Our Ceiling | The Boneyard

Our Ceiling

Reaction Score
Today’s performance from a couple of guys got me thinking. If everything falls into place(which is rare), what is this teams ceiling. I mean if Polley returns to Junior year Polley and is an automatic bucket when open, if Hawkins becomes a legit 15 ppg threat every night, if Cole continues on his trajectory, Adama continues to be an all big East big, Tyrese continues to be a bully and a dog, Akok returns to Indiana MSG Akok, Gaffney plays to his potential, Whaley does dpoy Whaley things, and AJax channels his inner Draymond Green. My lord. I’ll preface this by saying, all of this coming to fruition is slim to none. But what if just most of it does. Where can we go?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
A lot of it depends on how we do in conference play and what seed/matchups we get in the tournament. The Big East is going to be a war this year. I expect to sweep Butler, Georgetown, and maybe DePaul. Everybody else is going to be a battle. Even Butler and DePaul on the road are going to be difficult games.

Reaction Score
I think we have final four talent but I don't know if I'd say we have final four potential
That’s interesting. And I might agree with you.

But next year….especially if Cole, Martin, and Adama come back. Anything less than number 5 is a disappointment. That might be pre season number 1

Reaction Score
This place is so weird. Our coach is inept, we are final 4 ready,. You friggin guys need to level out a bit.
It’s a fun conversation to have. No one in this thread has said we are final four ready.

Loosen up a bit

Reaction Score
This place is so weird. Our coach is inept, we are final 4 ready,. You friggin guys need to level out a bit.
To be fair, it's the same people saying we're good after wins/losses and the same people saying Hurley sucks even after today's win.

To answer the question, probably Elite 8. I think we can beat anyone on a given night when everything is clicking, but I think we're still a bit behind the elite teams who have championship potential

Reaction Score
Today’s performance from a couple of guys got me thinking. If everything falls into place(which is rare), what is this teams ceiling. I mean if Polley returns to Junior year Polley and is an automatic bucket when open, if Hawkins becomes a legit 15 ppg threat every night, if Cole continues on his trajectory, Adama continues to be an all big East big, Tyrese continues to be a bully and a dog, Akok returns to Indiana MSG Akok, Gaffney plays to his potential, Whaley does dpoy Whaley things, and AJax channels his inner Draymond Green. My lord. I’ll preface this by saying, all of this coming to fruition is slim to none. But what if just most of it does. Where can we go?
If all of that happens they're cutting down the nets. They have the talent but the team could be anything from a first round exit to winning the whole thing. Sweet 16 should be the expectation.

Reaction Score
To be fair, it's the same people saying we're good after wins/losses and the same people saying Hurley sucks even after today's win.

To answer the question, probably Elite 8. I think we can beat anyone on a given night when everything is clicking, but I think we're still a bit behind the elite teams who have championship potential

I honestly don’t understand how anyone puts an arbitrary cap on this team’s potential. The best team on paper rarely wins the whole thing. Loyola Chicago was no ones preseason Final Four pick when they went.

Reaction Score
If all of those things go optimally, and we get lucky breaks and 50/50 calls in the tournament, sure, we'll win it all. But there are probably 75 teams that can say the exact same thing (of course, the specifics of their list of hypotheticals are different).

But hey, don't take my response as pessimistic. There are about 275 teams that can't say that.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yes, all but 2 we were up by over 20.

We didn't close out against MSU or WVU. It happened last year and I believe they mentioned it in the broadcast
please don't mention any words from those broadcasters. they were turrible. turned it down with 15 minutes to go. one guy could absolutely not shut up, and the other guy, well, forget him too.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Agreed. If we play as we did against Auburn, we can play with almost anyone. I can see us winning the Big East Regular season if we can play to our potential

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
please don't mention any words from those broadcasters. they were turrible. turned it down with 15 minutes to go. one guy could absolutely not shut up, and the other guy, well, forget him too.
I think they were quoting Hurley

Reaction Score
Gee. I told my wife at the end of the game that I thought they were excellent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom