Paige Comeback | The Boneyard

Paige Comeback

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Always nice to see the best player in WCBB back on the court. The full length compression sleeve she’s wearing on her left leg may be something she wears all season long. It provides a real sense of security after a severe knee injury.

I wear a more abbreviated compression sleeve on my left knee when hiking, working around the yard, etc. At first, it feels a bit awkward and restrictive. But after awhile, you don’t even notice that you’re wearing it.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
oldude, the sleeve may give a sense of security, but I would feel a lot better if she was wearing a knee brace. I pray she makes a full season without further injury,

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
oldude, the sleeve may give a sense of security, but I would feel a lot better if she was wearing a knee brace. I pray she makes a full season without further injury,
I have worn both, and there’s not a lot of difference between them. They both provide an extra measure of stability for your knee.

As far as the risk of further injury is concerned, there are no guarantees. But if the medical staff has done there job and Paige has done her job rehabbing the knee, then there is a very good probability that we are all going to see a very special season from Paige & UConn this coming season.

Reaction Score
I have worn both, and there’s not a lot of difference between them. They both provide an extra measure of stability for your knee.

As far as the risk of further injury is concerned, there are no guarantees. But if the medical staff has done there job and Paige has done her job rehabbing the knee, then there is a very good probability that we are all going to see a very special season from Paige & UConn this coming season.
Ok, now you guys have me worried again. When I watch Paige play (in previous seasons) one of her advantages is she pre-positions her feet for a quick shot or pass or cut. But this may mean she's making extreme flexibility demands on her joints. Maybe she limit herself to only running in straight lines.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ok, now you guys have me worried again. When I watch Paige play (in previous seasons) one of her advantages is she pre-positions her feet for a quick shot or pass or cut. But this may mean she's making extreme flexibility demands on her joints. Maybe she limit herself to only running in straight lines.
You can spend a lot of energy worrying about things that might happen, or may never happen. I choose to be optimistic.

Reaction Score
The knee braces are designed to support and restrict certain movements in an injured knee. Once full strength and complete range of motion are attained through various testing, a player no longer has an injured knee. The chances of injuring or reinjuring that knee are the same as before it was injured. About 5% for all sports other than skiing. Maintaining strength in the surrounding muscle groups without the aid of a brace is what most doctors and therapists recommend.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
OK, so let me get this straight.............we now have to keep our fingers crossed about UConn WBB injuries starting today through April of '24? .............Yikes!! :eek::oops::);)

You can uncross your fingers if necessary to log onto the Boneyard - but only if you hold your breath while scrolling through the thread titles.

Quite sure I am not the only one.

I didn`t think I signed up for this when I went all in on this team circa 2015, but (as Geno would say), "it is what it is".

Reaction Score
You can uncross your fingers if necessary to log onto the Boneyard - but only if you hold your breath while scrolling through the thread titles.

Quite sure I am not the only one.

I didn`t think I signed up for this when I went all in on this team circa 2015, but (as Geno would say), "it is what it is".
thumb and pointing finger does the trick even when crossed.......

Reaction Score

Both the sleeve and a full knee brace offer only a limited amount of protection, according to orthopedists. The brace may prevent an injury when the knee absorbs major contact by another player, but it will not prevent a non-contact ACL injury, which is the most common type.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Both the sleeve and a full knee brace offer only a limited amount of protection, according to orthopedists. The brace may prevent an injury when the knee absorbs major contact by another player, but it will not prevent a non-contact ACL injury, which is the most common type.
Some feel the full brace helps to reduce miniscus tears. But some feel the brace increases the incidence of ankle injuries by reducing the lateral motion of the leg.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom