Penn State Beaver Stadium Tunnel Club | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Penn State Beaver Stadium Tunnel Club

Reaction Score
The town of Mansfield Storrs didn't want it, so I doubt they would want a bigger stadium now. Traffic would be horrendous because of the two lane highways around the town.

Also, what would we do with the Rent? Tear it down?
Keep Route 195 to local traffic only when FB games are played. Put the stadium on/near Discovery Drive so traffic heads to Route 44. Central CT takes over Rent. It is a close drive to that campus. I would point out Yale has 70,000 seat stadium which doesn't get filled up. But they don't tear it down. The locals didn't want the downtown Storrs development either but guess who is eating at those restaurants and shopping at those stores: Mansfield residents.

Reaction Score
Nothing is free, but it doesn't seem exorbitant for people who prefer indoors and AC. As mentioned above, I also prefer the tailgating experience.
Me too..I was at in the box the last time USF and UConn played football in Tampa. Nice, but I'd rather be with die hard fans than people who are there for to be on display, who might not be fans.

Reaction Score
Because other more neutral groups will throw up reasons not to do it. "Oh we don't want people to see, x, y, z" concert performers, this or that. Reasons will be made.
Wish we had the thumb down button..

Reaction Score
Wish we had the thumb down button..

I'm sorry about being correct. That will be the justification. It'll be more that "so and so doesn't want to be seen" and things like that. Otherwise this is a no-brainer.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I've been to Beaver Stadium well over 150X in my lifetime and I can tell you that access to the club bathrooms might be worth the 10K alone LOL. Beaver Stadium bathrooms are a different type of experience.
You don't like pissing into a trough?? Lol!

I've also been there many times and I've always felt dirty coming out of there. I started going to games when I was 7-8 so imagine this being my introduction to bathrooms at major stadiums. :confused:

Reaction Score
You don't like pissing into a trough?? Lol!

I've also been there many times and I've always felt dirty coming out of there. I started going to games when I was 7-8 so imagine this being my introduction to bathrooms at major stadiums. :confused:
You were most definitely standing in something, so at the very least your shoes were "blessed." As for the toughs, it's not my aim that I'm worried about. More the guy who just polished off 20 Yuengling Lagers at the tailgate standing next to me LOL.

Reaction Score
And an open bar and bathrooms with less piss on toilet seats and the floor.
Lol the bathrooms at beaver stadium are literally a room with a giant trough. You watch everyone else’s urine flow past you as you add to the stream.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lol the bathrooms at beaver stadium are literally a room with a giant trough. You watch everyone else’s urine flow past you as you add to the stream.
Luxury! What we would have given for a trough. When we went to Yale games all we had was a sheet of plywood and some stones. And we were happy to have that!

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks 10k/year membership is not cool at all?
Why though? The school gets to make money utilizing a space that before went essentially unused, and fans/businesses get to purchase a neat experience for themselves or their clients.

Reaction Score
Why though? The school gets to make money utilizing a space that before went essentially unused, and fans/businesses get to purchase a neat experience for themselves or their clients.
It's pricing the average fans out of the unique experience. That's the problem. I'm not going to throw 10k down on something that I can experience 6-7 times a year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's pricing the average fans out of the unique experience. That's the problem. I'm not going to throw 10k down on something that I can experience 6-7 times a year.
Do luxury boxes not do the same thing?

These perks come at a cost. They never were and never will be designed for the average fan who is living anywhere from barely making ends meet to slightly above paycheck to paycheck.

These are for fans who have sufficient excess funds that they can blow it on something like this without worrying about the price. Sadly, one of the benefits in there eyes is that it puts them where the general public can't reach.

Reaction Score

These perks come at a cost. They never were and never will be designed for the average fan who is living anywhere from barely making ends meet to slightly above paycheck to paycheck.

These are for fans who have sufficient excess funds that they can blow it on something like this without worrying about the price. Sadly, one of the benefits in there eyes is that it puts them where the general public can't reach.
Fair enough. I never actually looked at prices for luxury boxes so I'm not sure ig they're that expensive. I'm guessing so.

Reaction Score

and as long as these people exist, taking their money is in the interest of the program.

I'm egalitarian at heart. I don't like people being priced out, but at some level that's the way it goes and if you can make a cool penny to get people special access to see the team walk onto the field in a bar lounge, hell yes I'm doing it. That is to say getting the money. You'll find me in the stands per the usual unless the powerball gods shine upon me.

Reaction Score
You can say that about almost any high priced but non-essential thing. First class airline tickets, 5* hotels, gourmet restaurants, front row concert tickets, all are priced outside the means of the average consumer.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
and as long as these people exist, taking their money is in the interest of the program.

I'm egalitarian at heart. I don't like people being priced out, but at some level that's the way it goes and if you can make a cool penny to get people special access to see the team walk onto the field in a bar lounge, hell yes I'm doing it. That is to say getting the money. You'll find me in the stands per the usual unless the powerball gods shine upon me.
At a place like Penn St, where they can fit 100k+ people I have no issue with something like this. Where I have a problem is when they build a new stadium (this has been going on in baseball recently) at 60% or so capacity of its predecessor stadium with a number of luxury suites. They are jobbing supply/demand by intentionally reducing supply.

If there are opportunities for all levels, fine. If they are squeezing out parts of the general public, that's just wrong.

Reaction Score
The whole point is to price the average fan out of the experience. People who can afford it are more than happy to pay probably even more to gain that "exclusivity" and mingle with other similar people. At a certain point, being expensive is a beneficial feature to the target audience, not a drawback.

Reaction Score

Spot on FfldCty....premium experience for the well to do, and/or a great perk for a company to offer to a highly sought after prospective client who might be on the fence.

Reaction Score
Spot on FfldCty....premium experience for the well to do, and/or a great perk for a company to offer to a highly sought after prospective client who might be on the fence.
My assumption is that most of the space will be bought up by local businesses as a means to schmooze clients. The balance will be purchased by various high-end boosters attracted to the exclusivity of the club. I just like to see progressive thinking coming out of our AD. They'll turn a tidy profit using space that was otherwise unused.

Reaction Score
The whole point is to price the average fan out of the experience. People who can afford it are more than happy to pay probably even more to gain that "exclusivity" and mingle with other similar people. At a certain point, being expensive is a beneficial feature to the target audience, not a drawback.
The point is never that. That is what happens but they aren't designing it with the mind of screwing the little guy.

They don't put on their evil little hats and do an evil dance. They want to squeeze money out of people. That is the consequence but it is not the goal.

Reaction Score
At a place like Penn St, where they can fit 100k+ people I have no issue with something like this. Where I have a problem is when they build a new stadium (this has been going on in baseball recently) at 60% or so capacity of its predecessor stadium with a number of luxury suites. They are jobbing supply/demand by intentionally reducing supply.

If there are opportunities for all levels, fine. If they are squeezing out parts of the general public, that's just wrong.
similar to the Toscano Family Ice Forum

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
similar to the Toscano Family Ice Forum
I caught someone whining about getting tickets there last month. Turns out he didn't even try. I bought tickets a la carte.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom