Poll Texas or Baylor | The Boneyard

Poll Texas or Baylor

UConn will Face either Texas or Baylor for National Championship Which Team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If you had your choice who would you like to see UConn face at the F4. Winner of the Game Wins the National Championship. Only posting because of some of posts in the thread about Last night's game:)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I agree with ETT, I prefer to face Texas, I think we would face Baylor.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who you would prefer to Face?

What question are we answering? Who UCONN will face or who you would prefer to face? The poll and the initial post seem to be asking two different questions.

Reaction Score
Does it matter who they face as they win when they make it to the nc game, 11-0 in said games.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'd rather face Florida Coastal. Between these two however Baylor matches up just slightly better against us and I think is the better team, so I'd prefer to play Texas.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Mulkey originally said they thought it was a bone bruise. I am hoping that is the case and not the dreaded ACL injury.
I'm gonna toot my own horn. I distinctly remember telling you before the season started that this was the year Texas finally beats Baylor and I'll be darned if it didn't come close to twice. I just picked Baylor as the better team with a nod toward playing Texas, but they're both close calls. I'm also going repeat what I said to you earlier this year. Go Karen.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm gonna toot my own horn. I distinctly remember telling you before the season started that this was the year Texas finally beats Baylor and I'll be darned if it didn't come close to twice. I just picked Baylor as the better team with a nod toward playing Texas, but they're both close calls. I'm also going repeat what I said to you earlier this year. Go Karen.

I also felt that Texas was getting closer and closer, but I had to see them win a game. This may open the door for more victories over Texas or Monday night may have been the beginning of another 7 year drought. Time will tell, but if Alexis Jones cannot play in the Big 12 tourney it may be tough for Baylor to win if Texas is at full strength. It is hard to lose an AA caliber guard and beat a top 205 team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I also felt that Texas was getting closer and closer, but I had to see them win a game. This may open the door for more victories over Texas or Monday night may have been the beginning of another 7 year drought. Time will tell, but if Alexis Jones cannot play in the Big 12 tourney it may be tough for Baylor to win if Texas is at full strength. It is hard to lose an AA caliber guard and beat a top 205 team.
In the top 205? Wow, Baylor won't fall that far behind without Jones will they?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Man I can't stand to see any player, nonetheless a player I thought was the best or at least second best (with Lindsay Allen) in the country. I hope the MRI results are OK. I know she's had surgery on both knees previously. Man, it just burns me. I've my fingers so crossed and I'm wishing her the best.

Reaction Score
Mulkey originally said they thought it was a bone bruise. I am hoping that is the case and not the dreaded ACL injury.

was just going to come ask you about this, since women's bball coverage outside games is shoddy at best. she's had enough knee nonsense...hopefully just the bruise

Reaction Score
Both Baylor and Texas are good.
I look for Texas to be really be tough next year.
Boothe and Holmes are going to be hard to stop on the floor at the same time.
It took Texas a while to get back in the picture.But you have to give K.Aston credit.
She worked her butt off, getting the player's there.
Keep Working Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
"come close... twice"!

images

Reaction Score
Whoa !!!!!! Are we really discussing the National Championship Game ? We've got a lot of basketball yet to play against a lot of good teams. I don't want to look further than Temple at this point.

It will be interesting to see how we play against a ranked team tonite w out Kia. The bench gets even shorter.

JordyG

Reaction Score
"come close... twice"!

images
Well, they beat them in Waco and should have beat them at home. This is the first year in ages where they've played them this tough twice. That to me qualifies them for a Baker's Dozen.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, they beat them in Waco and should have beat them at home. This is the first year in ages where they've played them this tough twice. That to me qualifies them for a Baker's Dozen.

If they should have beaten them at home they would have. Baylor played most of the game without Alexis Jones and UT still couldn't pull out the win.

JordyG

Reaction Score
If they should have beaten them at home they would have. Baylor played most of the game without Alexis Jones and UT still couldn't pull out the win.
Just like Baylor should have beaten them in Waco with Jones. Baylor still has a much deeper team and should have been able to absorb the loss of Jones. To me Texas deserves all the credit this year, and I credit Aston for putting them through such a tough schedule. Hate to say I told you so. I would love Creme's latest bracket to hold up so that Texas can crush those overrated Washington and MSS teams. On the flip, I sure ain't hatin' on a FF of UConn, Texas, Baylor and USC.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just like Baylor should have beaten them in Waco with Jones. Baylor still has a much deeper team and should have been able to absorb the loss of Jones. To me Texas deserves all the credit this year, and I credit Aston for putting them through such a tough schedule. Hate to say I told you so. I would love Creme's latest bracket to hold up so that Texas can crush those overrated Washington and MSS teams. On the flip, I sure ain't hatin' on a FF of UConn, Texas, Baylor and USC.

Here is my theory. The best team usually wins. Texas was better than Baylor in Waco, so they won. Baylor was better than Texas in Austin, so they won. If Jones is not back until the NCAA tourney, as is the indication at this point, I think Texas will beat Baylor in the Big 12 tourney if they meet, which would probably mean that Baylor will be a 2 seed. That just means that they will have to beat someone in the regional final that they would have to beat in the Final Four.

I have great respect for UT. Aston is doing a wonderful job with that program and it will only get better next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom