OT: Tell me about your chickens. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Tell me about your chickens.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1588780639628.gif

Reaction Score
It does have a feeling similar to that thread about mowing baby bunnies. Who was it who did that?

Yeah. That was me. On my riding mower, didn't notice a baby bunny hidden in the thick grass and lopped one ear and a slab of his forehead off. Only knew that I did it because his other brother wasn't as fortunate when I saw a bloody spray shoot out of my mower chute. I stopped, looked over the area and found the survivor. I named him Lucky. Lucky the One Earred Bunny.

To my credit, I flushed the wound with saline solution and put antibacterial ointment on it with a q-tip. Put him in a shoe box with some grass and took him to some wild animal rescue. I like to think he's a nice big happy, albeit a little hard of hearing, adult rabbit these days.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah. That was me. On my riding mower, didn't notice a baby bunny hidden in the thick grass and lopped one ear and a slab of his forehead off. Only knew that I did it because his other brother wasn't as fortunate when I saw a bloody spray shoot out of my mower chute. I stopped, looked over the area and found the survivor. I named him Lucky. Lucky the One Earred Bunny.

To my credit, I flushed the wound with saline solution and put antibacterial ointment on it with a q-tip. Put him in a shoe box with some grass and took him to some wild animal rescue. I like to think he's a nice big happy, albeit a little hard of hearing, adult rabbit these days.
I think it’s time for @Fishy to tell us about chipmunks again

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I like to think he was on a plate at Apricots by the end of the week.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This is what we do. My wife works with a woman who raises chickens. We get three dozen from her every two weeks. All different shapes and colors, including the ones with the light green shells that are usually my favorites. Definitely prefer them all to normal grocery store eggs.

Sweet Jesus...you're eating robin eggs!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

#theyardneverforgets

Reaction Score
There is no chance you are able to raise chickens. 0%

Yeah, I mean. Throw some feed in there. Fill up their water bowl. Make sure they don't get eaten by a fox. Eat delicious free range egg omelettes every day.

Super tough.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean. Throw some feed in there. Fill up their water bowl. Make sure they don't get eaten by a fox. Eat delicious free range egg omelettes every day.

Super tough.
Challenge accepted

arch

Reaction Score
I mean, I have raised a kid. Are you guys seriously doubting my ability to raise a bird with the brain the size of a peanut? Jerks.
1 (888) 666-2279 on speed dial.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom