Providence Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I can't stand the conference comraderie that has seemed to become more and more common since the mess of realignment really kicked off. It's not just you, it seems to be the entire internet.

Providence sucks. They've pretty much always sucked. Their fans don't think they suck and it makes them incredibly annoying. I cant imagine ever rooting for them.
I've loved the Big East since I was 10 years old.

I'll be rooting hard for Marquette, Creighton, Hall, Johnnies in the tournament.

The Big East is special to me, It's city teams and it's always been an "our thing."

I might be a little quaint but I love it.

I agree Providence is douchy and their fans act like jerks. I also hate the way the league is reffed but I do think it puts an uber talented team like us at an advantage when we leave league to play because we've had to fight through everything.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I can't stand the conference comraderie that has seemed to become more and more common since the mess of realignment really kicked off. It's not just you, it seems to be the entire internet.

Providence sucks. They've pretty much always sucked. Their fans don't think they suck and it makes them incredibly annoying. I cant imagine ever rooting for them.
He just said he liked the Big East. I think we all do. Screw all the other teams. I like being on top. I don’t really care if they win, as long as we win more.

Reaction Score
What a quote.

Finish Him Mortal Kombat GIF

Reaction Score
Nice to see us rebound after a horrible start. Castle offense returns and Samson Johnson sighting is nice. Now on to NYC and winning the BE Tourney. Our 2nd goal. Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
Went to the game, was behind the basket in section 101. Saw Seeing Hurley on TV doesn’t do it any justice seeing him in person he’s an absolute nut but he’s our nut. I know this game looked meaningless on the surface, you better not tell Hurley that, last 2 games on the road, no practice can duplicate that, can take alot of lessons from this.

Could tell this one was personal for Hurley, place was so freaking loud especially when he picked up the T couldnt hear my own voice and went quite real fast, in the blink of an eye.

Reaction Score
Seeing a grown man pee cee fan holding a 20oz Truly hard seltzer chirping at Hurley after the game perfectly sums up pee cee fan base.

Jim Jackson dominoes nick 'em to death comment in the first half was great.

Samson's first stint in first half was gawd awful. Helluva in-game adjustment by Slamson.

I still say not even sending the staff or scholarship players and having Mamadou coach a team of walk-ons was the right way to play tonight. Getting down 15-2 and then clubbing PC like baby seals is a real close second of how I wanted this game to play out.
Loved Danny getting Andrew in the game at the end.
Hearing that Hurley was pointing at his ring ringer to the guy, and that PC fan supposedly got into it with other UConn fans and they yelling NIT NIT.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what the technical on Providence was? They come back from the commercial and Spencer's at the line but they never explained it? Unless I missed something?

They never even mentioned Spencer was at the line shooting techs.

Looking at the game tracker, it was a tech on English but who knows why…

7:26+1Cam Spencer makes technical free throw 2 of 221-21
7:26Cam Spencer misses technical free throw 1 of 2
7:26Kim English technical foul
7:26+2Stephon Castle makes two point layup20-21

Reaction Score
Samson takes a beating in these post game threads, he deserves alot of props tonight, he played very well on both ends.
He outplayed Oduro in parts of the game refs were watching him like a hawk on those moving screens he got called on. He gives us 6 and 5 thats all we need, well be in very good shape.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're special, it's that simple. I just enjoy watching games and not really worrying about anything

Reminds me of last March in the dance

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Yeah, that tech was weird - they haven't been good all season explaining them or even acknowledging all of them. I assume it was similar to DH's.

That Clingan 3, I started laughing so hard. What a way to end a (regular) season! Can't wait to see what they do next.

Reaction Score
The Samson moving screen call is becoming the Purvis step out of bounds thing. Should be a drinking game. Is he often guilty? Sure. With that said, not sure you can convince me the refs aren't looking to call it immediately every time. Like the 3rd straight game.

I missed the T-Swift sing-along last night. I was either in the can or they don't partake when getting boatraced by 26 points. Glad we could make it a senior night to remember for the worst fans in the conference.

Reaction Score
Next year I want to see how the BE sets up our home schedule at the end of the season. They clearly wanted us to lose on the road the last quarter of the season this year. Creighton, MQ and PC all away on second matchup.

AD Dave needs to have some input on that.

Reaction Score
Went to the game, was behind the basket in section 101. Saw Seeing Hurley on TV doesn’t do it any justice seeing him in person he’s an absolute nut but he’s our nut. I know this game looked meaningless on the surface, you better not tell Hurley that, last 2 games on the road, no practice can duplicate that, can take alot of lessons from this.

Could tell this one was personal for Hurley, place was so freaking loud especially when he picked up the T couldnt hear my own voice and went quite real fast, in the blink of an eye.

Attending the first open practice was a real treat. If you are close by and they offer an open practice to the public, I suggest going. But I think only Season ticket holders can go. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Hurley got a T.
Clingan hit a 3.
UConn won by double digits.

Works for me.

Great game. Great season. #1 in the BE, 28-3 on the year and 18-2 in the BE. The best regular season in BE history.

Let’s go win some trophies. Let’s go Huskies!
Clingan is 2-2 from three point line this year. Both top of the key with nobody guarding him. DH may run a play for him.

Reaction Score
Clingan is 2-2 from three point line this year. Both top of the key with nobody guarding him. DH may run a play for him.
I thought he was either 2 for 2 or 2 for 3, but I looked it up and he's 2 for 6. I guess he had a lot of forgettable misses.

Reaction Score
What's your strategy, Kim? Get under the skin of a team of Champions by shoving, elbowing and bumping during dead balls?
Congratulations on the embarrassing loss. You clearly have a good idea of what it's like to have dead balls.

Reaction Score
A bunch of UConn fans yelling Providence sucks and taunting their fans on the road like we have some inferiority complex. Not sure this shows what you think it does
IMO. Ok if it is Student v Student but did care for this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom