OT- Coach P - tabbed as new Bears LB coach? | The Boneyard

OT- Coach P - tabbed as new Bears LB coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or did this article not reference his last role as UConn head football coach?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The picture at the top of the article has the following caption:

Connecticut coach Paul Pasqualoni does not look happy on the sidelines during a 33-18 loss to Towson at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn. on Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013. (Stephen Dunn/Hartford Courant/MCT) (STEPHEN DUNN / MCT / August 29, 2013)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So for what position are they hiring GDL? Interior decorator of PPs new office?
Well I hear he has some play wallpaper that he's not using anymore.

Reaction Score
Does he realize that he will be going up against offenses that have playbooks with more than "run to the right, run to the left, run up the middle"?

Reaction Score
Had to read the comments at the end of the article. Some were very telling. I'm just glad he is no longer here.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Are they filming Cocoon 3 with GDL in the staring role?

Reaction Score
I just don't see how anyone would hire him as coach(even as a position coach), after the horrid job he did at UCONN.

Reaction Score
I just don't see how anyone would hire him as coach(even as a position coach), after the horrid job he did at UCONN.

He would only be the zillionth head coach that failed that got a job elsewhere. And many of them were far worse than P.

Reaction Score
You need to look at the whole body of his work. He might have been at the wrong place at the wrong time at UCONN but people in the know appreciate his coaching skills. He didn't turn UCONN around after Edsall but he still can coach. At this point linebacker coach for the Bears is a good gig considering all that has transpired.
in his career a position coach in the NFL is probably a good place to be.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You need to look at the whole body of his work. He might have been at the wrong place at the wrong time at UCONN but people in the know appreciate his coaching skills. He didn't turn UCONN around after Edsall but he still can coach. At this point linebacker coach for the Bears is a good gig considering all that has transpired.
He took a uconn team on the rise and made us mediocre. I don't appreciate any of his 'coaching skills'

Reaction Score

Didn't turn it around after Edsall? Are you kidding? The program did a 180. He was a self centered, know it all who refused to admit he was wrong. He did not care about the program. He only cared about himself and GDL.

....and he's old. :cool:

Reaction Score
He refused to fire his incompetent buddy. Was GDL paying him 1.6 million or was the school? His loyalty should have been to the school first and GDL second.

Thief!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The tone on this board always seems to be that PP failed because of GDL. I hope I am just mis-reading that sentiment. Even if PP fired GDL two years ago, PP still would have been a complete disaster.

To me, GDL was not the cause of PP's downfall, it was a symption of the problem with PP (he was set in his ways, was not willing to change or consider alternatives to what he succeeded with 20 years ago, and hadn't evolved with the game over the past 10 years). While GDL was a complete failure, I feel like he gets too much of the blame for the downfall. Again, he was horrible...but I feel like he was a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom