"Other" games of note, Week 2 (Nov. 12-18) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

"Other" games of note, Week 2 (Nov. 12-18)

Reaction Score
USC was missing Watts, Overbeck and Aaron. Almost certainly their 3 best players, on a team that wasn't deep to begin with.
Sigh. Last week Rice took a bad road loss at SMU and then gave us a scare at home on Sunday. This Saturday the Ags go to the Galen Center to play USC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Neither team playing defense

Duke should score 100

No way Duke scores 100. No way
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
Might not score 100 in 2 games combined this week.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad, what happened to Odom? I watched her play in her high school state championship game and she and her running buddy lit up the place. She looked as if she would be AA material in college and seemed to play well as a freshman. It looks like she does not always hustle. What happened to her buddy after transferring from her original college choice?

Well.... she actually had solid stats last season... 13.1/6.4/2.5/1.6/0.9 pts/reb/ast/steals/blocks shot over 50% from the field. A few things 1) she has never developed a 3pt shot 2) she's seems to be a shy, laid-back type who defers too much to others 3) she's a natural 3... but due to injuries she's has been playing some PG this season and last. Hopefully Lambert's minutes increase and Odom can return to the wing. I love watching her as a player... when she's on... she's electric. I think she's a sleeper WNBA pick..... I'd take her over most of the players I see projected, though Im a bit biased of course.

Reaction Score
Triad, what happened to Odom? I watched her play in her high school state championship game and she and her running buddy lit up the place. She looked as if she would be AA material in college and seemed to play well as a freshman. It looks like she does not always hustle. What happened to her buddy after transferring from her original college choice?
Odom was always a player who's actual ability and level of skill never manifested in games as often as it could have. She would not always give her best effort. When she decided to play she was very very good. The buddy you were referring to was Valary Higgins. She originally signed with SC but after a year transferred to UOP. Now she was the one with fire in her gut. She did not possess the skill set of Odom, but she consistently produced in one way or the other. That team is doing well. They were in the preseason WNIT but got knocked out in the second round by Oregon St. They hung with them better than DePaul did. They play in the same conference as Gonzaga. I always liked Higgins as a player. If Odom had her desire she would be player of the year.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming injuries, though I haven't heard anything. Aaron has yet to play this year. Overbeck only played 2 minutes in the previous game, which sounds like it had to be a physical issue. Watts played 27 minutes, so I have no idea about her.
USC's website says
USC had eight players suited up for action tonight, with four sidelined by injury. Both Stephanie Watts and Kayla Overbeck are expected to be ready to go for next game, but were unavailable tonight due to injuries. Madison Campbell and Shalexxus Aaron have not competed yet this season due to injury.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
USC's website says
Watts and Overbeck are definitely there two best and most experienced players. A&M should still win pretty handily IMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom