OT: Augusts Tech Tips® | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Augusts Tech Tips®

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You see. This is why I should be President.
Im a better businessman then Trump.
Look how I grew my business in one hour. Already 3 people on staff.
I make excellent deals. And Ive surrounded myself with the best people. Just tremendous.
Yuge!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I make excellent deals. And Ive surrounded myself with the best people. Just tremendous.
Wait is this a paid position?!?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Trump would have charged per letter already. . Your monetization strategy sucks.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yeah, because I want Google to also track my typing.

August - you really are a commie.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wait is this a paid position?!?

I'll pay you per page view and output. Kinda like how Spotify pays musicians

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Here's one for the Android users. Airdroid

Really cool app that syncs your phone to your computer so you can get and receive texts on your regular computer and you can drag and drop files to transfer things over your wifi network instead of having to plug in a USB cable to load pictures. You can check your call logs. It's free for limited use (only so many texts or files) but I think it's 500 or something so not extremely limiting.

Reaction Score
Meh. I think Augie blew his wad with this gboard thing. I'd be amazed if anything from this point forward was half as good.

Reaction Score
Anybody have any good web browser recommendations for iOS? I use Mercury Web Browser (and Atomic Web Browser before that) and I like it well enough but it has a few quirks that have grown tiresome and can crash at times. I can't stand Safari. I don't mind paying for a fully featured decent one either, but would like to hear some thoughts on them first.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anybody have any good web browser recommendations for iOS? I use Mercury Web Browser (and Atomic Web Browser before that) and I like it well enough but it has a few quirks that have grown tiresome and can crash at times. I can't stand Safari. I don't mind paying for a fully featured decent one either, but would like to hear some thoughts on them first.
I find myself flipping between safari, chrome, and opera... Probably in that order. I was big on Chrome until they dropped data compression recently in favor of better rendering (understandable trade off)... If they bring that feature back, I'll probably switch back.

Reaction Score
I find myself flipping between safari, chrome, and opera... Probably in that order. I was big on Chrome until they dropped data compression recently in favor of better rendering (understandable trade off)... If they bring that feature back, I'll probably switch back.
Yea, I've used Chrome. I find it kills my battery super quick. Maybe it's gotten better in subsequent updates.

This Gboard is pretty sweet, thanks @August_West!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yea, I've used Chrome. I find it kills my battery super quick. Maybe it's gotten better in subsequent updates.

This Gboard is pretty sweet, thanks @August_West!

I would try Dolphin - it's pretty fast and it's not the battery-crusher that Chrome tends to be.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would try Dolphin - it's pretty fast and it's not the battery-crusher that Chrome tends to be.

Dolphin's great. My only gripe is that ESPN pages constantly reload like aer, even when you're in the middle of reading an article. Maybe it's a setting thing I haven't bothered to look up, but it doesn't do it for other websites.

Also, the browser is so stripped down (a good thing), you need to add a couple of extensions right off the bat. imo though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dolphin's great. My only gripe is that ESPN pages constantly reload like a motherf-er, even when you're in the middle of reading an article. Maybe it's a setting thing I haven't bothered to look up, but it doesn't do it for other websites.

Also, the browser is so stripped down (a good thing), you need to add a couple of extensions right off the bat. imo though.

The iOS version is basically stand-alone - you won't need to do anything to it.

Themes, options to load desktop or mobile versions of sites, ad-blockers, etc.

It loads ESPN fine - I haven't had the same issue, although that website is a pain in the ass in general.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you are taking requests, here is one my IT people can't seem to solve.

I have 6 email accounts/4 calendars that I have to juggle
Personal (ISP) - informal
Personal - spam
Personal - formal
Corporate (Enterprise/Third Party Hosted Domain)
Client (Outlook Enterprise Remote On-line access)
Public (Gmail)

Is there an app that will allow me to combine these (esp the calendars) on my android phone? Currently, I can access all but the client email directly. The client email is accessed through the very tired browser based Outlook lite. The schedules are the worst. The meeting requests don't show up in the android mail app. I need to download the .vcs files to the phone individually and can't respond to Outlook appt's. The phone has it's own gmail account used solely for provider signup that I never look at.

I'm probably asking too much on the client server, but if the others can be integrated, I can just use an auto forward rule for those.

I supposed I could set up a private server and force everyone to use that email address, but that doesn't sound so smart.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If you are taking requests, here is one my IT people can't seem to solve.

I have 6 email accounts/4 calendars that I have to juggle
Personal (ISP) - informal
Personal - spam
Personal - formal
Corporate (Enterprise/Third Party Hosted Domain)
Client (Outlook Enterprise Remote On-line access)
Public (Gmail)

Is there an app that will allow me to combine these (esp the calendars) on my android phone? Currently, I can access all but the client email directly. The client email is accessed through the very tired browser based Outlook lite. The schedules are the worst. The meeting requests don't show up in the android mail app. I need to download the .vcs files to the phone individually and can't respond to Outlook appt's. The phone has it's own gmail account used solely for provider signup that I never look at.

I'm probably asking too much on the client server, but if the others can be integrated, I can just use an auto forward rule for those.

I supposed I could set up a private server and force everyone to use that email address, but that doesn't sound so smart.

Well for starters why do you use the outlook lite for the client connection? Can you not make a direct exchange connection on the android via OWA?

You are asking a few different questions which is fine but we're going to need to separate.

I mean on the surface your request seems easy in that the android calendar can sync all together via color code. This is obvious which I'm sure you know. So I'm going to assume you don't need help there. If in wrong let me know.

Same with Email. Are you not running " combined view" ?

What am I missing?

However you are mentioning some different issues too with meeting invites not showing up......
That can be an issue that I've seen there are some workarounds but I've seen it unsolved too depending on a few factors.

So..........

I need a little more info.
What are the calendar/ meeting requests originating from, outlook ( exchange ) to gmail? Gmail to gmail ? Exchange to exchange? By exchange I mean outlook based.
None of you issues seem to be troubling except the meeting invites that needs to be dug into a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom