OT: Looking for golf course recommendation in SE CT, Western RI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Looking for golf course recommendation in SE CT, Western RI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have never played 18 holes of golf, but I saw the title of this thread and had to chime in.

Considering that the entire state is maybe 15 miles wide, is it really meaningful to distinguish "western" Rhode Island?

Actually, you probably should have stayed quiet. Given that it takes 40 minutes to go through RI top to bottom, and I was trying to identify places more or less equidistant from me to meet a friend who lives near Boston, would it have made you less intrigued had I said extreme southwest RI? I pretty much have a good idea about the size of RI, my first serious UConn girlfriend being from North Kingstown and having driven to the Cape and Newport many times.

Reaction Score

Even Exeter is okay........

I'm playing 36 tomorrow at Winnapaug with some buddies from CT............just a fun course, originally a Ross design and has some good views out by the bay on the back 9.......when it's in good shape it's fun and it's a confidence booster too........:D

Reaction Score
Dog style.
Can't remember, embarrassed to say. A good friend of family who used to play there often knew him quite well, and talked about him a lot. Unfortunately, -o-f passed last year, and I just do not remember the name at this point. I'm sure someone at Shen would know all the details. I did meet kim several times, however. Super nice guy!

Reaction Score
I have never played 18 holes of golf, but I saw the title of this thread and had to chime in.

Considering that the entire state is maybe 15 miles wide, is it really meaningful to distinguish "western" Rhode Island?

It's a pain in the ass to get to Tiverton/Bristol/Barrington from the Connecticut side, so yeah, unless you want to add an extra hour each direction it does kind of matter.

Meadowbrook is the nicest public course I've played in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom