PAC 12 WBB News | Page 15 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Prince is a disappointment. If she moves on after this year to something else I think it will help overall in the long run. I think what you see now is what you get. Nothing more and nothing less. She does not want to put the work into the basketball side. I don't think she is in the gym after hours working on her game but I have nothing to back that up that feeling.
I couldn't agree more. Ironically, the same player who received so many kudos for revealing the differences between the men's and women's weight rooms at last year's NCAA Tournament looks to me as if she's never actually spent any time in the latter. More important, she just doesn't seem to care much and it shows in every part of her game. Maybe this can/will change--miracles do happen, I suppose--but I frankly doubt it. (I also think that Parrish, who does play hard, really needs to work on her strength in the off season.)

At this point Oregon is not a very good team. Maybe that will change once Rogers works off the rust and Sabally has a chance to get back to where she was at the beginning of the season (I'm not even counting on Paopao), but I wish I could be more optimistic. For me, the only plus about this game was Rogers being back and Scherr maybe being more relaxed, and so a better scorer, with someone finally there to help take some of the responsibilities she's been carrying off her shoulders.

Reaction Score
And still hoping for a leader to step up. We will absolutely have one next year - Van Slooten and probably others.

Reaction Score
And still hoping for a leader to step up. We will absolutely have one next year - Van Slooten and probably others.
I couldn't agree more. Ironically, the same player who received so many kudos for revealing the differences between the men's and women's weight rooms at last year's NCAA Tournament looks to me as if she's never actually spent any time in the latter. More important, she just doesn't seem to care much and it shows in every part of her game. Maybe this can/will change--miracles do happen, I suppose--but I frankly doubt it. (I also think that Parrish, who does play hard, really needs to work on her strength in the off season.)

At this point Oregon is not a very good team. Maybe that will change once Rogers works off the rust and Sabally has a chance to get back to where she was at the beginning of the season (I'm not even counting on Paopao), but I wish I could be more optimistic. For me, the only plus about this game was Rogers being back and Scherr maybe being more relaxed, and so a better scorer, with someone finally there to help take some of the responsibilities she's been carrying off her shoulders.
I like Parrish's game but she needs to work on being more consistent. Like I said in an earlier post they are about two players short of flipping a couple of those losses.
Right now on the high side I see them at 4th at the very best to hopefully not less than sixth place in the conference.

Just as a reminder of who is coming in and much needed:

Oregon’s four-member class consisted of two five-star prospects from Ohio - point guard Chance Gray (No. 7 nationally) and Grace VanSlooten (No. 13) - and two four-star prospects from Arizona - wing Jennah Isai (No. 36) and post Kennedy Basham (No. 59).

Reaction Score
I do think Rogers is most likely to become the floor leader for this team and a sorely needed one. She had that role at USC and is an experienced veteran. Maybe the factor needed to mesh this collection of inconsistent role players into a productive unit. Here’s hoping on my side anyway.

Reaction Score
I like Parrish's game but she needs to work on being more consistent. Like I said in an earlier post they are about two players short of flipping a couple of those losses.
Right now on the high side I see them at 4th at the very best to hopefully not less than sixth place in the conference.

Just as a reminder of who is coming in and much needed:

Oregon’s four-member class consisted of two five-star prospects from Ohio - point guard Chance Gray (No. 7 nationally) and Grace VanSlooten (No. 13) - and two four-star prospects from Arizona - wing Jennah Isai (No. 36) and post Kennedy Basham (No. 59).

They're definitely a few players short of being competitive right now.
And let's remember Oregon had a full class full of five star recruits. NONE of them look the part. We an argue PaoPao but she comes and goes due to her injuries, which she has struggled with historically. She will just be an in and out of the line up player.

Oregon has issues, people aren't ready to talk about them though. Only now people are just starting to see Prince past her social media status.

Reaction Score
Anyone see Maddie Scherr at Oregon transferring after this year because her boyfriend was picked up by Florida State in football?

Mycah Pittman btw.

Reaction Score
They're definitely a few players short of being competitive right now.
And let's remember Oregon had a full class full of five star recruits. NONE of them look the part. We an argue PaoPao but she comes and goes due to her injuries, which she has struggled with historically. She will just be an in and out of the line up player.

Oregon has issues, people aren't ready to talk about them though. Only now people are just starting to see Prince past her social media status.
Prince is a boat anchor dragging the whole team down. I won't get into it all but sometimes teams have players that don't bring out the positives. Hope she moves on after this season. It happens..................

Reaction Score
Anyone see Maddie Scherr at Oregon transferring after this year because her boyfriend was picked up by Florida State in football?

Mycah Pittman btw.
Yeah. They are pretty close and with the easy access portal…love Maddie but…

Reaction Score
The Oregon - Northwestern game scheduled for tonight has been cancelled due to positive test(s) within the Northwestern program.

Reaction Score
The Oregon - Northwestern game scheduled for tonight has been cancelled due to positive test(s) within the Northwestern program.
Are we heading down the “damaged season” road again? No bueno…

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, the ladies of Cal had their game against Washington canceled and suffered a loss to Washington State. Keep in mind, Cal did not have the services of one Jayda Curry but still a loss is a loss.

Oregon is getting their players back. Paopao and Sabally getting their groove back. They play Stanford Friday. Should be an interesting and great test for Oregon. Stanford has already been tested. Now we get to see what Oregon does. I really like this program and what Coach Graves is doing with the program. They have come along way from Coach Paul Westhead & Coach Bev Smith days. That is for sure!

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, the ladies of Cal had their game against Washington canceled and suffered a loss to Washington State. Keep in mind, Cal did not have the services of one Jayda Curry but still a loss is a loss.

Oregon is getting their players back. Paopao and Sabally getting their groove back. They play Stanford Friday. Should be an interesting and great test for Oregon. Stanford has already been tested. Now we get to see what Oregon does. I really like this program and what Coach Graves is doing with the program. They have come along way from Coach Paul Westhead & Coach Bev Smith days. That is for sure!
"Long way" is an understatement! But I worry that Oregon will not be ready for the Stanford defense on Friday--maybe for the return match-up in Eugene--but, with Paopao, Sabally, and Rogers only just back (and the first two playing limited minutes), it's asking a lot for the team to really play like a team right away. On the other hand, Oregon did play Stanford tough last year (and could easily/should have won in Eugene) so . . . .

Reaction Score
Only 2 x PAC-12 Teams in the current AP TOP 25. Two questions:

1. How many PAC-12 Teams will be in TOP 25 after the PAC-12 Tournament completes this season?
2. How many PAC-12 Teams make the NCAA Tournament this season?

My answer is: 3 x PAC-12 Teams in TOP 25 & 5 x PAC-12 Teams make the tournament

Reaction Score
"Long way" is an understatement! But I worry that Oregon will not be ready for the Stanford defense on Friday--maybe for the return match-up in Eugene--but, with Paopao, Sabally, and Rogers only just back (and the first two playing limited minutes), it's asking a lot for the team to really play like a team right away. On the other hand, Oregon did play Stanford tough last year (and could easily/should have won in Eugene) so . . . .
Great point about the Stanford game this Friday. That return matchup should be a nice one. Looking forward to the game on Friday.

Reaction Score
It’s interesting. On the one hand, Oregon really hasn’t played together much, but on the other hand, Stanford’s scout defense doesn’t have a lot of data to go off of as they scheme to stop Oregon’s offense. Tara is at her best when she has time and data to draw up schemes to beat other teams.

Reaction Score
Only 2 x PAC-12 Teams in the current AP TOP 25. Two questions:

1. How many PAC-12 Teams will be in TOP 25 after the PAC-12 Tournament completes this season?
2. How many PAC-12 Teams make the NCAA Tournament this season?

My answer is: 3 x PAC-12 Teams in TOP 25 & 5 x PAC-12 Teams make the tournament
And those teams are?

Reaction Score
Stanford just announced they are restricting attendance to only student-athlete's family for indoor sporting events.

Reaction Score
And those teams are?

1. Stanford
2. Oregon
3. Arizona
4. Utah
5. Colorado

As it stands all five of those teams are in the Top 30 of the NET. If the season ended today, they’d likely be in the NCAA regardless of how you felt about their schedules.

Arizona State is somehow at #43 in the NET. Southern Cal, UCLA, Oregon State, and Wazzu all have work to do.

Reaction Score
Stanford just announced they are restricting attendance to only student-athlete's family for indoor sporting events.
So 38 miles away at CAL it is business as usual? Too bad for the home team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01