Question about viewing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Question about viewing

Reaction Score
So, being as how I am not in the area of any provider carrying SNY, I am simply sol, both for live streaming and for later viewing, right?
You can get Fox Sports with Slingtv. I believe it costs $35 per month.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I was going to get Flosports for November but all the negative comments changed my mind. If all these comments are true I can't imagine how they stay in business. Read them before you invest in this service. Scares the out of me.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This is copied from the Full Schedule Released thread. Hopefully it will help viewers.
"SNY’s lineup includes UConn’s season opener against Arkansas on Nov. 14, and 17 BIG EAST games for the Huskies. Included in that lineup is UConn’s league opener against Seton Hall on Dec. 3, a rematch of the 2021 BIG EAST title game with Marquette on Dec. 29, and both DePaul showdowns (Dec. 31, Feb. 11).

FOX Sports is also the home for out-of-market games on SNY. Out-of-market fans are able to stream the SNY games at no additional cost to authenticated subscribers. Users will need to sign in with their TV provider credentials at FOX Sports News, Scores, Schedules, Odds, Shows, Streams & Videos | FOX Sports or in the FOX Sports app."

But I still have a question. If for some reason a viewer only has access to their local channels, including Fox, (yes, I am having a 1980s flashback), would they still have access to the FOX Sports app? The local FOX affiliates do cover sports, specifically the NFL and MLB.
Or do you need to have FS1 too?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This is copied from the Full Schedule Released thread. Hopefully it will help viewers.
"SNY’s lineup includes UConn’s season opener against Arkansas on Nov. 14, and 17 BIG EAST games for the Huskies. Included in that lineup is UConn’s league opener against Seton Hall on Dec. 3, a rematch of the 2021 BIG EAST title game with Marquette on Dec. 29, and both DePaul showdowns (Dec. 31, Feb. 11).

FOX Sports is also the home for out-of-market games on SNY. Out-of-market fans are able to stream the SNY games at no additional cost to authenticated subscribers. Users will need to sign in with their TV provider credentials at FOX Sports News, Scores, Schedules, Odds, Shows, Streams & Videos | FOX Sports or in the FOX Sports app."

But I still have a question. If for some reason a viewer only has access to their local channels, including Fox, (yes, I am having a 1980s flashback), would they still have access to the FOX Sports app? The local FOX affiliates do cover sports, specifically the NFL and MLB.
Or do you need to have FS1 too?
You must have FS1 to get the app.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was going to get Flosports for November but all the negative comments changed my mind. If all these comments are true I can't imagine how they stay in business. Read them before you invest in this service. Scares the out of me.
They're not true. The main basis for these peoples complaints is the lack of a feed on First Night. Yet the problem with that night was not FloSports, but the lack of experience the UConn people had with dealing with providers, and their all around ineptitude in almost everything that night. The Facebook feed failed that night as well. How was that FloSports problem? It was the UConn media people that failed that night, not Flosports. Now, if someone complains about the video quality of FloSports feeds they may have a leg to stand on. But these other people are all really just passing gas into a hat.

Reaction Score
Because that’s the climate of the times we’re living in. I feel your pain. I want to see every UConn women’s game I can. That means I have to pony up some extra cheese to do so. I have DirecTV.

I buy the package that has all of the ESPN channels, and the other national sports channels like FS1 and CBSSN. That package costs me $194 a month. That does not include SNY. SNY is part of a regional sports package that’s available for an additional fee of $14 a month. I only buy the sports package during the regular season. On top of that, they also charge a “regional sports fee” if you have any ESPN channel in your package.

I remember when cable/satellite TV was reasonable. Those days are gone forever. There are some things I’m willing to cut back on, being able to watch all of UConn’s women’s games is not one of them. I also record every game in case I want to watch it again.

The losses I delete right away. I’ve never rewatched a loss. It was painful to watch the first time. Once is enough. I guess the time to really be concerned is when we can no longer afford those cable/satellite TV prices, and can no longer watch any of the games. :(
Maybe this should go on the random thoughts thread. How come we never got to the business model of buying single channels? I watch probably fewer than a dozen channels, but I have 500 including 50 or 60 shopping, food, home remodeling, religious, foreign language, kid channels, etc.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe this should go on the random thoughts thread. How come we never got to the business model of buying single channels? I watch probably fewer than a dozen channels, but I have 500 including 50 or 60 shopping, food, home remodeling, religious, foreign language, kid channels, etc.
I specifically asked a phone rep at DirectTV if I could only add SNY ala carte. They said no. You have to buy the entire package for $13.99 per month. Even though I don’t watch any of the other stations in that package, I really don’t have a choice if I want to see their games. I add the package the morning of the first game, and cancel it right after the last one. So I grin an bear it. It’s only money.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if it is possible to watch all the women's games this year without SNY? I heard fubotv was a possible option, but am not sure if it actually shows every game. Thanks.
I believe you have to be in a local zip code for SNY even with streaming services.
Hulu and FUNO will then stream them. If you are not local Foxsports carries the games.

Reaction Score
I've read you can use a VPN to make it seem like you are steaming from a different local than which you actually are, thus allowing you to view certain restricted broadcasts. Does anyone know if this actually works ?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I've read you can use a VPN to make it seem like you are steaming from a different local than which you actually are, thus allowing you to view certain restricted broadcasts. Does anyone know if this actually works ?
You are correct in that posters here have stated that they used a VPN to do what you say. I don't recall who they are, though.
Last season I tried to do that using YouTube TV as my provider. My wife is very tech savvy and has been since the early 90s and keeps up with all of this stuff. Even when we used a NYC VPN server site, we were not able to change our service location to the SNY service area. We tried this before the information was provided by SNY about streaming the games on the Fox Sports app/channel. So we canceled our trial VPN service.
I have no idea if our failure is due to using YTTV or something else.
But I was able to stream/watch every SNY game, so I am a happy camper.

Reaction Score
So I am challenged in remembering from last season. For those of us in Ct with Frontier SNY is not part of our package . How can we get women's games ? Sorry to rehash what I feel like is an old conversation !

Centerstream

Reaction Score
So I am challenged in remembering from last season. For those of us in Ct with Frontier SNY is not part of our package . How can we get women's games ? Sorry to rehash what I feel like is an old conversation !
The SNY televised games can be streamed using the Fox Sports app.
SNY’s lineup includes UConn’s season opener against Arkansas on Nov. 14, and 17 BIG EAST games for the Huskies. Included in that lineup is UConn’s league opener against Seton Hall on Dec. 3, a rematch of the 2021 BIG EAST title game with Marquette on Dec. 29, and both DePaul showdowns (Dec. 31, Feb. 11).

FOX Sports is also the home for out-of-market games on SNY. Out-of-market fans are able to stream the SNY games at no additional cost to authenticated subscribers. Users will need to sign in with their TV provider credentials at FOX Sports News, Scores, Schedules, Odds, Shows, Streams & Videos | FOX Sports or in the FOX Sports app.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
They're not true. The main basis for these peoples complaints is the lack of a feed on First Night. Yet the problem with that night was not FloSports, but the lack of experience the UConn people had with dealing with providers, and their all around ineptitude in almost everything that night. The Facebook feed failed that night as well. How was that FloSports problem? It was the UConn media people that failed that night, not Flosports. Now, if someone complains about the video quality of FloSports feeds they may have a leg to stand on. But these other people are all really just passing gas into a hat.
These were not UConn people that wrote these reviews. They were from people around the country that invested in Flosports. Announcers that didn't know the players names, billing them for a year when they only wanted it for a shorter time. Couldn't even get in touch with customer service. First Night never entered my mind when I posted this.

Reaction Score
Any Arizona based Husky fans out there? Curious as to if and how you watch the Huskies?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Any Arizona based Husky fans out there? Curious as to if and how you watch the Huskies?
I'm not in AZ, NC here. I'm guessing that they would watch the games the same way that I do, the SNY games I stream using the Fox Sports app on my Roku (or Firestick). I get the "nationally televised" games as part of my YouTube TV subscription.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Man, I’ve enjoyed your comments over the years. What’s going on here? We taking up stereotyping?

I ask this because it is so unlike you...
I thought it was comical because our local news coverage, no matter the network affiliation, seems to cover nothing but murder and mayhem and terrible stories. I do not find it stereotyping, but an unwelcome result of reliance upon national news feeds of disaster and violence 24/7. Coupled with a trend toward smaller local reporting staffs, the old meme of "If it bleeds, it leads" is so true. BTW, thanks for your encouragement as to prior posts, and I hope this answers your "what's going on here?" .

Reaction Score
I thought it was comical because our local news coverage, no matter the network affiliation, seems to cover nothing but murder and mayhem and terrible stories. I do not find it stereotyping, but an unwelcome result of reliance upon national news feeds of disaster and violence 24/7. Coupled with a trend toward smaller local reporting staffs, the old meme of "If it bleeds, it leads" is so true. BTW, thanks for your encouragement as to prior posts, and I hope this answers your "what's going on here?" .
Yes it does. Thanks.

Reaction Score

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if it is possible to watch all the women's games this year without SNY? I heard fubotv was a possible option, but am not sure if it actually shows every game. Thanks.
You should be able to watch the games on ESPN 3 at ESPN.COM

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom