Providence Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Seeing a grown man pee cee fan holding a 20oz Truly hard seltzer chirping at Hurley after the game perfectly sums up pee cee fan base.

Jim Jackson dominoes nick 'em to death comment in the first half was great.

Samson's first stint in first half was gawd awful. Helluva in-game adjustment by Slamson.

I still say not even sending the staff or scholarship players and having Mamadou coach a team of walk-ons was the right way to play tonight. Getting down 15-2 and then clubbing PC like baby seals is a real close second of how I wanted this game to play out.
Loved Danny getting Andrew in the game at the end.
Well said.

Reaction Score
That was the exclamation point on dominating the regular season both in and out of the conference. Onto the postseason where we just need to continue focusing on what we’ve been doing, relying on each other and take advantage of the postseason experience that many of the main players have.

Reaction Score
We're awesome.

I've always rooted for Providence and stuck up for them but I'm getting pretty sick of their act. We could've beaten them by 30 and called the dogs off and they were chippy as hell on the court and their fans we're giving us the business in a blow out. Second rate team.

Reaction Score
Hurley got a T.
Clingan hit a 3.
UConn won by double digits.

Works for me.

Great game. Great season. #1 in the BE, 28-3 on the year and 18-2 in the BE. The best regular season in BE history.

Let’s go win some trophies. Let’s go Huskies!
Calhoun had 4 2 loss seasons, but the conference season was shorter.

Reaction Score
This game reminded me of Hagler-Hearns. Providence (Hearns) came out throwing haymakers and landing. But, then UConn (Hagler) got their footing and eventually started to dominate. The look on PC players/coaches/fans faces after UConn went on their run at the end of the 1st-half said it all. Just as Hearns knew it was over by Round 3, PC knew it was over by the half!!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We're awesome.

I've always rooted for Providence and stuck up for them but I'm getting pretty sick of their act. We could've beaten them by 30 and called the dogs off and they were chippy as hell on the court and their fans we're giving us the business in a blow out. Second rate team.
Me too. My sister married into a big time PC family. They all graduated from there. I always supported them when it didn't involve us. No more. They can’t lose enough for my taste. My sister went to UConn as well, by the way. I should have known this wouldn’t work out in the end!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We're awesome.

Second rate team, second rate fans.

It's their "culture".

Reaction Score
I have never seen a UConn team so March ready. Every player is confident, believing in each other and so damn unselfish.

The regular season is over and they rank at the top (i.e. regular season speaking) of all UConn teams to me. This includes our 5 Championship teams.

UConn is on top!

Reaction Score
Seeing a grown man pee cee fan holding a 20oz Truly hard seltzer chirping at Hurley after the game perfectly sums up pee cee fan base.

Jim Jackson dominoes nick 'em to death comment in the first half was great.

Samson's first stint in first half was gawd awful. Helluva in-game adjustment by Slamson.

I still say not even sending the staff or scholarship players and having Mamadou coach a team of walk-ons was the right way to play tonight. Getting down 15-2 and then clubbing PC like baby seals is a real close second of how I wanted this game to play out.
Loved Danny getting Andrew in the game at the end.
Loved the baby seals comment. Spot on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom