OT Marquette's Vander Blue NBA bound! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Marquette's Vander Blue NBA bound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Long-term, the prognosis for a basketball-only conference is grim.

Greed rolls downhill and the 'power conferences' have lost their inhibition when it comes to grabbing more of the available revenue. Eventually, they'll take all the air available to a conference like the Big East and it will become a clear second-tier player.

That will happen to the AAC as well and probably even to the ACC.

I would rather be UConn than Marquette if for no other reason than they have a chance to get off their doomed ship while Marquette is bolted to the deck of theirs'.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As I said in another thread, Blue had a ton to gain by coming back. Now, he better hone up on his Ukrainian.

Reaction Score
Marquette is going no where...Coming off an elite 8, they should be picked to win the BE next year and Buzz has a hell of a class coming in. The new league will be great.

Reaction Score
Marquette has a couple of top 100 recruits coming in. Only saw them against Uconn but thought Blue was their best player.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's just stupid for me to think that 3-time NCAA champ UConn has less to worry about then the Catholics. How dumb can I be? Wish we were Marquette instead.
Could be worse if you were wishing PC or DePaul!!!!!!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Blue was always on the edge of being a star. He isn't a point guard, but he barely shot 30% from 3. He is on the short end of the range for a 2, and he didn't dominate at any point in college. How many NBA teams are weak at the 2? This is a position you have to show up ready to play, and Blue is not ready to play.

I think Blue was going to have a monster year on a very good Marquette team. I think Cadougan hurt him, because Cadougan is a moron and makes more bad decisions in a single possession than most players make in a game. But Cadougan was leaving. Blue would have gotten to play point, which is where he needs to be in the pros with his poor shooting. But that didn't happen, so now he is an undersized, poor shooting 2 guard that doesn't do anything especially well.

Reaction Score
But we developed that cache while being a member of the Big East.

Your point was that Marquette was nothing before their success in the Big East, but now that they are not in the "Bi East," they have more to lose than most.

We too developed this cache, or ability to say, "We are UConn," while playing in the Big East. And like you said, we are also no longer in the Big East - we play Tulsa and Tulane.

A = B; B = C; yet A does not = C?

You guys like to use Tulsa and Tulane..........okay so Marquette has DePaul and Seton Hall.........Tulsa was basically as good as Marquette prior to BE (besides Wade) and after Butch Lee/Al Macguire days............it's not the best league at all and I'd rather be in w/the Catholic schools no doubt but I'd also rather be UConn no matter what league they are in next year.......all will work out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom