Penn State Beaver Stadium Tunnel Club | The Boneyard

Penn State Beaver Stadium Tunnel Club

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

How cool is this? UConn’s premium seating selection is basically non-existent and even if it was here we wouldn’t get any revenue for it.

Yet another reason to bring our sports back to campus in university owned facilities

Reaction Score

How cool is this? UConn’s premium seating selection is basically non-existent and even if it was here we wouldn’t get any revenue for it.

Yet another reason to bring our sports back to campus in university owned facilities

Just another reason to place a state-of-the-art stadium on the Storrs campus. Sell bonds to fund it.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
When I got a tour of Michigan Stadium back in 2009, the major $1m+ donors parking lot was right at the entrance gate for the players. It looked like a lucious garden from the grass to the trees to the flowers. Every school has these opportunities to raise revenue.

If Gampel were rebuilt, or the XL or the Rent was refurbished, UConn could do these type of things as well. How many of us would even pay for a one time event that was memorable like this?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

You just like it when they say Beaver Tunnel.

Reaction Score
We could do a Route 44/384 Tunnel.

gun hd GIF

Reaction Score
So they are charging 10k for secure wifi and dinner?
Looks like you get 4 passes for each event, all the home games, they throw events at away games too that you will have access to. So that turns out to be $200 to $250 a person per game for free booze, free food, nice bathrooms, and some "exclusivity" in getting to see the players run out etc. Not a crazy price to pay. Beers are $10-12 bucks and I am assuming the food is nicer than the stadium and you could consume a good portion of the ticket price pretty easy.

Reaction Score
That is the difference between B10 money and Big East money.

Reaction Score
Looks like you get 4 passes for each event, all the home games, they throw events at away games too that you will have access to. So that turns out to be $200 to $250 a person per game for free booze, free food, nice bathrooms, and some "exclusivity" in getting to see the players run out etc. Not a crazy price to pay. Beers are $10-12 bucks and I am assuming the food is nicer than the stadium and you could consume a good portion of the ticket price pretty easy.
Nothing is free, but it doesn't seem exorbitant for people who prefer indoors and AC. As mentioned above, I also prefer the tailgating experience.

Reaction Score
Are the tickets included? I was under the impression this was in addition to the ticket price and any donation fee.

Reaction Score
Didn't the ny rangers do something like this 15 years ago. Either way it's a good idea but I agree with others. Need to own the venue to do it, sadly, but it's a nice feature for some schools.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So they are charging 10k for secure wifi and dinner?
And windows to watch the team go out onto the field.

Reaction Score
Are the tickets included? I was under the impression this was in addition to the ticket price and any donation fee.
I don't believe so. It's basically like an Airport Lounge for preferred members. You get a bar, bathrooms, Wi-Fi, and snacks while you wait for your flight, or in this case for the game to start. The added bonus is getting to see the team run out of the tunnel from inside the stadium which admittedly is pretty cool.

I've been to Beaver Stadium well over 150X in my lifetime and I can tell you that access to the club bathrooms might be worth the 10K alone LOL. Beaver Stadium bathrooms are a different type of experience. One of patience and aim...

Personally, this is a no harm no foul situation in my opinion. Supporters get to purchase an "experience" and the school raises money utilizing space that was before unused. I've never been to Gampel, but I'd imagine some fans would pay good money for a similar type of experience. I fully expect to see copies of this pop-up all-over college stadiums at places like OSU, Bama, Texas, LSU etc.

Reaction Score
I don't believe so. It's basically like an Airport Lounge for preferred members. You get a bar, bathrooms, Wi-Fi, and snacks while you wait for your flight, or in this case for the game to start. The added bonus is getting to see the team run out of the tunnel from inside the stadium which admittedly is pretty cool.

I've been to Beaver Stadium well over 150X in my lifetime and I can tell you that access to the club bathrooms might be worth the 10K alone LOL. Beaver Stadium bathrooms are a different type of experience. One of patience and aim...

Personally, this is a no harm no foul situation in my opinion. Supporters get to purchase an "experience" and the school raises money utilizing space that was before unused. I've never been to Gampel, but I'd imagine some fans would pay good money for a similar type of experience. I fully expect to see copies of this pop-up all-over college stadiums at places like OSU, Bama, Texas, LSU etc.
Nothing like getting jostled around while aiming your relief gun. lol

I'm all for people spending money as they choose. I have no problem with what they are doing. I was just making an observation in my original remark and then thinking a little further with that last post.

I could see Nebraska charging for their tunnel walk experience if they don't already.

Reaction Score
Just another reason to place a state-of-the-art stadium on the Storrs campus. Sell bonds to fund it.
The town of Mansfield Storrs didn't want it, so I doubt they would want a bigger stadium now. Traffic would be horrendous because of the two lane highways around the town.

Also, what would we do with the Rent? Tear it down?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom