Poll Texas or Baylor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Texas or Baylor

UConn will Face either Texas or Baylor for National Championship Which Team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here is my theory. The best team usually wins. Texas was better than Baylor in Waco, so they won. Baylor was better than Texas in Austin, so they won. If Jones is not back until the NCAA tourney, as is the indication at this point, I think Texas will beat Baylor in the Big 12 tourney if they meet, which would probably mean that Baylor will be a 2 seed. That just means that they will have to beat someone in the regional final that they would have to beat in the Final Four.

I have great respect for UT. Aston is doing a wonderful job with that program and it will only get better next season.
Is that the indication? I have not read anything about the outcome of MRI.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Here is my theory. The best team usually wins. Texas was better than Baylor in Waco, so they won. Baylor was better than Texas in Austin, so they won. If Jones is not back until the NCAA tourney, as is the indication at this point, I think Texas will beat Baylor in the Big 12 tourney if they meet, which would probably mean that Baylor will be a 2 seed. That just means that they will have to beat someone in the regional final that they would have to beat in the Final Four.

I have great respect for UT. Aston is doing a wonderful job with that program and it will only get better next season.
Like I've said, I'm a NYC boy. But if whatever shakes out between those teams it's all good for the great state of Texas.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Both Baylor and Texas are good.
I look for Texas to be really be tough next year.
Boothe and Holmes are going to be hard to stop on the floor at the same time.
It took Texas a while to get back in the picture.But you have to give K.Aston credit.
She worked her butt off, getting the player's there.
Keep Working Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless the Baylor freshmen guards come in ready to contribute Texas will probably win the Big 12 next season. However, I am not sure who UT is going to put on the floor who has a chance of stopping Brown. And Cox is going to be great at the high post, so I still give Baylor a big edge in the paint.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Unless the Baylor freshmen guards come in ready to contribute Texas will probably win the Big 12 next season. However, I am not sure who UT is going to put on the floor who has a chance of stopping Brown. And Cox is going to be great at the high post, so I still give Baylor a big edge in the paint.
You don't think Joyner Holmes can deal with Brown next year? (I don't mean shut her down; I mean hold her around her average so that the other 4 players on each team decide the outcome.)

It will be interesting to see how Azura Stevens and Brown deal with each other if that match-up occurs in next year's NCAA tournament. That will (or should) resemble a match between a gorilla and a gazelle. I would think each player would have great difficulty defending the other.

BTW, I answered the poll question with Baylor. I think Baylor this year is a better team than Texas and has a better chance to beat UConn, but if UConn is to win the NC, I would prefer they do it against the best possible opposition.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You don't think Joyner Holmes can deal with Brown next year? (I don't mean shut her down; I mean hold her around her average so that the other 4 players on each team decide the outcome.)

It will be interesting to see how Azura Stevens and Brown deal with each other if that match-up occurs in next year's NCAA tournament. That will (or should) resemble a match between a gorilla and a gazelle. I would think each player would have great difficulty defending the other.

BTW, I answered the poll question with Baylor. I think Baylor this year is a better team than Texas and has a better chance to beat UConn, but if UConn is to win the NC, I would prefer they do it against the best possible opposition.

No, I don't think Holmes has a shot at holding down Brown. Brown is just too big and strong for Holmes. And, IMO, Brown has a better shot from mid-range than Holmes. Unless Holmes can get her points in transition or from the perimeter I suspect that she will have a game similar to what she had in the last game, where she went 3-14 from the field.

Reaction Score
I saw the game in person and Joyner Holmes is going to be a star. Kalani Brown is an amazing inside player but Homes can handle the ball like a point on the break. NOT SURE why it's taking so long for Baylor to report on Alexis Jones' Knee

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom