OT: World Cup | Page 16 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This might just about end that England issue. I think without the new technology, CR might have been screwed. Buffon dove right in the linesman's line of vision and I doubt he would have seen it cross the line.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A masterful performance.

4 World cup victories in their history. 4 WC Championships for Italy.

Not bad for a small country with a population of less of 5 million.

And they don't even need their 3rd game to go through. In one of the strongest groups no less!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ticos a played at the Rent and held the run of play against the US gold cup squad. A late Brek Shea goal on the counter was the difference. Bodes well for the US going forward.

Almost forgot...Snowclassićo!!!!

Reaction Score
UConnDan97 said:
I hope you're not serious. Costa Rica may indeed win or tie tomorrow, but the idea that the difference between them winning (30%) and Italy winning (40%) being a virtual coin-toss is pretty much laughable. Nobody in the world believes that, except for Nate Silver and perhaps yourself...

Don't know about winning, but getting a point was at least 59% in my mind, and they got three. They were just about as good as the USA in qualifying, this team is no joke.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
BOW BEFORE NATE SILVER'S COMPUTER!

Just because something happened does not mean that it was just as likely to happen.

Having said that, I'm going to go into the bathroom, cut my own heart out with a spoon, and then cry myself to sleep right now. Why a spoon, you ask?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Don't know about winning, but getting a point was at least 59% in my mind, and they got three. They were just about as good as the USA in qualifying, this team is no joke.

I perhaps gave the false impression that I don't respect Costa Rica. I think that they are a very good team. In my opinion, they were the second best team in CONCACAF prior to the resurgence of Mexico, and now they are probably the third best. And they deserve a lot of credit. They played the perfect gameplan. They made good on one of their 4 or 5 chances, and were able to ride it all the way to the victory. Dare I say, it was a very Italian win for them...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I perhaps gave the false impression that I don't respect Costa Rica. I think that they are a very good team. In my opinion, they were the second best team in CONCACAF prior to the resurgence of Mexico, and now they are probably the third best. And they deserve a lot of credit. They played the perfect gameplan. They made good on one of their 4 or 5 chances, and were able to ride it all the way to the victory. Dare I say, it was a very Italian win for them...

That's exactly what I said a few posts above! It's very accurate.

I know it's unthinkable for you, but if they Italians don't go through against Uruguay (with Suarez), then we would have:
  1. Spain
  2. England
  3. Italy
  4. and maybe (hopefully!) Portugal
All being sent home early. That would be amazing.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wow. Swiss goal keeper just shat the bed.

That's a tough way to start a game.

Reaction Score

They got screwed out of a penalty, too. It probably should have been 2-0.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
They got screwed out of a penalty, too. It probably should have been 2-0.

The goal happened about a minute later. It would have still been 1-0. Those moments are not additive. But yes, it should have been a penalty shot...

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I love the English commentators on the hot chicks in the crowd.

"Of course, she was always going to be a winner today."

"heLLO there!"

"Oh, HELLo!"

Meanwhile, back in the States, Musberger gives Katherine Webb one innocuous compliment, thereby making her career, and he's pilloried for it. America!

Reaction Score

"heLLO there!"

"Oh, HELLo!"

Meanwhile, back in the States, Musberger gives Katherine Webb one innocuous compliment, thereby making her career, and he's pilloried for it. America!

Were those "hellos" for the "winner" girl? She had French and Swiss flags on her cheeks, so she "couldn't lose."

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Were those "hellos" for the "winner" girl? She had French and Swiss flags on her cheeks, so she "couldn't lose."

No, those were for other hot chicks on shots spanning the crowd (other games involved).

Camera guy would focus on a good looking girl, and a brit announcer would say, "HELL-o" and simply move on. Very funny.

Reaction Score
Just was saying the "winner" comment wasn't about her looks (entirely). The double meaning may have been intended.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just was saying the "winner" comment wasn't about her looks (entirely). The double meaning may have been intended.

Yep, I got you. No idea his intent, but I'm happy to let precedent ride and interpret it as so.

Reaction Score
I realized yesterday that I scheduled a training with some new employees during the US/Germany match. I hate everything about myself.

Hope they are German, if they are, they won't show-up either. I have a lot of work calls with international folks and have been juggling them on the fly based on the Cup schedule and cancelled all calls with Brazil until mid July.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hope they are German, if they are, they won't show-up either. I have a lot of work calls with international folks and have been juggling them on the fly based on the Cup schedule and cancelled all calls with Brazil until mid July.

They have their priorities in order.

Reaction Score

And they did not fall apart after some typically Italian calls from the ref, good for them.

Spain out. England out. Italy has a one game playoff now to advance. Portugal will hopefully be out on Sunday. A lot of big names gone and it's on the 1st round. Awesome.

Reaction Score

"heLLO there!"

"Oh, HELLo!"

Here about the Mexican coaches response to some apparently off-color jeers from Mexican fans at the last match during the opposing team's goal kicks. He basically blew it off saying that's what Mexican fans do. Not smart. FIFA is under a lot of corporate pressure to clean that stuff up. Mexico's football association may be looking at a fine.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
And they did not fall apart after some typically Italian calls from the ref, good for them.

Spain out. England out. Italy has a one game playoff now to advance. Portugal will hopefully be out on Sunday. A lot of big names gone and it's on the 1st round. Awesome.

"Typically Italian calls"??? :rolleyes: Give me a break...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom