Question about viewing | The Boneyard

Question about viewing

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if it is possible to watch all the women's games this year without SNY? I heard fubotv was a possible option, but am not sure if it actually shows every game. Thanks.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if it is possible to watch all the women's games this year without SNY? I heard fubotv was a possible option, but am not sure if it actually shows every game. Thanks.
I believe SNY has exclusive rights to all UConn games not gobbled up by others with contracts for certain games, such as Fox, ESPN and CBSSN. I think this would include every OOC game and all post season tournament games that will not be on SNY.

I have no idea if fubotv has access to the SNY games.

The Battle 4Atlantis tournament is covered by FloSports, a subscription streaming service.

Reaction Score
I heard Slingtv is a possible option.

Reaction Score
Yes, FUBO does caerry the SNY network. You will need Roku or a Fire Stick device (among others) to stream FUBO on your tv.

Reaction Score
SNY games will be available thru FOX Sports App for out of market SNY fans. But I believe to watch this app, you must identify your cable company (and Fox Sports 1 is included in your particular package), cable company login and password. You will only get the actual game, no pre or post games shows. But if you miss the game, it will be available for a day or two.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Why does it feel like you have to pay 3 different times to watch something that use to be free........
My guess - because WCBB is becoming more profitable. We used to get all the games for "free" on CPTV, except for nationally televised games. Now, if you have access to SNY, it's the same - you can get pretty much all the games not on CBS sports, ESPN, or Fox (i know they have the BE contract for the men, but i'm guessing not the women?). It's possible that a game away against a team like SC, Stanford, or tOSU might only be available on the SEC, Pac12, or B1G network..., but it's more likely those games might be on ESPN... Maybe Vandy, USC or something might have been a better example.

At any rate, with the exception of the Battle at Atlantis, I think most of us can get all the UCONN games if we have a cable provider that has an extended sports package. I live in Los Angeles and have SNY (as well as NESN, etc.) so i'm able to get pretty much all the UCONN games (plus Yankess and Red Sox and Mets content).

Reaction Score
I heard Slingtv is a possible option.
Sling is only an option if you live in a designated region. I have it solely to watch Colorado games since Directv doesn’t carry PAC-12 Network but does carry SNY.

Reaction Score
I use Hulu for my TV provider and it has SNY (at least in Western NY State). I was able to watch all UConn's games last year with no issues (and record to watch repeatedly :D).

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My guess - because WCBB is becoming more profitable. We used to get all the games for "free" on CPTV, except for nationally televised games. Now, if you have access to SNY, it's the same - you can get pretty much all the games not on CBS sports, ESPN, or Fox (i know they have the BE contract for the men, but i'm guessing not the women?). It's possible that a game away against a team like SC, Stanford, or tOSU might only be available on the SEC, Pac12, or B1G network..., but it's more likely those games might be on ESPN... Maybe Vandy, USC or something might have been a better example.

At any rate, with the exception of the Battle at Atlantis, I think most of us can get all the UCONN games if we have a cable provider that has an extended sports package. I live in Los Angeles and have SNY (as well as NESN, etc.) so i'm able to get pretty much all the UCONN games (plus Yankess and Red Sox and Mets content).
Eric, Fox has the rights to both the men's and women's games. SNY has a contract with UConn and carries most of the games. Fox I believe has first choice, then CBS, then SNY, but SNY has a guarantied a set number of UConn games in their contract, they just don't have the first pick.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And Cokes and Pepsis and Nehis used to be a nickle. (Back when I didn't have a lot of nickles!)

But serously, folks, will the games still be available the next day through the archive?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
And Cokes and Pepsis and Nehis used to be a nickle. (Back when I didn't have a lot of nickles!)

But serously, folks, will the games still be available the next day through the archive?
SNY's will not be available unless they waive their copyright's which they decided to enforce last year. That is why you don't see any of their covered games on the Boneyard.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Will the live stream start at 7 on the dot? Their facebook page is quiet.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
SNY's will not be available unless they waive their copyright's which they decided to enforce last year. That is why you don't see any of their covered games on the Boneyard.
But many if not most of those covered by SNY later show up on YouTube.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Nehi's! Egg cream's, Nehi's, and malts, with real malt in the blend. The days my friend.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
But many if not most of those covered by SNY later show up on YouTube.
Yes but YouTube is not posted on the Boneyard either, the question was about the games being posted the next day through the archive which is part of Nan's rules post on the very first page of the Boneyard.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, then I guess I will not get to see much of the superteam thiis season. A murrain on SNY!

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yes but YouTube is not posted on the Boneyard either, the question was about the games being posted the next day through the archive which is part of Nan's rules post on the very first page of the Boneyard.
I'm confused about what you are trying to explain. The SNY games are no longer posted on UCONNHUSKYGAMES site but some were posted to YouTube by the person that made them available to be posted to the UCONNHUSKYGAMES site (they also posted on the Boneyard after each game was uploaded). Nan did add this, about YouTube, to the rules post.
There were a couple YT channels that had the SNY games available but they seem to be disappearing.

Now for a big swerve: I have been watching last season's replays on YT for the past couple of weeks and one game that I have not found is the St. John’s at UConn. I believe it was a SNY broadcast because if it wasn't, odds are that the replay would be available on UCONNHUSKYGAMES.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
SNY content will not appear on any web site other than their own. They are cracking down on copyright violators. You post their stuff they will sue you into third world poverty.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm confused about what you are trying to explain. The SNY games are no longer posted on UCONNHUSKYGAMES site but some were posted to YouTube by the person that made them available to be posted to the UCONNHUSKYGAMES site (they also posted on the Boneyard after each game was uploaded). Nan did add this, about YouTube, to the rules post.
There were a couple YT channels that had the SNY games available but they seem to be disappearing.

Now for a big swerve: I have been watching last season's replays on YT for the past couple of weeks and one game that I have not found is the St. John’s at UConn. I believe it was a SNY broadcast because if it wasn't, odds are that the replay would be available on UCONNHUSKYGAMES.
Any tips would be appreciated.
I just checked MJL243's YouTube channel and that appears to be the only game not posted. Maybe he had problems with it. He was the one that posted the SNY games to the Boneyard and was forced to take them down.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I just checked MJL243's YouTube channel and that appears to be the only game not posted. Maybe he had problems with it. He was the one that posted the SNY games to the Boneyard and was forced to take them down.
Exactamundo(sp?). I didn't want to post who it was but I guess it is common knowledge. That is the channel that I use for my streaming of the games. Thanks MSGRET.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I believe SNY has exclusive rights to all UConn games not gobbled up by others with contracts for certain games, such as Fox, ESPN and CBSSN. I think this would include every OOC game and all post season tournament games that will not be on SNY.

I have no idea if fubotv has access to the SNY games.

The Battle 4Atlantis tournament is covered by FloSports, a subscription streaming service.
Ugh, I was looking for the TV coverage for Battle 4 Atlantis last night and couldn't find it. I really don't like FloSports coverage.

Reaction Score
Ugh, I was looking for the TV coverage for Battle 4 Atlantis last night and couldn't find it. I really don't like FloSports coverage.
You and I may not like FloSports but if "we" want to watch The Battle 4 Atlantis there's no other option out there to my understanding. As others have suggested, sign up for FloSports for the month and cancel soon after the games are completed.

Fubo TV does carry SNY as one of their RSN (Regional Sports Networks) but like so many other streaming services one must be also located in that RSN's coverage area to be able to get/receive SNY (or others) from Fubo TV.

To answer your initial question, is it possible to watch all the women's games this year without SNY. To my understanding if one does not live in...let's say SNY's coverage area but do have FS1 (as part of a cable or streaming service) you should be able to get/watch SNY's coverage of the games from the Fox Sports various apps they have.

Below link from Fubo TV. Maybe it clear it up a little more....or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom