OT: Boyle still hanging on | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Boyle still hanging on

Reaction Score
I’m excited to see Tim play. One of the more interesting things to do while making small talk over the holiday weekend. It would be awesome to see him put up some big numbers.

Reaction Score
It’s an “unnecessary” cheap shot. Imagine you being appointed by the Governor to be the acting Attorney General after the current one is incapacitated. There’s an article written about you, your qualifications and how you rose through the ranks. And at the end it says, “while he’s been steadily moving up the ladder and is finally getting a well deserved chance at a leadership role, lets not forget that in law school he lost the moot court competition.”
That wouldn't be a cheap shot -- that would be my bio. If you want a public job, your job qualifications and history in the job is hardly a secret no one is supposed to talk about.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It’s an “unnecessary” cheap shot. Imagine you being appointed by the Governor to be the acting Attorney General after the current one is incapacitated. There’s an article written about you, your qualifications and how you rose through the ranks. And at the end it says, “while he’s been steadily moving up the ladder and is finally getting a well deserved chance at a leadership role, lets not forget that in law school he lost the moot court competition.”
I kind of like the sounds of AG BL.

Reaction Score
And 2 NFL qbs from Xavier Middletown means some talent is available in this state.
There’s been a few. One from Shelton, another from Ansonia, one from Greenwich, one from Norwalk, and a couple others I can’t remember.

Reaction Score
There’s been a few. One from Shelton, another from Ansonia, one from Greenwich, one from Norwalk, and a couple others I can’t remember.
First time for 2 from the same hs (from CT), and both are active now.

Reaction Score
First time for 2 from the same hs (from CT), and both are active now.
I followed Levis from his days at Xavier, then Kentucky, and now with the Titans. A remarkable journey for him.

Reaction Score
Tough ending of first half for Boyle. His "Hail Mary" pass attempt was intercepted for something like a 95-yard pick six.

Reaction Score
First we have DanO's stigma of running out of his own endzone, now we have this: Boyle throwing a pick-six on a Hail Mary. SMH what is is about football and anything related to UConn that puts a curse on it? :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That play looked like it happened I slow motion all the way. Nobody really trying.

Reaction Score
Main problem with the hail mary pick 6 was ball was thrown short. There is always a crowd of people in the end zone on a hail Mary. The ball is usually either batted down. Caught or intercepted in the crowd. This ball was intercepted in front of the crowd with most of the skill players in the end zone. All he had to beat was a QB, Breece Hall and a bunch of linemen.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
First we have DanO's stigma of running out of his own endzone, now we have this: Boyle throwing a pick-six on a Hail Mary. SMH what is is about football and anything related to UConn that puts a curse on it? :confused:

Do they link Boyle to UConn when saying the college he is from? Or do they say Eastern KY? I feel like he doesn't get mentioned as a QB for UConn and TBH, and I never felt like he played enough for me to feel like he was someone I'd mention as a past starting QB if I had to name them off the top of my head. Not a knock on him but I just don't remember him starting too many games, which I'm sure he actually did. I'm pretty sure this is nothing like Dan O running out of the end zone.

Reaction Score
I kind of like the sounds of AG BL.
The good: we would have an AG who would be using their power to promote UConn athletics.

The bad: the current AG is a friend. Not taking his job.

The Mrs. BL wouldn’t allow it: Not taking the salary cut at my age (until it would be time to otherwise retire — I guess I could then take it as a hobby job).

Reaction Score
Tough ending of first half for Boyle. His "Hail Mary" pass attempt was intercepted for something like a 95-yard pick six.
Hard to blame Boyle for the lack of effort on that play and the complete ineptitude of the team. Looks like a few of them have already mentally checked out for the season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Do they link Boyle to UConn when saying the college he is from? Or do they say Eastern KY? I feel like he doesn't get mentioned as a QB for UConn and TBH, and I never felt like he played enough for me to feel like he was someone I'd mention as a past starting QB if I had to name them off the top of my head. Not a knock on him but I just don't remember him starting too many games, which I'm sure he actually did. I'm pretty sure this is nothing like Dan O running out of the end zone.
This article mentions UConn. As in "His numbers as a collegiate quarterback during his three seasons in the extreme dysfunction of Bob Diaco's Connecticut Huskies were shockingly bad..."

Reaction Score
He's a Eastern KY QB that spent early part of his career at UCONN. He shouldn't ever be listed as an accomplishment for UCONN football. That coaching staff did everything they could (not purposely) to ruin his career.

Reaction Score
Boyle was an awful college quarterback.

I wish people would just say he is an EKU product.

The fact that he is still hanging on illustrates that you don’t need to good, in fact you can be really really really really bad and be a back up in the NFL.

Reaction Score
He's a Eastern KY QB that spent early part of his career at UCONN. He shouldn't ever be listed as an accomplishment for UCONN football. That coaching staff did everything they could (not purposely) to ruin his career.

He spent one year at EKU and wasn’t good there either. Threw more INTs than TDs, got benched and went 4-7.

He can’t throw a catchable ball.

Reaction Score
Mentioned UConn during last weeks game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom