PAC 12 WBB News | Page 16 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So 38 miles away at CAL it is business as usual? Too bad for the home team
It remains to be seen whether this directive comes from Stanford or Santa Clara County AFAIK.

Reaction Score
Updated to include Bracketology released today.

1641592042881.png

Full history can be found in 2021-22 Creme Bracketology google sheet.

Reaction Score
Glad to see three Friday night PAC games were played

Colorado takes a step closer to the tourney. A win over USC is always a good thing.

Wazzu with a brutal stretch, Stanford then Arizona back to back. Ouch.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Colorado takes a step closer to the tourney. A win over USC is always a good thing.
Colorado has only played 3 top-100 opponents, and none of them currently project as NCAAT teams. The other nine games they won might as well have been canceled because they're just fluff, completely worthless resume-wise. Not to mention that their schedule thus far has been extremely home-heavy.

I don't think I have ever seen a team get to the second week of January undefeated on such a limp, soggy schedule.

Having said that, Colorado should make the tournament. They were a WNIT team last year and and they returned everybody.

Reaction Score
Nice to see the Ducks play like the Ducks. I had a suspicion that Graves might go with this type of lineup in league. Essentially 4 guards and Sabally. Scherr at point, Paopao and Rogers creating at 2 and 3. Parrish knocking down the 3 (7-9). It may continue with Prince coming off the bench. Add in strong reserves who have had good floor time while the Big 3 have been healing. Look out Pac12

Reaction Score
Three home games coming up… the Arizonas and UConn. Time to climb back into the tourney discussion.

Reaction Score
Three home games coming up… the Arizonas and UConn. Time to climb back into the tourney discussion.
After watching Arizona get waxed by USC Trojans, there is no question that UO is 2nd best team (at this moment) in PAC-12. Amazing that Colorado is the only undefeated team in the county! Congrats to Colorado.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
After watching Arizona get waxed by USC Trojans, there is no question that UO is 2nd best team (at this moment) in PAC-12. Amazing that Colorado is the only undefeated team in the county! Congrats to Colorado.
Waxed? Arizona had a lead well into Q4. Miura got hot and hit some 3's at the end of the game, but this went back and forth most of the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Waxed? Arizona had a lead well into Q4. Miura got hot and hit some 3's at the end of the game, but this went back and forth most of the 2nd half.
Yes, given AZ's #4 ranking, waxed. AZ didn't play like a championship caliber team down the stretch. And they were playing USC

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yes, given AZ's #4 ranking, waxed. AZ didn't play like a championship caliber team down the stretch. And they were playing USC
Honestly USC has more talent on paper than Arizona does. I just don't agree w/ your summary of this game as a waxing. Doesn't fit.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
In fairness to Arizona, they just rescheduled that game on Wednesday and hit the road after a Friday evening home game against WSU, and it's their second game in almost 4 weeks. U$C has a ton of talent if they can ever get healthy and organized (which they finally seem to be doing), and the Sun Devils were within one possession until the last 2 minutes of the game. This is not, in my mind, as bad a loss as it looks on paper. That said, I was really giving Arizona the benefit of the doubt despite some skepticism, and they're not getting it anymore going forward...

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
In fairness to Arizona, they just rescheduled that game on Wednesday and hit the road after a Friday evening home game against WSU, and it's their second game in almost 4 weeks. U$C has a ton of talent if they can ever get healthy and organized (which they finally seem to be doing), and the Sun Devils were within one possession until the last 2 minutes of the game. This is not, in my mind, as bad a loss as it looks on paper. That said, I was really giving Arizona the benefit of the doubt despite some skepticism, and they're not getting it anymore going forward...
I wondered if the fact that Shaina Pellington was missing was a factor (I didn't see the game, but did glance at a box score). That's 2 games in a row. I don't think Ware played either? The paper said she was day to day recovering from her injury, Pellington's issue isn't disclosed but I assume it could be Covid. Adia and most of her family had it, among others.

Arizona is not a "powerhouse". They typically play pretty good defense, compete hard and - yes - certainly have some talent. They were never going to go undefeated, but this isn't the loss I would have predicted.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
When did this happen? Just now reading about it.

Reaction Score
USC-AZ was a fun watch. Road games are an adventure for everybody in the PAC-12. The difference in the end was that Miura
went 5-6 from 3, including 3 of those in the last few minutes. Undefeated CO hosts Stanford next game.

Reaction Score
I wondered if the fact that Shaina Pellington was missing was a factor (I didn't see the game, but did glance at a box score). That's 2 games in a row. I don't think Ware played either? The paper said she was day to day recovering from her injury, Pellington's issue isn't disclosed but I assume it could be Covid. Adia and most of her family had it, among others.

Arizona is not a "powerhouse". They typically play pretty good defense, compete hard and - yes - certainly have some talent. They were never going to go undefeated, but this isn't the loss I would have predicted.
Agreed - I never really bought them as one of the top 4 teams in the country but I think right now they really miss Pellington and Ware. Struggled against WSU too

Reaction Score
Wildcats.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
In fairness "both" teams just rescheduled that game on Wednesday and I would guess "both" teams hit the road after Fridays game, to travel. USC played at undefeated Colorado on Friday. I too think it was not a bad loss for U of A.

Reaction Score
AP Rankings are goofy when it comes to the PAC-12. AZ (ranked #7) loses to USC, and CO (ranked #22) is undefeated and beat USC same weekend. The big miss is that UO didn't get any AP points in the last poll? If UO wins their next 3 games (ASU, UA, UCONN), then they should be ranked in the TOP 15.

Reaction Score
ASU will not be playing the Oregon and OSU games this week after all. COVID protocols. At this point AZ is still coming.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This Pac 12 season is gonna be so goofy. Some teams might end up playing almost twice as many games as other teams. Currently WSU has gotten the most games in at 3, while 4 teams still have 0.

Reaction Score
ASU will not be playing the Oregon and OSU games this week after all. COVID protocols. At this point AZ is still coming.
Does anyone know how long has it been since ASU has played a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom