OT Red Sox caught cheating | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Red Sox caught cheating

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A guy on second stealing signs = part of the game.

Having your training staff use Apple watches to steal signs= Very Bostonian

You can't use electronic devices to steal signs.

Not a Bosox or Yankees fan but don't tell me no other team has not thought of or done this.
To be frank - if my Cubbies did it I would consider it a stroke of genius - pretty soon it probably will become the norm and signaling will take a whole new twist
If you think its only a Boston thing you are crazy. Ive seen so many players and coaches wearing those apple watches this year - including Yankees. In fact, during the spring, a guy at work commented on why so many guys in the bullpen and dugout are wearing them - never thought anything about it besides maybe they are looking at their email or facebooking.
Why is it that the Yankees are always first to cry foul?

Reaction Score
1990's auggie22: yankee fans try to make me feel inferior for liking a team that loses a lot to their team.

2010's auggie22: yankee fans try to make me feel inferior for liking a team that undeniably wins more than their team, but MIGHT try a little harder to reach those outcomes.

I like where we are today much more than where we have been.

Reaction Score
Not a Bosox or Yankees fan but don't tell me no other team has not thought of or done this.
To be frank - if my Cubbies did it I would consider it a stroke of genius - pretty soon it probably will become the norm and signaling will take a whole new twist
If you think its only a Boston thing you are crazy. Ive seen so many players and coaches wearing those apple watches this year - including Yankees. In fact, during the spring, a guy at work commented on why so many guys in the bullpen and dugout are wearing them - never thought anything about it besides maybe they are looking at their email or facebooking.
Yankees are always the first to cry foul?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Actually, they're probably one of the worst in the league at it. If you get caught, you're not very good at it. One of the few things they ain't good at.

That'd be true if their cheating was limited to the times they were caught.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't have noticed. I would have fell asleep if I was watching a baseball game. Better than no-doze. Also it seems to me that there is an abundance whining in baseball. That is why I am convinced Jim Boeheim is a baseball fan.

There's more whining in every other sport quite honestly..... watch Lebron for a game baseball could never keep up with him.

Reaction Score
They got caught and they'll have to pay some kind of fine or lose some kind of draft pick or both. It was dumb that they thought they could get away with it.
I can't wait for the story in the NYT tomorrow detailing the inner workings of Joe Torre reducing Sanchez's suspension and making sure it was not handed down until the Red Sox series was over.

Reaction Score

I hope you realize it's not the Yanks crying foul first ask Farrell lol

Reaction Score
They got caught and they'll have to pay some kind of fine or lose some kind of draft pick or both. It was dumb that they thought they could get away with it.
I can't wait for the story in the NYT tomorrow detailing the inner workings of Joe Torre reducing Sanchez's suspension and making sure it was not handed down until the Red Sox series was over.

The Red Sox are always the victims, aren't they?

Reaction Score

Wow could have never guessed this lol that's the first reduction of a suspension ever right Viking?

I know you are but what am I time for the Sox fans hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That'd be true if their cheating was limited to the times they were caught.

How do you know someone's cheating if they aren't caught doing anything?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm actually a huge fan of this. Needed something to put a little bad blood back into the rivalry. Get the juices flowing. Now if somebody takes off somebodies head with a heater, we're back in business.

Reaction Score
Ridiculously bad reporting. The Times article says the trainer got the signal and told a few players in the dugout. There's no reporting on how the signal was relayed to the field. There would be no time to use dummy signals so it should be easy to pick up the signs. It would have to be sent to trainer, told to a player, signaled to a runner on the field and relayed to the batter all between when the catcher finishes his signal and the ball is delivered - all without distracting the batter or having it be obvious that the runner is staring in the dugout.

Reaction Score
Ridiculously bad reporting. The Times article says the trainer got the signal and told a few players in the dugout. There's no reporting on how the signal was relayed to the field. There would be no time to use dummy signals so it should be easy to pick up the signs. It would have to be sent to trainer, told to a player, signaled to a runner on the field and relayed to the batter all between when the catcher finishes his signal and the ball is delivered - all without distracting the batter or having it be obvious that the runner is staring in the dugout.

It doesn't matter, they ADMITTED they did it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm actually a huge fan of this. Needed something to put a little bad blood back into the rivalry. Get the juices flowing. Now if somebody takes off somebodies head with a heater, we're back in business.
Pedro needs to dig up zimmer and slam him again

temery

What?
Reaction Score

First move for the Red Sox is to present each of the Yankees players with an Apple Watch before the next home game at Fenway - with a bug in each.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well the Yankees managed to avoid Sanchez's suspension for the whole series.

Reaction Score
There's more whining in every other sport quite honestly..... watch Lebron for a game baseball could never keep up with him.
All the controversy , complaining and who the fan's think is cute is what keeps baseball fans watching. It couldn't be the brainless slow game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom