OT: Your go to Hot Dogs ? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Your go to Hot Dogs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your lack of pedigree is just shining through.

You sear the outside of it for about 15 seconds. Done.

No unavoidable gray border of overcooked steak at the edges - if you want it rare, it's rare right up to the seared crust on the outside.

But the entire steak is grey. It has the texture of rare or medium rare beef, but the color is just . . . . off.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I get conflicting information about this so I'm wondering what you think . . . Is it possible to do an unattended overnight smoke on a Big Green Egg? I'm using a cookshack electric right now just because it's so freaking easy and gets you 95% of the way there, but it's getting towards the end of its useful life after 11 years and I'm thinking of going with the BGE.

It is. I do it pretty frequently during the summer. Get home from a gig at 3 am fire it up and put a brisket or shoulder on there , go to bed , and its done very late afternoon in time for it to rest for an hour or so before dinner. I go at least 6 hours without checking and have gone longer.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I get conflicting information about this so I'm wondering what you think . . . Is it possible to do an unattended overnight smoke on a Big Green Egg? I'm using a cookshack electric right now just because it's so freaking easy and gets you 95% of the way there, but it's getting towards the end of its useful life after 11 years and I'm thinking of going with the BGE.

Also, I dont have one, because Ive gotten comfortable with the EGG without it, but this is getting raves all over the place. You can smoke 14 hours or longer unattended

PartyQ Automatic BBQ Temperature Control

Reaction Score
Also, I dont have one, because Ive gotten comfortable with the EGG without it, but this is getting raves all over the place. You can smoke 14 hours or longer unattended

PartyQ Automatic BBQ Temperature Control

Ah, this is what I would need. Many of my longer smokes are for family gatherings and parties where we eat sometime in the mid-late afternoon. With the electric, I can set it to 220, but a brisket or butt in at 11:00, go to bed, take the kids to their practices the next day, come home, pull it around 2:00 and serve by 3:00. 14 hours unattended is what I need.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Anyone remember Me-Ma's? I know they had locations in Waterbury and Thomaston. They've been closed for years though. They had a solid dog. I like Frankies and Woody's.

If I'm buying hot dogs and want to spend the $ I go deuchmachers. Otherwise I'm not all that picky. I mix up toppings constantly. I like variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom