OT Greatest Single Lines From Movies | Page 18 | The Boneyard

OT Greatest Single Lines From Movies

Reaction Score
And, of course:

'Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.'

There are few movies with as many eminently quotable lines as "Casablanca."
And so many great stories about it. That incredible last line was added later because the shooting of the movie had ended and the lines were actually then dubbed over the footage. One of the reasons Ilsa is so convincing with her love for both men, in different ways, was because the writers didn't know how it was going to end as they were writing and filming at the same time so she had to be torn all throughout until that great scene of pure nobility at the airport. The movie was based on an unproduced play purchased for $20,000.00 at the time called Everybody Comes To Rick's. My favorite movie and # 2 on the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 films of the first 100 years of films. "As Time Goes By" was ranked the number 2 song in film. #1 is pretty obvious I think.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
"Can I have your watch when you are dead?"

"Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?"

Reaction Score
And so many great stories about it. That incredible last line was added later because the shooting of the movie had ended and the lines were actually then dubbed over the footage. One of the reasons Ilsa is so convincing with her love for both men, in different ways, was because the writers didn't know how it was going to end as they were writing and filming at the same time so she had to be torn all throughout until that great scene of pure nobility at the airport. The movie was based on an unproduced play purchased for $20,000.00 at the time called Everybody Comes To Rick's. My favorite movie and # 2 on the American Film Institute's list of the top 100 films of the first 100 years of films. "As Time Goes By" was ranked the number 2 song in film. #1 is pretty obvious I think.
No idea what #1 is- any hints?

Reaction Score
No idea what #1 is- any hints?
#3 is Singin ih the Rain, #4 is Moon River, #5 is White Christmas, #6 is "Mrs. Robinson", #7 is When You Wish Upon a Star., #8 is The Way We Were, #9 is Staying Alive, #10 is The Sound of Music.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Spoken by one of my two favorite Gabbys:

Get over there, you sidewinder, or I'll let daylight through your hide!

The speaker couldn't high jump, far as I remember.

C9AFB7D7-E9BC-45C9-9572-6392295DA64A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Over the Rainbow, I almost guessed it. Also thought it might be White Christmas too

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'soylent green is people!'

and,
edward g - 'son of a b, i haven't eaten like this in years!'
chuck - 'i never ate like this.'

50% of all protein consumed here is chicken. a very bad reality.
believe it or not, still true.
a friend recently said 'u have a very old eating style' after i went on and on aboot smoked and pickled fish.
i said, 'there are lots of old people in my family, and they're the ones who taught me how to eat, and so i, like they, learned to eat everything. it's quite liberating, and healthy, too.'
i made breaded fried turkey wings and thighs for a group last week.
no one had ever had it, everyone totally enjoyed it.
lamb shoulder, veal breast, duck, bluefish, and on and on are slowly disappearing from the menu.
peel a cucumber? why? there's life in that skin. chomp it.
yeppers, farmed jellyfish is a lot closer as food to some of us now than when this movie was made.
what happened to all the corn dishes? polenta, mamliga, etc. great food.
gramps says something called 'indian corn pudding' was a common restaurant desert way back.
'Governor Santini is brought to you today by Soylent Red, and Soylent Yellow. And, new, delicious, Soylent Green: The "miracle food" of high energy plankton, gathered from the oceans of the world. Due to its enormous popularity, Soylent Green is in short supply, so remember—Tuesday is Soylent Green day.'
protein shakes, ensure, pediasure, etc, etc, sure, that's how millions of years of evolution designed us. or not.

Reaction Score
To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.

Reaction Score
I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing.

Reaction Score
"When people ask what happened here, tell them 'The North remembers'......tell them... 'Winter came for House Frey'"

Reaction Score
'soylent green is people!'

and,
edward g - 'son of a b, i haven't eaten like this in years!'
chuck - 'i never ate like this.'

50% of all protein consumed here is chicken. a very bad reality.
believe it or not, still true.
a friend recently said 'u have a very old eating style' after i went on and on aboot smoked and pickled fish.
i said, 'there are lots of old people in my family, and they're the ones who taught me how to eat, and so i, like they, learned to eat everything. it's quite liberating, and healthy, too.'
i made breaded fried turkey wings and thighs for a group last week.
no one had ever had it, everyone totally enjoyed it.
lamb shoulder, veal breast, duck, bluefish, and on and on are slowly disappearing from the menu.
peel a cucumber? why? there's life in that skin. chomp it.
yeppers, farmed jellyfish is a lot closer as food to some of us now than when this movie was made.
what happened to all the corn dishes? polenta, mamliga, etc. great food.
gramps says something called 'indian corn pudding' was a common restaurant desert way back.
'Governor Santini is brought to you today by Soylent Red, and Soylent Yellow. And, new, delicious, Soylent Green: The "miracle food" of high energy plankton, gathered from the oceans of the world. Due to its enormous popularity, Soylent Green is in short supply, so remember—Tuesday is Soylent Green day.'
protein shakes, ensure, pediasure, etc, etc, sure, that's how millions of years of evolution designed us. or not.

Indian Pudding can be made at home. I am not that ambitious. It used to be served as a dessert at the Public House in Sturbridge, Ma, and in other inns in Massachusetts. Vanilla ice cream on top was standard fare.

Here's the online recipe for you:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'i ain't got nuthin against you people. i ain't got nuthin against any people.'

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sooo many to choose from. freakin empire going on here, for decades. movies, tv shows, animated series, all kinds of famous folks joining in the hijinx, and now, they've taken over tiktok.
the heroes of canuckistan.
'im on top of the liquor. i am the monkey in charge of bananas.'

cheers, jenitals!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01