Providence Post Game Thread. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread.

Reaction Score
Did anybody notice after a 2nd half timeout that Diarra yelled duck* You twice loud? No idea who it was at. Our team? PC's team? Whoever it was, wasn't in the shot on the tv screen.
I saw that

Reaction Score
One of the most brutal games to watch I can remember.

I noticed that Castle is basically off his heels for his entire FT motion. Is that common? I feel like it’s not. Wonder if that’s something to look at to correct and get his FT percentage up.

But hey he’ll have all the time in the world to work on that in a few months when he’s drafted

Reaction Score
In fairness, that kid probably murders pickup games over the summer, and it must have been cool for him to get in. Absolutely hilarious looking though.
He would absolutely destroy me on the court, it's just funny how out of place a good basketball player looks on the court in high level D1. Some people even think by looks alone Cam looks out of place when in actuality he's an incredible athlete.

Reaction Score
What. A. Game.

These types of games are gonna happen. They are a true test and our boys came out and aced it.

Insanely difficult game to call for the refs but they managed it evenly and fairly and brought it back from the brink.

I’m so happy to find these games fascinating and cheering the toughness and grit on display instead of getting salty over bad calls and shots not falling or the alumni announcer not licking my team’s balls.

Huge respect to PC for leaving it all on the court and honoring a legendary rivalry.

Congrats to Steph for his breakout perf.

Like Hurley said in the huddle, “We’re gonna win with toughness and Championship DNA”

Onward to Feb!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Jonah Hill GIFs | Tenor
It's a horrible thing to suggest.

OTOH, if his name was "Corky", you'd have spit out your beverage.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A few comments (no particular order):

• The second and fourth fouls called on Clingan weren’t even close to being fouls. On foul #2 he turned (didn’t move forward at all) and was run into by one of PC’s guards (Pierre?). If there was a foul there it should have been on PC. On #4 he was standing, hands straight up and Oduro (sp?) put his shoulder in DC’s chest as he was taking the shot. If touch fouls like that are going to be called, PC committed about 20-25 in each half that were not called.
  • When a defender steps onto a three point shooter’s landing area it’s an automatic foul. This should apply to all shots, not just threes. When Karaban twisted his ankle, a PC player stepped into the spot under the basket where AK landed after AK went up for the shot.
  • Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I personally cannot stand games like these. Basketball is such a beautiful game when skill and athleticism, well designed offense and defense are showcased. What happens when games turn into this is something that should be competing for airtime with tractor pulls. I don’t believe the conference, and their approach to how games should be officiated is directly intended to punish us but the conference’s affinity for rock fights does punish us as it hurts highly skilled teams far more than it hurts teams with limited skill.
  • One benefit that we will receive (which we capitalized on greatly last year) is once we are in the tournament, we will no longer face teams that prefer a rugby scrum to a basketball game.
  • We took care of business tonight, which is by far the highest priority. If we continue to do so, everything is in front of us for the taking.

Reaction Score
I'll take the win but that was a horrible game to watch as a fan

First Half -
  • The paint was free without Clingan and Providence took advantage. There was a major skill gap, but PC played really tough. Have to credit them for that
  • I lol'd when CFJ tried to take Castle in the post and Steph ate him alive. But CFJ played really well other than that. Scored 7+ four times all season and shoots 34%. Had 7 in the first half on 100%
  • Thank you Stephon Castle for holding it down without Clingan and Karaban. He brought defensive energy and was our only scoring option despite FT troubles
  • Refs absolutely bailed us out on Oduro's third foul. Really favorable whistle in the first half, I'd be upset if I was a Providence fan
Second Half -
  • Clingan's third foul 18 seconds into the second half. Fourth foul less than 2 minutes later. Then Hurley technical. Sigh
  • Stephon Castle or Stephon Curry? Excellent excellent excellent
  • Very boring second half. They were in the double bonus after 9 minutes. We were in it after 10 and a half. If it wasn't UConn, I would have turned it off at 10:30. Game ended at 11:15
  • Cam was off all night but took us home with 6-6 FTs and a floater in the last 4 minutes. Newton with clutch FTs as well
  • Refs let us beat up Carter all night. He was exhausted at the end. Respect to him for fighting through it
Shoutout Oduro. Dude is SO skilled and was carving us up, until Clingan stuffed him in the last minute to seal it. March 9 will be a very fun game, but until then...LET'S GO HUSKIES
Hopkins makes this team a really tough matchup for us and surprisingly they weren’t picked as a top 3 team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well... Corey Floyd Junior had a handful UConn jerseys the whole game. Somehow the refs managed to miss that....
He also had three rebounds in the first half where he pushed a UConn player as the ball was hitting the rim.

Reaction Score
“Ugh” is how I would describe that game. Tons of fouls, poor shooting by both teams, pretty bad free throw shooting for the most part too.

Also, both teams fouled a ton. Really didn’t see many bad calls. Don’t need to always blame the refs, blame bad defense.
They did, foul a ton. You did not see many bad calls, because the "bad" calls are the tons of fouls that are "not called". Call them early. Set the tone. Google bad officiating and notice the complaints are almost always about the "non calls".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The funniest part about this is that I know a couple PC fans who believe that our two programs are very comparable, but somehow we got lucky a number of times, giving the impression (to those who do not know better) that we are a far superior program.
Personally, I think Providence College got lucky and a lot of their NIT runs...

Reaction Score
Anyone else a little worried about Karaban? Hurley said he was at “70%” and will get X-rays tomorrow. I’m no doctor.

Reaction Score
The funniest part about this is that I know a couple PC fans who believe that our two programs are very comparable, but somehow we got lucky a number of times, giving the impression (to those who do not know better) that we are a far superior program.
The two biggest jerks I know are PC fans. I never disliked Providence before. Don't care about the regional thing. They are not close to our level. These 2 bozos singlehandedly made me dislike an entire university.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Donny was awful to listen to today. Hey got my blood pressure up more than the game.
I turned down the volume. He was complaining about the refs not calling fouls on UConn too much for me to take. The really got into our guards on the perimeter and they fought through screens. I thought we would adjust but the best counter is playing inside out when a team defends us like this. We really need to figure out a way to post up Clingan more. Not just for the shot but to kick out for the three. If we counter this type of physical perimeter defense with an inside/out we will get open shots. I know the foul trouble with Clingan created issues for Danny especially picking up #3 on the first possession. But he should have posted Oduro up after Danny left him in. He was not making him play defense enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom