OK, Who got ripped the worst? | The Boneyard

OK, Who got ripped the worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I agree with Michelle Smith and Charlie Cream. Stanford. Not right. They were one and SC a three, and Louisville a 2. What do you think? Who else got it bad?

Reaction Score
I agree with Michelle Smith and Charlie Cream. Stanford. Not right. They were one and SC a three, and Louisville a 2. What do you think? Who else got it bad?
No way Louisville isn't in the top 8

Reaction Score
I think Stanford should have been the one. I have a hard time disagreeing with Louisville as a 3. Their OOC schedule was weak. And it isn't like they only lost by a couple of points each time they played UConn the way UConn's losses to ND played out last year. South Carolina is a head scratcher.

Reaction Score
It might not matter, but I think Albany is better than a 15 seed. Last years tournament they played UNC tough in a first round 14-3 match up in Delaware. This year they went 28-4 and in December were down by 8 at halftime at duke, not to bad. I am not saying they will beat West Virginia in the First round, but they have talent and it might be closer then some may think.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
How does univ of so carolina get a one and Louiville a three

South Carolina is a better team than Louisville?

The committee apparently got my message that USC is a very good team.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Rutgers got robbed the most. Probably the UMass loss made the difference. However, they beat Georgia and also have a better overall record with a stronger OOC schedule.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I think Stanford should have been the one. I have a hard time disagreeing with Louisville as a 3. Their OOC schedule was weak. And it isn't like they only lost by a couple of points each time they played UConn the way UConn's losses to ND played out last year. South Carolina is a head scratcher.

Gotta wonder if it really matters. Until the regional finals the top teams should roll thru the tournament, and Stanford ultimately should be on their home court.

Reaction Score
Gotta wonder if it really matters. Until the regional finals the top teams should roll thru the tournament, and Stanford ultimately should be on their home court.

Yeah and I think penn st is an easier matchup than UNC

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
3 Pac 12 teams from California(Stanford, Cal and USC) and none go to Los Angeles for the sub regional.
Instead they go to Knoxville, Waco and Ames?

So much for geography............unless todays LA earthquake had something to do with greener pastures back east.

Reaction Score

Women's basketball has the worst and most uneducated pundits.

Stanford got ripped off? They actually got a huge giant gift.

1. They avoid North Carolina the 4 and instead play the 3 Penn State, Penn State just got murdered by Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament, UNC is much much tougher for Stanford than PSU is.

2. They can play the "lack of respect" card for USC getting the 1 seed.

As for playing in Ames it's not ideal but come on, 1 and 2 seeds should be able to beat 7-9 seeds anywhere.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How does univ of so carolina get a one and Louiville a three

Louisville's best win is against a non-top 25 team. No way do they deserve a 1, I don't even think they have a strong argument for a 2 seed with zero quality wins.

Reaction Score
Louisville's best win is against a non-top 25 team. No way do they deserve a 1, I don't even think they have a strong argument for a 2 seed with zero quality wins.

Didn't Stanford have more quality wins than S Carolina?

bballnut90

Reaction Score

One more win than South Carolina. Stanford has Purdue (#4 seed), Texas (#5) and Tennessee (#1)

South Carolina has Kentucky twice (#3 seed)

Stanford also has 2 bad losses--Washington (didn't make the tournament) and USC (#9 seed). South Carolina's 4 losses were to a 1 seed, two 3 seeds and a 4 seed.

Regardless, both of these teams deserved (and received) higher seeds than Louisville, and Stanford got a better draw as a 2 than they would have as a 1. If I'm Stanford, I'd MUCH rather play Penn State than North Carolina in the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score

Charlie states so below, 4 top 50 wins and better SOS.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/tournament/2014/story/_/id/10624590/women-ncaa-tournament-2014-making-sense-women-bracket

My take on Tara's reaction is that the seeding doesn't matter, but she doesn't like going that far. "The people who are punished the most are our fans," VanDerveer said. "All I hear from the NCAA is the fans, the fans, the fans."

She and the players looked a bit stunned in the locker room after the bracket was announced. Maybe Taylor Greenfield will play better as she is from Iowa.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
So USC-Columbia has to go to Seattle, then to Palo Alto. Do they just stay out west for 10-14 days?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Charlie states so below, 4 top 50 wins and better SOS.
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...aa-tournament-2014-making-sense-women-bracket

My take on Tara's reaction is that the seeding doesn't matter, but she doesn't like going that far. "The people who are punished the most are our fans," VanDerveer said. "All I hear from the NCAA is the fans, the fans, the fans."

She and the players looked a bit stunned in the locker room after the bracket was announced. Maybe Taylor Greenfield will play better as she is from Iowa.

The article definitely makes some good points. Neither team finished the season strong, it may have come down to the fact that Stanford lost to USC (a team who might not make the tournament without that win) while South Carolina lost to Kentucky, a team that has beat Baylor, Louisville, and Tennessee. At any rate, I'd say the Cards have a much better Sweet 16 matchup than South Carolina (assuming they don't lose in the 2nd round.)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yeah and I think penn st is an easier matchup than UNC
It depends on which UNC team shows up to play.

I think South Carolina got the last 1 seed because we had no bad losses and won, what the committee considered to be the toughest wbb conference this season.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
One more win than South Carolina. Stanford has Purdue (#4 seed), Texas (#5) and Tennessee (#1)

South Carolina has Kentucky twice (#3 seed)

Stanford also has 2 bad losses--Washington (didn't make the tournament) and USC (#9 seed). South Carolina's 4 losses were to a 1 seed, two 3 seeds and a 4 seed.

Regardless, both of these teams deserved (and received) higher seeds than Louisville, and Stanford got a better draw as a 2 than they would have as a 1. If I'm Stanford, I'd MUCH rather play Penn State than North Carolina in the Sweet 16.
I agree; North Carolina worries me a lot more than Penn State would.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah but Uconn beat #2 Stanford by the same kind of margin and #2 Duke by the same kind of margin. And talk about a weak OOC - Carolina played a dreadful OOC

Reaction Score
The article definitely makes some good points. Neither team finished the season strong, it may have come down to the fact that Stanford lost to USC (a team who might not make the tournament without that win) while South Carolina lost to Kentucky, a team that has beat Baylor, Louisville, and Tennessee. At any rate, I'd say the Cards have a much better Sweet 16 matchup than South Carolina (assuming they don't lose in the 2nd round.)

Stanford beat TN which seems to get lost in the discussion. Stanford had the much stronger SOS than SC and rather than getting credit for that, they were dinged more for the recent loss, just as SC was dinged by being sent to Seattle and Palo Alto.

Reaction Score
Yeah but Uconn beat #2 Stanford by the same kind of margin and #2 Duke by the same kind of margin. And talk about a weak OOC - Carolina played a dreadful OOC

The same margin means little given the Stanford game was at UConn on Nov. 11th, barely 3.5 weeks after official practice began. Also, Stanford has a much younger and less talented team than Duke. Plus, Duke played at home vs. UConn 5 weeks later, so I think Duke should have played Uconn much closer.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The same margin means little given the Stanford game was at UConn on Nov. 11th, barely 3.5 weeks after official practice began. Also, Stanford has a much younger and less talented team than Duke. Plus, Duke played at home vs. UConn 5 weeks later, so I think Duke should have played Uconn much closer.
I was just saying that complaining that Louisville not playing Uconn closer means they were not worthy of a two seed is bogus if the other 'two seeds' (and I think Stanford should have been a #1) Uconn played didn't come any closer. Heck, losing to Uconn by 20 is about the equivalent of beating TN by 5 or LSU by 15 in my mind!:rolleyes::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom