Paige Comeback | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige Comeback

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We all hope Paige comes back as good and as strong as ever. We all desire and injury free season.

And I have my concerns. ACL is major major surgery. Recovering can take up to 18 months or more. As we know from others, there is no guarantee. The knee is never the same after surgery.

I wear a sleeve on my right knee. It works well. The knee has had two surgeries as has my left knee. I do have a sleeve for the left knee too. Now, I'm a few decades older than Paige, and my most strenuous activity is riding my bike 6 to 10 miles as often as my schedule allows. My point is, once there is knee surgery the knee is never the same. The surgery plus rehab brings you back, but there will always be a difference in the way you can move.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It will be interesting on several fronts to see a mature Paige Madison Bueckers who will turn 22 in October. She’ll be a coach on the floor. Heaven help WCBB if Bueckers is able to recapture the shooting stroke she possessed as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Always nice to see the best player in WCBB back on the court. The full length compression sleeve she’s wearing on her left leg may be something she wears all season long. It provides a real sense of security after a severe knee injury.

I wear a more abbreviated compression sleeve on my left knee when hiking, working around the yard, etc. At first, it feels a bit awkward and restrictive. But after awhile, you don’t even notice that you’re wearing it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Some of us are praying quietly for an injury free Husky WBB season!
And some of us are praying out loud!!! :rolleyes: After what we've had to endure the past two years, I'd like for this coming season to be injury free ALL YEAR for our entire team just to see what we can do when we don't have one hand tied behind our backs. It's about time the basketball Gods smiled on our program for a change. I think it's fair to say we've paid our dues. Give us a break already. I think THIS is our year........it's time.

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
And some of us are praying out loud!!! :rolleyes: After what we've had to endure the past two years, I'd like for this coming season to be injury free ALL YEAR for our entire team just to see what we can do when we don't have one hand tied behind our backs. It's about time the basketball Gods smiled on our program for a change. I think it's fair to say we've paid our dues. Give us a break already. I think THIS is our year........it's time.
Don't forget the amen.

Reaction Score
Unlike some of our followers, the conditioning that Paige and other super serious athletes do actually strengthens the knee. Plus the fact you can't expect it to heal completely with a brace on it. The joint has to get the scar tissue out, usually by working it out or they might have to go back in and clean it out.
If she needed the brace, she would still have it on.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
We all hope Paige comes back as good and as strong as ever. We all desire and injury free season.

And I have my concerns. ACL is major major surgery. Recovering can take up to 18 months or more. As we know from others, there is no guarantee. The knee is never the same after surgery.

I wear a sleeve on my right knee. It works well. The knee has had two surgeries as has my left knee. I do have a sleeve for the left knee too. Now, I'm a few decades older than Paige, and my most strenuous activity is riding my bike 6 to 10 miles as often as my schedule allows. My point is, once there is knee surgery the knee is never the same. The surgery plus rehab brings you back, but there will always be a difference in the way you can move.

The assertion that the knee will "never be the same" is a canard. If the surgeon puts the knee together properly and the subject is diligent on keeping the thigh muscles in shape, the knee will work as well as it ever did.

My surgeon was the surgeon for the Phoenix indorr soccer league. He told me half the team had unreconstructed ACL tears because they couldn't afford to lose a season recuperating. If the knee works well under heavy use in professional soccer without ACL repair, why can't it be as good as new with repair?

Mine is, and I even have some meniscus damage.

Reaction Score
I will be offering my summer prayers at the altar of the BBQ grill in my backyard as I rant about the Huskies to any of my neighbors who will listen. There may be libations offered as well.

Reaction Score

The biggest part of recovery is trusting that you’re ok.

Reaction Score
In another time she would have been burned at the stake because shooting like that would be seen as conspiring with the devil. :rolleyes:

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
Oh dear… The full leg sleeve is not for stabilizing the knee.

Reaction Score
Oh dear… The full leg sleeve is not for stabilizing the knee.
Im a sucker for basketball accessories. I think she's just wearing it to look cool. I think it's a cool look.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom