(OT) UConn Slate Coasters | Page 3 | The Boneyard

(OT) UConn Slate Coasters

Reaction Score
Apologies if this isn't allowed. My dad purchased a laser engraver and has been messing around with making slate coasters and made a set with the different UConn logos. He's been in touch with the University about licensing fees.

Wanted to post here to see if it would be something people were interested in at $35 for the set (with $5 going to the Boneyard's NIL fund)? He's basically looking to see if there's enough interest to justify paying the $350 licensing fee.
IMG-20230404-WA0013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
@Get a Job , @navery12 , @ihatepants , @auror , @Ratso , @Austin316 , @Grab 1 , @AzHusky , @Hogoff , @Tommyboy , @willie99 , @98Uconn

If you are still interested in purchasing a set of coasters, please send me a PM (conversation) with your email address, how many sets (of 4) that you want, if you want the box shown above, and which logo design you’d like (all of one type, the 4 shown, etc).

I am still working 72 hour weeks so it will be a bit before I am ready to ship. Also, I am limited to $2,500 in sales for the year (conditions of the license), and am currently at ~ $900 - when I hit the $2,500 cap I am done for the day.

Thanks everyone for your interest.

Reaction Score
@Get a Job , @navery12 , @ihatepants , @auror , @Ratso , @Austin316 , @Grab 1 , @AzHusky , @Hogoff , @Tommyboy , @willie99 , @98Uconn

If you are still interested in purchasing a set of coasters, please send me a PM (conversation) with your email address, how many sets (of 4) that you want, if you want the box shown above, and which logo design you’d like (all of one type, the 4 shown, etc).

I am still working 72 hour weeks so it will be a bit before I am ready to ship. Also, I am limited to $2,500 in sales for the year (conditions of the license), and am currently at ~ $900 - when I hit the $2,500 cap I am done for the day.

That should read done for the year once I hit $2,500 in sales.

Reaction Score

I already provided that information via PM. Do I need to do it again?

Reaction Score

How do I PM??

Reaction Score
First set is finished. They will be heading out to @Giscombe12 as he was the first to message. I will be sending out invoices in the order I received them when each set is ready to ship. I plan to get a couple sets finished each evening when I get home from work.

e50dbdc2-3e39-45e0-87ff-9553a13b2bd2-jpeg.88237

Attachments

• E50DBDC2-3E39-45E0-87FF-9553A13B2BD2.jpeg
    E50DBDC2-3E39-45E0-87FF-9553A13B2BD2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Reaction Score
In the interest of full disclosure, to get the license I had to be a legitimate business, (LLC, EIN, etc). So with that said I do need to collect sales tax, and a single set of coasters with the box weighs just under 1.5 lbs after being packed up. Shipping costs are estimated via USPS.com based on that weight.

I also plan to post proof of my payment of $5/set to Bleeding Blue For Good once all orders have been fulfilled and all payments received.

Thanks to all for your support.

Reaction Score
Arrived today safe & sound. Fantastic job!

(I had to sneak in another Husky logo, plus Smitty arrived today too.)

Attachments

• IMG_6342.jpeg
    IMG_6342.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 118
Reaction Score
As an update - my wife and I are currently visiting family in Canada for the next couple weeks and I will be back at it upon our return.

Thanks for your patience.

Reaction Score
Did you ever send an invoice my way? I don't think I ever received one.
Not yet - somehow I overlooked your message - sorry about that. I made 4 sets last night after work, and doing another 4 tonight. They will get boxed up and invoiced tomorrow. I am invoicing folks in the order that they sent the PM, and am shipping in the order that payment is received.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom