Odd how he still carved a career in basketball.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not the first to say this but we've really benefited from having *3 and *4 stars that stayed 3+ years -- the combination of those experienced upperclassmen with talented freshmen has worked for us over and over.

OTOH, when you're turning a roster of *5 kids over year after year, you have to catch lightning in a bottle to win a title. You're not really building towards anything. 1999, 2004 and 2023 didn't come out of nowhere: those teams were built.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting we don't pursue one-and-done types. We should be going after every top-20 kid with interest. Like I said, our title teams have always featured good freshmen (or, in the case of 1999, sophomores). I just think a hybrid system > the Calipari system. The results speak for themselves, don't they?
Except UNC. They need special help with 5* upperclassmen to win. ;)

How 5*s consistently make it to their upperclassmen years that much with them, who knows.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This post reminds me of Tampa Bay when Joe D started babbling how UConn fans should be ecstatic no matter what happens. Of all people, Dee Rowe told him that thinking was nonsense. We made it this far, anything less than a win is a disappointment.
home alone christmas movies GIF

Reaction Score
I know we're all UConn homers here but come on. I'll agree with you on the last point but I don't think the first and second points are true. He'll be 17 in a couple months so you really believe UConn has put more players in the NBA and had more success in the last 7-9 years than Duke? Next 7-9 years I'd put my money on UConn but not the last 7-9 overall.
Our NBA presence has been a real weakness lately, actually.

Lamb is out of the league (nice 10 year career, but that's it). Drummond is a dinosaur in the modern game. Kemba broke down. Bouknight looks like a bust so far.

Hawkins has a chance to make a splash and, amazingly, Rudy Gay is still plugging along in a veteran reserve role, but that's about it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

That is in and of itself to be enjoyed. Hence the dumb AI artwork and duke antagonistic posts on my part. I'm just enjoying this and if Flagg goes to Duke that wont make this less enjoyable. You tip your hat and move on. In the meantime, let the shenanigans continue!

I threw you a like because I generally agree, but Cooper could be the difference between us winning another national championship or not. I know we're a juggernaut and can win one without him, but I like our odds better if he's wearing national flag blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom