• 2:1 Jelly

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Straight Jelly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
On the road, working second shift and only 45 min for dinner ( employees contract, not my preference).

Leaving, getting dinner and getting back is not an option.

So, PB&J is perfect to build up at hotel and stuff in a back pack.

IMG_20190805_224223329~2.jpg

Reaction Score
I was going to suggest buying yourself a jar as an alternative to the temptation. On 2nd thought it'd be more entertaining if you try to fight it, succumb to your cravings and then have to buy replacement jars. Please videotape your attempts to reseal!
View attachment 45361
Thanks for the assistance but I think she’s working on a PB Breathalyzer. On the other hand it’s easier to seek forgiveness than permission...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not a lot of talk about jelly flavor. Strawberry >>>>>>>>>> Grape.

I’m more of a 1.5:1 PB:J guy, but I voted 2:1.

Reaction Score
Not a lot of talk about jelly flavor. Strawberry >>>>>>>>>> Grape.

I’m more of a 1.5:1 PB:J guy, but I voted 2:1.

Grape a must not a fan of any other.

Bread is so important too, that PFarms butter bread that Chin has up there is excellent. And Deep talked about a different sandwich but the "potato bread" which is also a fav with PBJ, Martins is really good bread!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Grape a must not a fan of any other.

Bread is so important too, that PFarms butter bread that Chin has up there is excellent. And Deep talked about a different sandwich but the "potato bread" which is also a fav with PBJ, Martins is really good bread!

Length of time between prep and consumption brings in or eliminates bread types.

I know the Pepperidge Farms holds up well if there's a few hours between making and eating. That's why it's great to shove in golf bag for a mid-round pick me up.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is the time of year I crush a bunch of my favorite sandwiches. Fresh tomato and mayo on potato bread. I'll probably do 2 a day for the next few weeks.
I responded that I haven’t had a mayonnaise and tomato sandwich in quite some time. Technically that’s true. However I actually do have it frequently with additions. For instance today I had two open face mayonnaise and tomato sandwiches on Public’s 12 grain bread with Boars Head pastrami seasoned turkey breast, Boars Head Genoa salami and Boars Head horseradish cheddar. Normally I’ll only have Boars Head EverRoast turkey with the mayonnaise and tomato to eliminate salt.

A junk salad ( Organic Girls spring salad greens, chick peas, red grapes, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, black olives, fresh parsley) in a large bowl and a glass of water rounded out the meal. For desert I had Roots roasted red bell pepper hummus (local company no preservatives) and cherries.

Dang. Wrote this and made myself hungry again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Grinding you say?

olde_tyme_nut_butter_maker_machine_red_560h_4.jpg

I switched from Skippy to Teddie natural. Then my wife got the fresh ground stuff at Big Y, which is (a) better than Teddie and (b) comes in a deli container with a wide opening, so you can actually get to the bottom 1/3 of the container. So much less aggravating.

As for jelly, grocery store jelly and jam sucks. My sister made some awesome bourbon peach jam that was good and which had very little sugar. The wild Maine blueberry with some other booze was also good. Jam with booze and almost no sugar for the win.

Edit: I don't really eat PBJ anymore. But I do love that PB on my FiberOne English Muffins. Sometimes one PB and the other jam, butter or honey.

Reaction Score
I just plain don't, as I had so much of that in grammar school I cannot stand either the sight or smell of it!

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fellow nut butter fans, check this stuff out. I bought a different jar for each member of the family as a stocking stuffer; each one is excellent, and the recipes are great as well. Huge hit:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fellow nut butter fans, check this stuff out. I bought a different jar for each member of the family as a stocking stuffer; each one is excellent, and the recipes are great as well. Huge hit:

If that spicy Thai tastes anything like hot boiled peanuts, that would be incredible.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I wouldn't waste time firing up the grill, but doing it on a skillet, flat top or griddle? yeah, they are phenomenal. Did we discuss adding Fluffanutter to this combo when warming it up? Even better.

It's a pellet grill though - pull out, plug in, turn on.

Fluffernutter sounds outrageous warm though - may need to try both this weekend.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't waste time firing up the grill, but doing it on a skillet, flat top or griddle? yeah, they are phenomenal. Did we discuss adding Fluffanutter to this combo when warming it up? Even better.

Yeah, I think of "grilled" like "grilled cheese", so more skillet or panini machine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom