Quiet out here about the game | The Boneyard

Quiet out here about the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the whole fanbase is shellshocked. Our team is terrible but that's not what has caused major depression to settle in, it's the fact that we are somehow stuck in this joke of a conference. Our games now have less juice than many high school games around the country. Our conference is terrible and somehow we play down to whatever crud team you throw at us. UConn games used to be an event for us, something to look forward to and help you get through a rough work day. I almost dread game days now, I'm still compelled to watch because I'm a diehard fan but I know it will leave me feeling depressed watching our performance and the realization that we are stuck in a basketball purgatory.

Reaction Score
If we do make the tourney (I doubt we will) we just don't enough things consistently well to go very far.

Reaction Score
Well the bright side of the conference we are in is that we have 8 wins. If this team was in the old Big East we may not have a win. It is really hard to watch this effort or lack there of.

Reaction Score
I think the whole fanbase is shellshocked. Our team is terrible but that's not what has caused major depression to settle in, it's the fact that we are somehow stuck in this joke of a conference. Our games now have less juice than many high school games around the country. Our conference is terrible and somehow we play down to whatever crud team you throw at us. UConn games used to be an event for us, something to look forward to and help you get through a rough work day. I almost dread game days now, I'm still compelled to watch because I'm a diehard fan but I know it will leave me feeling depressed watching our performance and the realization that we are stuck in a basketball purgatory.

Well, we can console ourselves with the abundance of talent on the team, secure in the knowledge that we have the best back court in the country.

Reaction Score
Brimah is the player that UConn can least afford to sit on the bench. With him on the floor they're better than any AAC team except SMU. With Nolan on the floor instead of Brimah, this team can (and has) lose to the worse teams in the AAC.

Let's hope that Brimah plays 20 minutes in the 2nd half. If AB must come out, put Facey at center.

Questions! Can Enoch hold onto the ball? Can he get a rebound? Can he get more than 2 inches off the floor? Is he capable of a dunk? Can block a shot once a season? Can he play more than 15 minutes without fouling out? Can he make a guard actually worry about getting his shot blocked if he takes it to the basket? If Enoch can do even ONE of these things then we'll have a MAJOR upgrade at backup center.

And, not for nothing, but WTF with Omar's 3 point shooting?! Did he miss 5, or was it 6, wide open three's?

I predict that with Brimah on the floor UConn storms back for a win.

Reaction Score

If we were in the ACC, we would be in 14th place and under .500 and on the losing side of multiple double digit losses. There would be no juice under those circumstances as well. The conference stinks no doubt but I can't focus on that with what is coaching on with the coaching recruiting and player evaluations. The focus should be on this coaching staff who A. Constructed this unbelievably flawed team and B. cannot prepare them to beat incredibly beatable competition despite our flaws.

Not sure what is going on but about 70% of men's college bball this year is unwatchable. Our team is a microcosm of it. The coaches either pull their heads out of their behinds on the recruiting trail and stop losing recruits to the VCU's and UNLV's of the world or we will be stuck with what we are watching. Recruiting is everything right now in this sport. Not enough good players to go around. You better get some.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, we can console ourselves with the abundance of talent on the team, secure in the knowledge that we have the best back court in the country.
Can't wait to watch Mayweather dominate Pacquiao with one arm tied behind his back.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Why come on the board during the game and listen to everyone whine about the refs, make the same usual complaints and say we suck. I avoid the board at all costs during games.

Reaction Score
Why come on the board during the game and listen to everyone whine about the refs, make the same usual complaints and say we suck. I avoid the board at all costs during games.
I think it is that or drink heavily and I gave that up for Lent. Maybe I should have given up the BY. ;)

Reaction Score
i honestly forgot we had a game, remember at 9:02, looked up score and saw we played ECU and remembered why i didnt care about not watching game. I just cant get excited for a late february game against ECU, whether we are tourney bound or not.

Reaction Score
Brimah is the player that UConn can least afford to sit on the bench. With him on the floor they're better than any AAC team except SMU. With Nolan on the floor instead of Brimah, this team can (and has) lose to the worse teams in the AAC.

Let's hope that Brimah plays 20 minutes in the 2nd half. If AB must come out, put Facey at center.

Questions! Can Enoch hold onto the ball? Can he get a rebound? Can he get more than 2 inches off the floor? Is he capable of a dunk? Can block a shot once a season? Can he play more than 15 minutes without fouling out? Can he make a guard actually worry about getting his shot blocked if he takes it to the basket? If Enoch can do even ONE of these things then we'll have a MAJOR upgrade at backup center.

And, not for nothing, but WTF with Omar's 3 point shooting?! Did he miss 5, or was it 6, wide open three's?

I predict that with Brimah on the floor UConn storms back for a win.
In fairness to Nolan, Brimah can't do at least 3 of those things....

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
For some reason Nolan didn't get credit in the box score for that early assist he had on the Boatright three.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
i honestly forgot we had a game, remember at 9:02, looked up score and saw we played ECU and remembered why i didnt care about not watching game. I just cant get excited for a late february game against ECU, whether we are tourney bound or not.
This attitude mystifies me. UCONN playing for their tourney lives. Hamilton and Brimah growing up before our eyes. Can't imagine how a Uconn fan who cares enough to come post on a Uconn message board doesn't have an interest in the game the team he cares enough to post about is playing.

Reaction Score
This attitude mystifies me. UCONN playing for their tourney lives. Hamilton and Brimah growing up before our eyes. Can't imagine how a Uconn fan who cares enough to come post on a Uconn message board doesn't have an interest in the game the team he cares enough to post about is playing.
I think it is more about disappointment because of exaggerated expectations. This team teases you. Just when you think they are getting it , they fall on their face. The fact is we are very young , very inexperienced or both depending upon the player. We are short a second ball handler, Brimah can't stay on the court, etc.
Going forward post Boat we will likely have backcourt struggles but we will also see Brimah and Hamilton turn into stars. There is a lot of potential on this team and players do get better.

Reaction Score

they aren't getting into the tournament unless they win the conference tournament, lets be real. I get it, I'm excited for the future of Hamilton. I'm sorry, i just cant get excited watching them play ECU and about 90% of these other AAC teams. If these games satisfy you, fine. But these games are a far cry from the excitement that used to swirl around uconn games. Even in Uconn's down years I still got pleasure watching them play exciting teams. I know at this point and time, thats not happening and it may never happen. Call me less of a fan or whatever you want, watching a stagnant offense finally kick it into gear 30 minutes in against a team no one cares about isnt on my priority list.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
they aren't getting into the tournament unless they win the conference tournament, lets be real. I get it, I'm excited for the future of Hamilton. I'm sorry, i just cant get excited watching them play ECU and about 90% of these other AAC teams. If these games satisfy you, fine. But these games are a far cry from the excitement that used to swirl around uconn games. Even in Uconn's down years I still got pleasure watching them play exciting teams. I know at this point and time, thats not happening and it may never happen. Call me less of a fan or whatever you want, watching a stagnant offense finally kick it into gear 30 minutes in against a team no one cares about isnt on my priority list.
Yet you still find the time to come here and post about Uconn basketball. That's what I don't get. You don't care about the team or games but you come here to post about them.

Reaction Score
Yet you still find the time to come here and post about Uconn basketball. That's what I don't get. You don't care about the team or games but you come here to post about them.

What dont you get? I've been a life long Uconn fan, and care about the team, i dont care about ECU or this conference and think its painful to watch. Why is that so difficult to understand?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
1) we won a game against a historically inferior opponent that we should win, and beating them doesn't excite me

2) nothing matters until the AAC tournament, we did that to ourselves

3) I'm numb

Reaction Score
1) we won a game against a historically inferior opponent that we should win, and beating them doesn't excite me

2) nothing matters until the AAC tournament, we did that to ourselves

3) I'm numb

be careful, you may get attacked for speaking ur opinion

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
be careful, you may get attacked for speaking ur opinion

I've done a 180 since the SMU debacle, my never ending enthusiasm has been stripped from me. I only hold on to some long shot fantasy now, kinda like how BC fans must feel every year. I'm aiming low

as for my post you cited, nothing in it is really an opinion. We beat somebody we should beat, nothing matters before the AAC tournament and I'm numb like I've never been since I was listening to the Yankee Conference games on the radio

Reaction Score
THIS. The problem is, this conference stinks. This team is average, at best. And in this conference, they SHOULD win, and beating teams in a crap conference is a yawner. Then there is the distinct possibility that they lose to one of these teams.

I really cannot get excited to watch them struggle to beat East Carolina. Granted they dominated the second half, but down at the half at ECU ? Eek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom