Quote in The Athletic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quote in The Athletic

Reaction Score
Don't worry guys, the high major coach is Hurley and he's playing 4d chess to get his team fired up.

Reaction Score
I think you are referencing the same article I was just reading. I generally like the Athletic, but that article was written for click bait… while I do think there is a TON of parity in CBB this year, there are very clearly 2 dominant teams that the article decided to basically not mention at all.
???

if its the same article I read, the guy made a pretty compelling case for there being a ton of parity, and then closed with exacly your point.

“On the other, though, a handful of teams at the top have started to separate themselves. This week marked the fifth straight that Purdue and Connecticut, both 22-2, were ranked first and second in the AP poll. Houston (21-3), despite some offensive question marks, has ranked No. 1 in most computer rankings for months and has put together one of the best adjusted-efficiency margins in recent history. Those three teams will almost certainly be the top three overall seeds when the selection committee reveals its late-season top 16 on Saturday”

Reaction Score
I think you are referencing the same article I was just reading. I generally like the Athletic, but that article was written for click bait… while I do think there is a TON of parity in CBB this year, there are very clearly 2 dominant teams that the article decided to basically not mention at all.
Imagine if it was Izzo or pitino.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
???

if its the same article I read, the guy made a pretty compelling case for there being a ton of parity, and then closed with exacly your point.

“On the other, though, a handful of teams at the top have started to separate themselves. This week marked the fifth straight that Purdue and Connecticut, both 22-2, were ranked first and second in the AP poll. Houston (21-3), despite some offensive question marks, has ranked No. 1 in most computer rankings for months and has put together one of the best adjusted-efficiency margins in recent history. Those three teams will almost certainly be the top three overall seeds when the selection committee reveals its late-season top 16 on Saturday”
It was basically a footnote in his article that was contrary to the headline and everything he spent 20 paragraphs trying to prove. There absolutely are teams head and shoulders above the field is all I'm saying (and the article tried to claim there were none).

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This week marked the fifth straight that Purdue and Connecticut, both 22-2, were ranked first and second in the AP poll.
I've decided that I need to be offended by the author putting Purdue ahead of UConn in that sentence, since they are #2, and we are #1.

Reaction Score
Nothing to see here. We can't even get unanimous agreement from UConn fans that we're a blue blood, let alone the national media
UConn stands alone and atop the CB mountain as Blue & White Bloods, which is all I care about. They were the last team stranding at the end of last year's season and have been standing atop the top 25 for the past few weeks with solid odds to repeat as national champs.

Anyone who takes the time to witness the way UConn has been taking care of business and executing on both ends of the floor, would realize how well coached they are and how much they've separated from the rest of the field.

I've watched Purdue a few times. They might be on the regular season podium along with UConn. They're a program that has been a middling B10 program for many years that has a dominant big man and a solid supporting cast this year. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see a competition gauntlet they face in the B10 and don't think they'd be as dominant if they were in the Big East. It's hard to win conference games on road, and they have been taking care of business. I still think the eye test points to UConn being on a different level. I guess we'll all find out come March.

Reaction Score
Reads like a direct attack on Hurley because the anonymous guy doesn't think Hurley is a high-level coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom