OT Greatest Single Lines From Movies | Page 20 | The Boneyard

OT Greatest Single Lines From Movies

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the movie, but I enjoyed the book.
It was a fun movie. And in real Anthony Quinn and Anna Magnani hated each other. So any of the scenes that they fight, it's kind of real. They aren't acting!:)

I'm sure though that the book was much better as the usually are.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
uggggh! this thread is about 'the greatest single lines" huh?

it's pathetic that so many of these selections are so far off that mark. some posters -- not all -- have come up wanting. it's a terrible blow to the BY reputation as a witty and insightful forum. YUK!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Sometimes I wonder, when it gets too quiet up there, if You are thinking, "What kind of mischief can I play on My friend Tevye?'

Reaction Score
Over the Rainbow, I almost guessed it. Also thought it might be White Christmas too
Also voted the greatest song of the 20th century by the Recording Industry Association of America. Important to remember that the movie came out during the Depression and it was set in Kansas in the Dust Bowl right next to the Okies of Grapes of Wrath fame. It is a song of hope that reverberated across America as people struggled to be able to survive.

Reaction Score
Also voted the greatest song of the 20th century by the Recording Industry Association of America. Important to remember that the movie came out during the Depression and it was set in Kansas in the Dust Bowl right next to the Okies of Grapes of Wrath fame. It is a song of hope that reverberated across America as people struggled to be able to
Also voted the greatest song of the 20th century by the Recording Industry Association of America. Important to remember that the movie came out during the Depression and it was set in Kansas in the Dust Bowl right next to the Okies of Grapes of Wrath fame. It is a song of hope that reverberated across America as people struggled to be able to survive.
The version of “Over the Rainbow” by Eva Cassidy is the best one I’ve ever heard- hauntingly, mesmerizingly beautiful

Reaction Score
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once, dear; she drove me to drink. That's the one thing I'm indebted to her for."

Reaction Score
uggggh! this thread is about 'the greatest single lines" huh?

it's pathetic that so many of these selections are so far off that mark. some posters -- not all -- have come up wanting. it's a terrible blow to the BY reputation as a witty and insightful forum. YUK!
Thinking can be a messy business.

Reaction Score
The version of “Over the Rainbow” by Eva Cassidy is the best one I’ve ever heard- hauntingly, mesmerizingly beautiful
Yes, just listened to it. Really great. Also the version by "Iz" on the ukulele is terrific too. In the movie The Wizard of Oz, the first three stanzas of the original song are cut out. No to be denied, Lady Gaga sings them in the opening scene of "A Star is Born".

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

"By all means, move at a glacial pace; you know how that thrills me."​

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member