• 2:1 Jelly

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Straight Jelly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I use a 2:1 PB. Put PB on both slices of bread to prevent jelly from saturating the bread.

And dibs on an ruining this thread over artisanal PB's and Jellies.

Double dibs on first who brags about canning their own jellies.

I'm a Smuckers all natural creamy PB and a Smuckers jelly kind of guy.

Well I'm calling dibs on brioche.

Reaction Score
Don't really like peanut butter on bread and never really liked the PB&J combo, peanut butter on a slice of good bread with honey is pretty good though. Love pb on it's own and the best will always be chunky peanut butter on celery. Peanut butter mixed with vanilla bean ice cream is also awesome. Always gotta be chunky.

Reaction Score
I use a lot of peanut butter, the new organic stuff has ruined skippy, jiff and even peter pan for me. Red Raspberry smuckers is the best jelly imo.
Biggest issue for me with it being healthy is PB&J tastes MUCH better on white bread vs wheat - you can make some of this back by having open faced on wheat.

Reaction Score
I use a lot of peanut butter, the new organic stuff has ruined skippy, jiff and even peter pan for me. Red Raspberry smuckers is the best jelly imo.
Biggest issue for me with it being healthy is PB&J tastes MUCH better on white bread vs wheat - you can make some of this back by having open faced on wheat.
You can keep your liquidy organic junk. Give me those sweet sweet chemicals!

Reaction Score
Crunchy PB here. Sometimes with jelly and sometimes just the PB.
Always on whole wheat.
But I have given up bread this year and just spread PB on salted pretzel sticks for a quick snack.
PBnJ is huge in the NBA nutrition camps as a snack. Last year I read that Durant would eat two for a snack, but the new Celtic center Kanter will eat up to seven in a day. Either he loves them or some more fake news that I fell for.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My wife hasn’t brought real PB into the house in years but she still calls whatever the flavor of the week is PB. Hazelnut, almond, cashew, whatever she still calls it PB. Drives me crazy.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Crunchy PB here. Sometimes with jelly and sometimes just the PB.
Always on whole wheat.
But I have given up bread this year and just spread PB on salted pretzel sticks for a quick snack.
PBnJ is huge in the NBA nutrition camps as a snack. Last year I read that Durant would eat two for a snack, but the new Celtic center Kanter will eat up to seven in a day. Either he loves them or some more fake news that I fell for.

Kevin Garnett brought them back in year 1 with the Celtics. There’s an actual article about it. Lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Kevin Garnett brought them back in year 1 with the Celtics. There’s an actual article about it. Lol

My buddies used to love to joke about KG kicking Rondo’s ass for messing up his PBJ.

Reaction Score
Is this real life? Cheese and peanut butter?
It's especially good if you're stoned. But it's really not outlandish. Have you never eaten these before?
Screenshot_20190801-150445.png

Reaction Score
I actually much prefer pb&j on wheat.

Reaction Score
Use two seperate butter knives to spread. Use cashew butter instead of peanut butter. I'll try various jelly's, blueberry, fig as well as traditional grape, and lightly toast the bread, it will spread better

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Was with you and Elvis when you said banana, and then complete and utterly lost me when you decided to throw in cheese outta left field.
I've always been curious about the King's fried PB and B sandwiches. Not sure how he made them, but I did PB on both sides B in the middle then cooked it up like a grilled cheese (butter on outside and grilled). I have to say it was surprisingly good, definitely filling. Never made it again though.

Reaction Score
1:1 on fresh bread but throw it on the grill and I'll crush it as well

Reaction Score
It's the off-season, so yes I'm naturally creating a thread about the classic PB&J. Only doing this because my roommate yesterday made himself a "snack" and it turned out to be a straight jelly sandwich. That's it. With peanut butter in the cabinet, made the conscience decision to make a pure jelly sandwich. This is almost as bad as ordering a steak "well done." Naturally, I assumed he's a psychopath and needed to make this poll to prove something. How do you like your PB&J? The obvious answer, is a 2:1 peanut butter to jelly ratio. It's the perfect match. If anyone else says straight jelly I would ask the mods to keep an eye out for them. Also yes it's been a slow afternoon at work for me.
That dude must be a sicko. Who eats a straight jelly sandwich? Does he live/ work in the basement with the lights off? I would run!

Reaction Score
Worked with a guy who would have a peanut butter and butter sandwich everyday for lunch. Yes that's correct.. he would lather both pieces of bread with butter and then peanut butter in the middle.

He also drank a gallon of milk a day. Smoked a pack of philly cigars a day and drink a pint of Yukon Jack daily. Somehow he is in perfect health at 66 years old and been doing this everyday for at least the past 20 years.

Reaction Score
Forget the jelly. It's all about Peanut Butter and Banana. And throw a slice of cheese on it for good measure.
Those are good as well but the PB needs to be the natural oily stuff. None of that cheap PB for me

Reaction Score
Crunchy, natural, 2:1 ratio

For those who don't like natural PB because of the liquid on top, I've found that storing the jar upside down fixes this. Serious, and has never leaked once (since the liquid goes up).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Worked with a guy who would have a peanut butter and butter sandwich everyday for lunch. Yes that's correct.. he would lather both pieces of bread with butter and then peanut butter in the middle.

He also drank a gallon of milk a day. Smoked a pack of philly cigars a day and drink a pint of Yukon Jack daily. Somehow he is in perfect health at 66 years old and been doing this everyday for at least the past 20 years.
A girl in my class in elementary school had butter sandwiches for lunch every day. Yep, just butter and bread, cold. Like a 1/4" thick of butter. I haven't seen or heard of her since, but I still remember her name because of those frigging gross sandwiches she used to eat.

Reaction Score
I believe the only addiction I have is to PB - smooth or crunchy, natural or loaded with any preservative, any brand, I'll eat it if it's PB.

3 favorites:

PB and a spoon eat it right out of the jar; or

PB and butter on white bread; and

Two slices buttered white toast with PB and bacon in between- healthiest breakfast in the world.

Reaction Score
Crunchy, natural, 2:1 ratio

For those who don't like natural PB because of the liquid on top, I've found that storing the jar upside down fixes this. Serious, and has never leaked once (since the liquid goes up).
I usually just stir it like crazy and then keep it in the fridge. It's harder to spread but I only really use PB on toasted bagels or with crackers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom