OTE, Ollie's Team, Signs first 2 players | The Boneyard

OTE, Ollie's Team, Signs first 2 players

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Hard to argue with 7 figures. Still a bit further to go to have a full team. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on. Who do they plan to play?

Edit: Apparently it's supposed to be a 4 team league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Funny replies to Decourcy. One guy says "at least they won't be exploited by the NCAA which you support, Mike." Of course, Ollie and Leitao are taking a % of any pro contract in return for the $100k. So, they are making money off of this. At least they hope. Just because players are being paid, it doesn't mean it comes free or with no strings attached.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Funny replies to Decourcy. One guy says "at least they won't be exploited by the NCAA which you support, Mike." Of course, Ollie and Leitao are taking a % of any pro contract in return for the $100k. So, they are making money off of this. At least they hope. Just because players are being paid, it doesn't mean it comes free or with no strings attached.
This model is so dumb because once it produces a windfall it will die. Can you imagine the PR for this league when they inevitably end up in a dispute with a player that doesn't want to pony over millions because KO once took him on a bus trip to play a prep school?

Reaction Score
Do they expect money from fans watching and paying to see the games? Or are they going to make money by taking a cut of the players salaries in the NBA?

Reaction Score
Do they expect money from fans watching and paying to see the games? Or are they going to make money by taking a cut of the players salaries in the NBA?
Probably hoping the players and families don't pay attention to the required percentage kickback to KO, et al.
Then there will be this giant legal dispute over unpaid obligations........oh, oh, maybe deja vu all over again?

Reaction Score
Probably hoping the players and families don't pay attention to the required percentage kickback to KO, et al.
Then there will be this giant legal dispute over unpaid obligations........oh, oh, maybe deja vu all over again?

I am against it - but I guarantee you if they threw in a luxury car and a $50k advance signing bonus - it would work. That’s basically what agents do to get guys to the point of no return in the NBA draft process - and then we need to read post after post of high minded reasons other than what really happened. I am not judging the reality - just saying what the reality is.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I am against it - but I guarantee you if they threw in a luxury car and a $50k advance signing bonus - it would work. That’s basically what agents do to get guys to the point of no return in the NBA draft process - and then we need to read post after post of high minded reasons other than what really happened. I am not judging the reality - just saying what the reality is.
This is so true. They literally prey on the kid’s inability to read a contract, then steal money from him. Then the agent points him to his buddy who’s a financial adviser who does the same thing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This model is so dumb because once it produces a windfall it will die. Can you imagine the PR for this league when they inevitably end up in a dispute with a player that doesn't want to pony over millions because KO once took him on a bus trip to play a prep school?

This reeks of the model used in the recording industry for years where you'd see some groups or artists come out of no where and have a couple of huge hit records and basically make nothing because of the contracts they signed.

It's going to be a few of the high level talent players whose contracts fund the whole operation.

Yes, I expect minimal income from fans and tickets, maybe some media rights income and definitely sponsorship income, but this is primarily being funded off getting a percentage of the players' pro contracts.

Reaction Score
So what prep school is going to play these guys? Look, I applaud the concept of giving players with zero interest in college a place to go. I hope these Concepts work, or at least enough of them do that the 1and done scourge is eliminated from college basketball. But given their recruiting skills, one has to wonder if Ollie and Leiteo are the guys you’d want selecting your team?

Reaction Score
This is so true. They literally prey on the kid’s inability to read a contract, then steal money from him. Then the agent points him to his buddy who’s a financial adviser who does the same thing.
And likely get some sort of finders fee back from the adviser. Not making judgements.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Hopefully these kids and their parents' get some good contract lawyers to read and understand the fine print. This concept is ripe for their potential future earnings to go to others and it will be nobody's fault but their own.

Reaction Score
Boneyarders hoping like hell this fails, eventually ya'll have to move on
I don't think anyone is hoping this is going to go wrong. I think people are just pointing out the obvious. This is a train wreck just waiting to happen.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If KO wasn't involved ya'll wouldn't even give a damn
How does this make sense? It's still a rival path to basketball.

I actually think this league makes apparent the benefit of the NCAA: yes, you forego two years of income, but nobody has their hand in your pocket 10 years into your NBA career.

Reaction Score
If KO wasn't involved ya'll wouldn't even give a damn
That's a staggering over-generalization. Actually, I couldn't give a damn who IS involved. I think it's a horrible idea and it's going to flame out. But thanks for (woefully incorrectly) trying to read my mind

Reaction Score
Isn't this venture backed by current NBA players? What's up people claiming KO is the mastermind behind the model?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Isn't this venture backed by current NBA players? What's up people claiming KO is the mastermind behind the model?
Because he's running it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom