PAC 12 conference &. Network | The Boneyard

PAC 12 conference &. Network

Reaction Score
Are the executives of these two organizations incompetent, or negligent , or apathetic or anti- women’s basketball?

Stanford travels to Utah today to play Utah for the regular season conference championship at 11:00 AM Pacific time? This is a game of regional and national importance,

BUT

Did they not pay attention to Tara’ pick of Utah to win the championship?

Did they not consider a Friday evening game as the conference has programmed all season until now and national fans have grown accustomed to?

did they consider a pre- lunch game for Pacific Time Zone viewers to be maximizing the game’s potential audience?

Did the conference in the most pro/feminist area of the country just not care about women’s basketball?

Makes me wonder . . .

Reaction Score
Are the executives of these two organizations incompetent, or negligent , or apathetic or anti- women’s basketball?

Stanford travels to Utah today to play Utah for the regular season conference championship at 11:00 AM Pacific time? This is a game of regional and national importance,

BUT

Did they not pay attention to Tara’ pick of Utah to win the championship?

Did they not consider a Friday evening game as the conference has programmed all season until now and national fans have grown accustomed to?

did they consider a pre- lunch game for Pacific Time Zone viewers to be maximizing the game’s potential audience?

Did the conference in the most pro/feminist area of the country just not care about women’s basketball?

Makes me wonder . . .
1. The usual Friday/Sunday pairing of conference games got moved to Thursday/Saturday to give an extra day between the last regular season game and the start of the PAC-12 tournament Wed 1 March. Ironically neither Stanford nor Utah (for the first time) will play Wednesday. But no one knew that when the schedules were made.

2. The conference schedule got finalized before the media or coaches (including Tara) made their preseason prediction on conference finish. So no the conference schedulers did not nor would not have considered Tara’s seemingly omniscient prediction that Utah would finish first in the conference race. Tara chose Utah because rules precluded her from picking her own team BTW.

3. Unfortunately the group that put together the men’s PAC-12 conference schedule had Utah host USC Saturday evening with a 5PM MST tip-off. So the women’s game had to tip-off at noon MST. You can legitimately question why the men didn’t play the early slot or why the men didn’t play Sunday as the Colorado men’s team did.

4. Would be interesting to know which game got better viewership. The announced attendance for Stanford-Utah wbb was 9,611 while USC-Utah mbb was 10,134.

5. Could argue that the current PAC-12 conference/network executives are incompetent but that clearly applies to the previous management team lead by Larry Scott who had more interest in his own income and perks than the conference finances. His successor George Kliavkoff finds himself in the unenviable position of running a ship that could self destruct in the next year or so.

Reaction Score
5. Could argue that the current PAC-12 conference/network executives are incompetent but that clearly applies to the previous management team lead by Larry Scott who had more interest in his own income and perks than the conference finances. His successor George Kliavkoff finds himself in the unenviable position of running a ship that could self destruct in the next year or so.
Correct!

Current management is not running the ship which is the Titanic. It's clear the ship is headed down and the question is merely when. Already in the lifeboats are UCLA USC. I'm suspecting that Oregon and Washington are stepping into a lifeboat if they already haven't.

As an ASU fan I wonder if we have a lifeboat at all. :)

Reaction Score
Correct!

Current management is not running the ship which is the Titanic. It's clear the ship is headed down and the question is merely when. Already in the lifeboats are UCLA USC. I'm suspecting that Oregon and Washington are stepping into a lifeboat if they already haven't.

As an ASU fan I wonder if we have a lifeboat at all. :)
UCLA and southern Cal have already been picked up by a luxury cruise liner.

Is the Big12 a lifeboat or an inflatable raft that may have a leaky valve?

Reaction Score
UCLA and southern Cal have already been picked up by a luxury cruise liner.

Is the Big12 a lifeboat or an inflatable raft that may have a leaky valve?
Lol... Hilarious!

I think you make a great point and as we transition from the status quo to two mega conferences the Big 12 is a raft. I would expect the foundation of the two conference future would be the Big Ten and the SEC but who knows?

Reaction Score
Lol... Hilarious!

I think you make a great point and as we transition from the status quo to two mega conferences the Big 12 is a raft. I would expect the foundation of the two conference future would be the Big Ten and the SEC but who knows?
The Rudolph Murdock Conference and the Mickey Mouse Conference?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Big props to OSU's Freshman class. Raegan Beers is a stud. But it doesn't stop there. Timea Gardiner has only played in 13 games and I'm as excited about this player as I am about Raegan Beers. And the other 3 freshman are all going to be solid contributors going forward. Watching the two (2) OSU recruits senior HS playoff games, and am impressed with both of these recruits. Future is bright in Corvallis.

Still no word if 6' 9" post Jelena Mitrovic is going to return next season? Mitrovic has 2 years of eligibility remaining. If Jelena stays, OSU is going to be very solid next season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Big props to OSU's Freshman class. Raegan Beers is a stud. But it doesn't stop there. Timea Gardiner has only played in 13 games and I'm as excited about this player as I am about Raegan Beers. And the other 3 freshman are all going to be solid contributors going forward. Watching the two (2) OSU recruits senior HS playoff games, and am impressed with both of these recruits. Future is bright in Corvallis.

Still no word if 6' 9" post Jelena Mitrovic is going to return next season? Mitrovic has 2 years of eligibility remaining. If Jelena stays, OSU is going to be very solid next season.
Does OSU plan on replacing Rueck with a coach who actually has an offensive philosophy? Otherwise call me skeptical on OSU making any headway in the PAC12 over the next two seasons.

Reaction Score
UCLA escapes ASU in OT. Unfortunately the Sun Devils just made too many mistakes in OT. Oregon/Washington up next.

EDIT: I tuned in late, so I didn't know until the post game ... apparently UCLA squandered away a 19 point lead to bring the game to OT! :eek:

Reaction Score
Does OSU plan on replacing Rueck with a coach who actually has an offensive philosophy? Otherwise call me skeptical on OSU making any headway in the PAC12 over the next two seasons.
Not a chance Rueck will get replaced. I'm more confident in OSU's offense over the next few seasons than are you! Before the season started, I was at the OSU WBB Kickoff dinner, and our assistant coach told me that this freshman class reminded him of Syd Weise's freshmen class. I now have to agree. That was the class that went to the F4. OSU has two very good guards (PGs) coming in next season. Both Oregon HS kids. I've watched them both play and they are talented. I suspect OSU will still go into the portal to find a PG with eligibility of 2+ years. We have kids who can score in the freshmen/sophomore class, and next year will be fun for OSU fans (yes, even on the offensive end)

Reaction Score

Youtube is showing PAC-12 games free online internationally on the PAC-12 international network. No subscription required.

Link above.

Reaction Score

Youtube is showing PAC-12 games free online internationally on the PAC-12 international network. No subscription required.

Link above.

Just a heads up that ESPN has the broadcast rights to the championship game. Don't think it will be on the PAC-12 networks international.

Reaction Score
Is 2023 the last season?

Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad tales of the pac-12
Yikes. While I've known this stuff was going on for a year or more, it's still somehow startling that ESPN could really be out of the picture. Good luck with it. Because of the time difference, I don't see a lot of PAC 12 games, but I still feel like the conference is important to the overall health of college athletics.

Reaction Score
My streaming service doesn't offer PACN. I miss those Friday night triple headers so I hope ESPN takes it over.

Reaction Score
My streaming service doesn't offer PACN. I miss those Friday night triple headers so I hope ESPN takes it over.
You are not missing much. Horrible website, horrible streaming service.

Reaction Score
ESPN has made a hard pass on the Pac 6

Reaction Score
Hope and a prayer?

"Each of us will make our own independent analysis," Robbins said at the Future of College Athletics Summit hosted here by the University of Arizona. "My prediction is that we're all going to stay together as a Pac-12. There's 10 of us right now. I'm hopeful that the deal is going to be good enough to keep us together."

Hope springs eternal, but in this case futile?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Hope and a prayer?

"Each of us will make our own independent analysis," Robbins said at the Future of College Athletics Summit hosted here by the University of Arizona. "My prediction is that we're all going to stay together as a Pac-12. There's 10 of us right now. I'm hopeful that the deal is going to be good enough to keep us together."

Hope springs eternal, but in this case futile?
Not hopeful the deal will be any good. Not hopeful that the current administration will do anything if it isn't.

Reaction Score
Not hopeful the deal will be any good. Not hopeful that the current administration will do anything if it isn't.
Agreed.

It appears Colorado maybe the first of the remaining teams in the defunct Pac-12 to leave. In spite of the Wildcat president's claims if Colorado leaves UArizona may not be far behind, notwithstanding his claims of the tight relationship with the Sun Devils.

If the shell of pac 12 staggers on in the absence of a real TV contract the league. will be defunct. The only school that can really tolerate a tiny contract is the well endowed Cardinal.

Wondering if the brain trust in Palo Alto is considering following Notre Dame and going independent.

Reaction Score
July 21 is the new deadline .....lol.

"July 21 deadline seems to be the one that the conference is actually hoping to meet. The conference has had an entire year to figure things out, and while optimism isn't high they do have a chance to surprise a lot of naysayers."

Editorial comment - the ineptitude and flaws in decision-making by the Pac-12 hierarchy are eeriely reminiscent of the Phoenix Mercury disaster.

"Kerek joins the conference in the midst of its existential crisis following her seven-year tenure as CFO of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee — a major role in the sports space that seemingly prepared her for the unique challenges awaiting in the Pac-12,” Wilner wrote. “The terms of her contract were not revealed, but we suspect the deal comes with unlimited use of a bucket and mop.
:)
“The conference has been without a full-time CFO since Brent Willman was fired in January for his role in the Comcast financial scandal, which resulted in the media company overpaying the Pac-12 Networks by at least $50 million over the course of a decade even though Willman and networks president Mark Shuken were aware . . .

If you believe the above I know a developer here in Arizona who has some wonderful property for sale in Mohave County.

Reaction Score
July 21 is the new deadline .....lol.

"July 21 deadline seems to be the one that the conference is actually hoping to meet. The conference has had an entire year to figure things out, and while optimism isn't high they do have a chance to surprise a lot of naysayers."

Editorial comment - the ineptitude and flaws in decision-making by the Pac-12 hierarchy are eeriely reminiscent of the Phoenix Mercury disaster.

"Kerek joins the conference in the midst of its existential crisis following her seven-year tenure as CFO of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee — a major role in the sports space that seemingly prepared her for the unique challenges awaiting in the Pac-12,” Wilner wrote. “The terms of her contract were not revealed, but we suspect the deal comes with unlimited use of a bucket and mop.
:)
“The conference has been without a full-time CFO since Brent Willman was fired in January for his role in the Comcast financial scandal, which resulted in the media company overpaying the Pac-12 Networks by at least $50 million over the course of a decade even though Willman and networks president Mark Shuken were aware . . .

If you believe the above I know a developer here in Arizona who has some wonderful property for sale in Mohave County.
Beach front or second row?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Beach front or second row?
Beach front like all property in Arizona - I'm staring out at 108 degree sun as I write this - but I admit I don't see the beach. In spite of George Strait.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom