Quite frankly | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Quite frankly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing cries for attention like this thread makes me wonder if the local CVS ran out of Russel Stover chocolates for Chief’s gf?
I don’t know how to break this to you? If you think talking about how to block shots, is going to get the attention of the ladies, I think you will need to rethink that approach. At any rate, Chief wishes you lots of luck.

Reaction Score
That’s precisely the expectation that players understand the intricacies of the game, so when the fast pace action occurs, guys will react “instinctively” and make the right plays. What the well meaning Casual Fan sometimes doesn’t properly calculate is that what may appear instinctive for the great players is a result of practice, understanding the game and focus. The great ones know where their teammates are and if they are not there let them hear about it LOL.
Hahaha this is like his 5th summer league game. The draft was like 2 weeks ago... this is like aau with bigger guys... lol
#basic

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My favorite blocks are when the defender actually catches the ball. Keeps possession and is absolutely demoralizing for the offensive player. Very rare though.

In this case, it was a fast break. In that case, I think blocking it out of bounds is good. The dead ball gives defense time to get set up and make the offense work hard for points.
I saw The Dream do the catch block a few times.

Reaction Score
Hahaha this is like his 5th summer league game. The draft was like 2 weeks ago... this is like aau with bigger guys... lol
#basic
You never met an excuse you didn’t like.

Reaction Score
Quite honestly

If I’m a college recruit and I visit this forum, I’d have to scratch my head over the idea of playing for this fan base. I’m gonna end up with some creep pretending he knows me, and criticizing a block I make in summer league, after I’m the first lottery draft pick in 9 years (our longest drought since Donyell was our first top 12 pick) and only the 11th player to be drafted in the lottery; all after said creep said I wouldn’t be drafted in the lottery.

Reaction Score
Quite honestly

If I’m a college recruit and I visit this forum, I’d have to scratch my head over the idea of playing for this fan base. I’m gonna end up with some creep pretending he knows me, and criticizing a block I make in summer league, after I’m the first lottery draft pick in 9 years (our longest drought since Donyell was our first top 12 pick) and only the 11th player to be drafted in the lottery; all after said creep said I wouldn’t be drafted in the lottery.
Actually, contrary to your post, our recruiting is doing just fine. You are incorrectly extrapolating a lot from a post about blocking a shot. Good thing our players and recruits aren’t as strangely sensitive as you are.
What Chief often finds is that his suggestions are welcomed new territorry. Perhaps you and that lower tier AAU coach might want to recalibrate and recognize kids often welcome constructive feedback. Seems like the snowflakes are what you see when you look in the mirror. Not who Chief see on the circuit.
As for the draft, in May Chief had James 15-17 but adjust that to lottery 14-16 due to a tragic death. Chief was locked out of the draft thread but a few weeks before the draft my NBA source said 7-9. He went 11. Two above 9 and three below 14. Not bad, much better than than the Top 5 stuff you trafficed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quite honestly

Flip the script. Suppose there’s a recruit out there who we are after, and he believes he is a good fit based on talking to the coaches. He is now reconsidering based on what some random posters have said on the boneyard. Would you want that guy ?

Reaction Score
Flip the script. Suppose there’s a recruit out there who we are after, and he believes he is a good fit based on talking to the coaches. He is now reconsidering based on what some random posters have said on the boneyard. Would you want that guy ?
If he doesn’t want to come here then obviously I don’t

Reaction Score
Actually, contrary to your post, our recruiting is doing just fine. You are incorrectly extrapolating a lot from a post about blocking a shot. Good thing our players and recruits aren’t as strangely sensitive as you are.
What Chief often finds is that his suggestions are welcomed new territorry. Perhaps you and that lower tier AAU might want to recalibrate and recognize kids often welcome constructive feedback. Seems like the snowflakes are what you see when you look in the mirror.
Project harder tweetums

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
"Chief’s advice is tell the young guns don’t be satisfied with just #1, try to achieve #2".

explosion toilet GIF

Reaction Score
Quite honestly

I will point you to the Kentucky, Duke, Syracuse, every passionate fan base's board, and tell me if this forum bothers a recruit, then what do those forums do?

They're fan message boards. There are all kinds of opinions. All kinds of stupid takes. They're all like this. I bet ours is mild compared to the wackos on Kentucky's fan message boards.

Remember some of the stuff people posted about Clingan? And we heard his father read them. Didn't seem to have an ounce of effect on his decision.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Meminger?
Hakeem was known as "the Dream."
Chief was locked out of the draft thread but a few weeks before the draft my NBA source said 7-9. He went 11. Two above 9 and three below 14. Not bad, much better than than the Top 5 stuff you trafficed.
Great call, Chief. Too bad about the lock out. Thanks for letting us know.

And "traficed" is more otherworldly than elite.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Quite honestly

Quite frankly I think it is fortunate that the players don't actually interact with the fanbases. I suppose if I were a recruit and actually gave a crap about the fans, I might be impressed by the volume of activity on this site particularly in the off season. Far more likely though, I suspect that I would care more about my relationship with the coaches though.

CL82

Reaction Score
Whenever I see that and I've seen them by UConn players, I am impressed by the crazy athleticism of it.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly I think it is fortunate that the players don't actually interact with the fanbases. I suppose if I were a recruit and actually gave a crap about the fans, I might be impressed by the volume of activity on this site particularly in the off season. Far more likely though, I suspect that I would care more about my relationship with the coaches though.
I just hit a timer and waited. Went off after 78 minutes. Not quite clockwork, but reliable nonetheless.

The response wasn’t as fun this time. It’s always just some projection or other manifestation of a lack of self awareness. It’s getting boring.

CL82

Reaction Score
I just hit a timer and waited. Went off after 78 minutes. Not quite clockwork, but reliable nonetheless.

The response wasn’t as fun this time. It’s always just some projection or other manifestation of a lack of self awareness. It’s getting boring.
Oh I get it, your post was not stupid, you were just trolling. But you’re bored by trolling? I don’t know… Those pieces don’t seem to quite add up.

But I like the attempt. “Oh, I meant to do that…“ [chuckles]

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the emphasis on a chase down block is to make the block and the last thing anyone is worried about is knocking it to a teammate, they’re trying to prevent the guy with the ball from scoring…

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the emphasis on a chase down block is to make the block and the last thing anyone is worried about is knocking it to a teammate, they’re trying to prevent the guy with the ball from scoring…
Absolutely a casual fan (correct @Chief00 ) Russell and melo would now where the waterboy is standing 80 feet away on just about every fast breaking.....

Reaction Score
As Chief said it’s that Next Level thinking that a player will strive for to be great. True, what you described is the typical play and what Casual Fans love to see.
Chief wasn’t trying to pick on James but more comment about making a Next Level play vs. one that gets you on Sports Center highlights and be the hero of First Night. .

Reaction Score
Meminger?
Hakeem was known as "the Dream."

Great call, Chief. Too bad about the lock out. Thanks for letting us know.

And "traficed" is more otherworldly than elite.
They shut down the edit capability too soon after a message is posted so often can’t correct typos or autocorrects as Chief would like to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom