Paige breaks down KK’s game (you’ve got see this) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Paige breaks down KK’s game (you’ve got see this)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DT wanted to wear #1 at Uconn, and Geno said an emphatic NO - it is a team game and we don't have a #1.

Exactly! #0 is dumb, and #1 draws attention to the individual. It's a team game.

Geno suggested #3 to Diana. She asked why. He said that Babe Ruth wore it, and she could be the Babe Ruth of women basketball if she listened to him.

sun

Reaction Score
Exactly! #0 is dumb, and #1 draws attention to the individual. It's a team game.
Some athletes can be superstitious, just as some coaches can also be.

Some players that wore #1 this past year included Zia Cooke - Scar, Dana Mabrey - Notre Dame, Sara Puckett - Tennessee & Kiki Rice - UCLA.

Too bad that Paige wasn't allowed to wear #1 since she wore it in high school.
On the other hand Diana wore #23 in high school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
KK would have been of enormous impact if she played against Ohio State where we could not get the ball over halfcourt because our guards were too meek and mild and simply not aggressive enough for the task at hand. KK has the ego drive that will be a major key to her success.
For anyone to say Nika and Azzi are mild or meek is simply silly. Then to insinuate a high school senior would have done a better job, forgive me but simply silly. O state was the better team on this evening and them 22 for 30 from the line and UConn 7 for 15 had nothing to do with getting the ball over half court.
I'll add no giffs or smilies, just my opinion and no attack to a fellow fan.

Reaction Score
Enjoyed watching her get to the basket. Finally a point guard who looks like an SC point guard.

Reaction Score
DT wanted to wear #1 at Uconn, and Geno said an emphatic NO - it is a team game and we don't have a #1.

She first wanted to wear 00.

This was a discussion here, back in 2015, LINK HERE (Credit to DobbsRover2)

"From Geno's book "In Pursuit of Perfection"

When freshman Diana Taurasi asked him if she could wear No. 00 at UConn: "I ask Diana what number she wants to wear and she says 00. I tell her, you want to wear 00? Then you're an idiot. Nobody wears 00 in college. That's just a way of drawing attention to yourself. Pick a real number. "Then she thinks about it and says, 'I'll wear No. 1.' Now I'm getting upset. Nobody is wearing No. 1 here. You haven't done enough to earn the right to wear No. 1. Now she's ticked off. She's giving me some song and dance about why she's good enough for it and I'm not budging. "I tell her, 'Look at No. 3.' She asks why and I say because if you do this right, if you do what I tell you to do, then you are going to be the Babe Ruth of women's basketball.'""

Reaction Score
Paige had exceptional court vision and was a great shooter when she arrived at UConn. Geno realized she was the best shooter by far he had on the team and started to use her as his 2 guard. She was great at coming off screens for her shot or making great passes on the roll. Geno had to teach Paige to let herself be great and step up in the moment.

KK will get some minutes and Geno will coach her up for the role he thinks will help the team win. He likes layups and 3 point shooters. Who doesn't. If she can penetrate and create shots for others and hit the three and play tough defense she will get on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom