Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dude
Look where the program ended up and where I said it would end up if Ollie was given the job for which he was utterly unqualified. You have no idea what would have occurred in the championship year had someone else been named nor do I. I admit that I liked Shaka who I think would have been a better fit at UConn than he was at Texas. Good enough to win it all? We’ll never know. In any case after Calhoun’s recruits left Ollie drove everything over a cliff. Or, Dude, do you think Ollie’s coach on the floor experience that you loved made him a great coach you predicted?

It says it all that you didn't show up here in 2014 to celebrate the national championship.

Reaction Score
Your reading comprehension is incredibly bad, or you are deliberately reaching. I hope it is the latter since you are supposedly an educated man.

So, let me ask again, any idea why the NCAA thinks the Ollie matter is grounds for a show cause matter but the Miles matter was not?

Still waiting....

I just replied to this above. Both the NCAA and the university thought the Miles matter was more serious, which you can tell by the punishment delivered and the self-punishment. That much is obvious. Here it is again since you didn't get it the first 10 times:

"But the NCAA did make clear the severity with which it viewed UConn's violations, which centered primarily on former manager-turned-agent Josh Nochimson and player Nate Miles, who enrolled at the university but was expelled in October 2008 before playing a game.

Thomas said there were "extraordinary steps taken by the university to recruit a top prospective student-athlete to its men's basketball program. The director of athletics [Jeff Hathaway] stated it was the most intense he'd ever seen [Calhoun] about the recruitment of a prospect. In his zeal to get the prospect admitted to the university, the head coach allowed a booster, who was a certified agent, served as the manager of the men's basketball team during his enrollment at UConn, to be involved in the recruitment process."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, me saying you took money in a scheme to perpetrate a fraud on the NCAA in cahoots with Ollie is ok, no harm to your reputation; and even if there is harm to your reputation you're a nobody so what does it matter.
If you say you didn't get the money, seems like you would have filed an IRS document that was consistent with that; hmmmm, so you are saying I filed an intentionally fraudulent tax return?

I'd say damage to her reputation is HUGE, if it gets to trial and she proves her case by a preponderance of the evidence (just more than 50%). Seems like it would be a big deal to have some yokel from the NCAA at my door askin' "Hear you took some money from Ollie to have your son go to UConn, we would like you to talk to us about this".

Really? 1. Nobody knows who she is. 2. Nobody she knows knows anything about this. They probably don't know who Kevin Ollie is. So how has she lost any income or suffered any actual damages as a result of this?

Point two, Miller stated it privately to the NCAA. It was UConn that provided it more publicly, and UConn did that upon the request of Ollie. So Ollie is the one who caused it to be published.

Reaction Score
I have a timely question. Did Shonn agree to come to UConn prior to this alleged event? If so, Ollie could that GM allegation is false because the cash given wasn't an inducement to join UConn.
# 8 & 9 in the departed’s filing appears to suggest before a commitment to play for him

Reaction Score
I'm just saying, these allegations are way too specific to "not be at all true" or "completely false" in my opinion.
Even # 16’s “... somewhere in the neighborhood, I think, of $30,000 to move from [redacted] to Connecticut ...” appears to be suspiciously specific.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is great; the two users that are least likely to ever admit they are wrong are in an argument with each other. If Tom doesn't step in and lock the thread, I could see this challenging the Hamidou and Hurley threads for number of pages.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just replied to this above. Both the NCAA and the university thought the Miles matter was more serious, which you can tell by the punishment delivered and the self-punishment. That much is obvious. Here it is again since you didn't get it the first 10 times:
Nope you are still dancing around it. Really you need to read what you link. It doesn't say what you think (or at least allege) it does.

In any event, the show cause order is the strongest weapon against an individual in the NCAA arsenal. It is the equivalent to the institutional "death penalty." If the Ollie matter is less serious than Miles matter, why has the NCAA indicated it will access the death penalty against Ollie but did not access it against Moore.

That is the question I keep asking and you keep dancing around. Do you have an answer?

CL82

Reaction Score
Even # 16’s “... somewhere in the neighborhood, I think, of $30,000 to move from [redacted] to Connecticut ...” appears to be suspiciously specific.
Yeah especially here:

Reaction Score
Nope you are still dancing around it. Really you need to read what you link. It doesn't say what you think (or at least allege) it does.

In any event, the show cause order is the strongest weapon against an individual in the NCAA arsenal. It is the equivalent to the institutional "death penalty." If the Ollie matter is less serious than Miles matter, why has the NCAA indicated it will access the death penalty against Ollie but did not access it against Moore.

That is the question I keep asking and you keep dancing around. Do you have an answer?

I can't believe you wrote what you just wrote.

The death penalty for paying to send players to a trainer?

Really?

Look at the difference in punishments!!!

Entirely different.

I bet you are the only one who thinks the trainer/Georgia case is more serious than the Miles case.

We got 3 years probation, 3 years loss of scholarships, a tournament ban, free reign for our players to leave. The coach was even suspended from coaching!!!

Are you serious?

Reaction Score
Upstate will from now on be referred to as Tauro Nakamura the last Japanese holdout discovered in 1972. Upstate will be arguing Ollie should have stayed or at least be paid in 30 years.

OLLIE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED AFTER 2015.

Still doesn't explain why you rooted against him in 2014.

Reaction Score
This is great; the two users that are least likely to ever admit they are wrong are in an argument with each other. If Tom doesn't step in and lock the thread, I could see this challenging the Hamidou and Hurley threads for number of pages.
As JMick pointed out, it's the slap fight of all slap fights. Fishy should give both of them wedgies.

CL82

Reaction Score
I can't believe you wrote what you just wrote.

The death penalty for paying to send players to a trainer?

Really?

Look at the difference in punishments!!!

Entirely different.

I bet you are the only one who thinks the trainer/Georgia case is more serious than the Miles case.

We got 3 years probation, 3 years loss of scholarships, a tournament ban, free reign for our players to leave. The coach was even suspended from coaching!!!

Are you serious?
Still no answer. I'll ask again, the show cause order is the strongest weapon against an individual in the NCAA arsenal. It is the equivalent to the institutional "death penalty." If the Ollie matter is less serious than Miles matter, why has the NCAA indicated it will access the death penalty against Ollie but did not access it against Moore?

Perhaps you do not know what a NCAA show cause order is. Do you need me to explain it?

Reaction Score
I think what the allege KO did if proven warrants for cause. I also think JC is a legend but got sloppy and hungry for one more title in the end. His actions appeared to be looking the other way. Additionally is GM is discredited through this process, which to me seems a real possibility, especially if the "3rd party" comes forward, that does nothing but help KO. Even though the NCAA and Uconn did not make reference to the payments, any thing GM said is much easier discredited. No of this is going away soon. As far as recruiting???....pretty easy to imagine other coaches talking about alleged payments(probably while making illegal payments)and the possibility of a ban from the tourney.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Performs a physical act on a male.
Medic "beat" you to it.

Vancat was completely on point. It's amazing that someone translated that as "inhaler." Make no sense. Why not just use "[expletive]?"

C

Chief00

Really? 1. Nobody knows who she is. 2. Nobody she knows knows anything about this. They probably don't know who Kevin Ollie is. So how has she lost any income or suffered any actual damages as a result of this?

Point two, Miller stated it privately to the NCAA. It was UConn that provided it more publicly, and UConn did that upon the request of Ollie. So Ollie is the one who caused it to be published.
I keep going back to your # 2 point. It’s almost difficult to take any of this seriously.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I keep going back to your # 2 point. It’s almost difficult to take any of this seriously.

Was it Ollie’s FOIA requests? I though they were the media’s.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: Former UConn coach Kevin stokes the flames in his long-game move to sue ex-coach for slander

Ouch...
>>Why would Ollie make this play? Because if you're attacking something the way Ollie is attacking defense of his reputation and protection of his future, you aim to take down or damage anyone involved or nearby. If this much advanced strategy and energy went into coaching his teams in 2016-18, Ollie would probably be a two-time AAC coach of the year instead of a guy fired after consecutive losing seasons.<<

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: Former UConn coach Kevin stokes the flames in his long-game move to sue ex-coach for slander

Ouch...
>>Why would Ollie make this play? Because if you're attacking something the way Ollie is attacking defense of his reputation and protection of his future, you aim to take down or damage anyone involved or nearby. If this much advanced strategy and energy went into coaching his teams in 2016-18, Ollie would probably be a two-time AAC coach of the year instead of a guy fired after consecutive losing seasons.<<

Best line in the column.

Reaction Score
Was it Ollie’s FOIA requests? I though they were the media’s.
Not a lawyer but my understanding is that KO’s FOIA request opened the door to the media FOIA requests.

>>UConn spokeswoman Stephanie Reitz released a statement saying, “UConn released the documents in direct response to a Freedom of Information request by Mr. Ollie’s own attorneys. Other parties, including the media, also requested and received these same documents as required by Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in Connecticut. The FOIA, which governs public agencies such as the University, does not permit the selective release of public records to certain parties while denying those same records to others.” <<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
>>UConn spokeswoman Stephanie Reitz released a statement saying, “UConn released the documents in direct response to a Freedom of Information request by Mr. Ollie’s own attorneys. Other parties, including the media, also requested and received these same documents as required by Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in Connecticut. The FOIA, which governs public agencies such as the University, does not permit the selective release of public records to certain parties while denying those same records to others.” <<

So would the media have not gotten them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom