OT: - Paying It Forward | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Paying It Forward

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Projection Alert!
Lol, whoops guess I touched a nerve. So, just curious, did you buy a coffee for the people behind you or did you just take the coffee and run?

CL82

Reaction Score
A9C71D94-E5F9-41C4-BD9A-5FAEED9628DA.png

TL;DR:
He took the bagel and ran.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
View attachment 72102

TL;DR:
He took the bagel and ran.
Again, the point is not immediate reciprocity to someone else.

It’s just karma.

He apparently made some deposits in the karma box at some points prior, and now it has come back around to him. That’s it. And it made him happy for a moment, as his prior acts presumably did for others.

Sounds like it’s the people who think they need to make an immediate and equal gesture to the person behind them are the ones gumming up the works for the people working the drive-throughs.

CL82

Reaction Score
Again, the point is not immediate reciprocity to someone else.

It’s just karma.

He apparently made some deposits in the karma box at some points prior, and now it has come back around to him. That’s it. And it made him happy for a moment, as his prior acts presumably did for others.

Sounds like it’s the people who think they need to make an immediate and equal gesture to the person behind them are the ones gumming up the works for the people working the drive-throughs.
Not sure why you are white knighting for him, as I’m sure he’s fine on his own, but I thought his whole “projection“ comment was mildly funny, since he admitted to taking the bagel and running a few posts earlier.

Reaction Score
A few years ago we were driving our son to a baseball tournament up in Tulsa. We were approaching a toll and there was a big merge right before the toll and traffic was stop and go. This guy in a huge truck, stereotypical looking vehicle, pulls out and cuts me off nearly causing an accident. I am really mad and we are all talking about what a jerk the guy was but I didn’t lay on the horn or anything since we were totally boxed in and I didn’t want the guy jumping out with a gun or anything (hey, it’s rural Oklahoma so it would not have been a surprise). We get up to the toll and are informed that he paid the toll for us. I guess our snap judgement was wrong.
Wrong in more ways than one.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing it is because economically it is a net nothing for most people. Essentially, the only person who has an economic cost is the first person to buy the coffee for the person behind them and the only people person who benefits are the @Waquoits of the world who take the coffee and walk away without buying for the person behind them, likely muttering “suckers.”
Or muttering, "why didn't I order the special?"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not sure why you are white knighting for him, as I’m sure he’s fine on his own, but I thought his whole “projection“ comment was mildly funny, since he admitted to taking the bagel and running a few posts earlier.
Why did you ask the question when the answer was already posted? I say bad faith by you.

CL82

Reaction Score
Why did you ask the question when the answer was already posted? I say bad faith by you.
To gently point out that when you said “Projection Alert” you were trying to deflect from the fact that had already said you took the coffee and ran.

I guess I understand it. You were being cheap and you were embarrassed about admitting it. Really, at this point you, should just own it and laugh it off. You seemed proud of it initially.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To gently point out that when you said “Projection Alert” you were trying to deflect from the fact that had already said you took the coffee and ran.

I guess I understand it. You were being cheap and you were embarrassed about admitting it. Really, at this point you, should just own it and laugh it off. You seemed proud of it initially.
You were repeating snark already written and responded to in a feel good thread for what? To bust balls? You clearly have no understanding of the concept "Pay It Forward." You have it mistaken with the middle position of "The Human Centipede."

Reaction Score
I'd pay it forward by giving someone of former glamour fame who is having a bad day and shouting at me for not wearing a mask, a pass. But she would have to apologize nicely.

paying it forward in a coffee line, meh. You have a whole slew of people feeling good about themselves for breaking even. Everything in life can be explained by Seinfeld.

CL82

Reaction Score
You were repeating snark already written and responded to in a feel good thread for what? To bust balls? You clearly have no understanding of the concept "Pay It Forward." You have it mistaken with the middle position of "The Human Centipede."
“Projection alert?“

You took the coffee and laughed about it, but now you’re saying other people don’t understand the concept of “pay it forward?” Okay then.

Seriously though, I had no idea you get all melty on this. I thought I was riffing on a joke you already made. I’m not sure why you’re so upset about it now. In the moment you came to the conclusion “hey screw everybody else I’m taking my coffee and running” and made a victory lap post about it. I don’t think you’re really upset with me as much as disappointed in yourself. That’s understandable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Get called for being a jerk, say it's a "joke", insult subject again saying they "can't take a joke', rinse, repeat...

CL82

Reaction Score
Get called for being a jerk, say it's a "joke", insult subject again saying they "can't take a joke', rinse, repeat...
Lol at not using the reply function. It’s a pretty telltale sign that someone’s not confident in their opinion.

You know the kind of guy. He’s be the guy who wouldn’t “pay forward” a free coffee, brag about it and then whine that he’s the victim. SMH… that’s a heck of a way to go through life, but whatever works for you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom