Offbeat Holiday Movies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Offbeat Holiday Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I used to have a big thing for Anna Faris.

I had a big thing for Amy smart.

I even really like that role for her as the girl next door type.

But it was made out to be hilarious. And besides the Christmas lights destruction scene it really wasn’t imo.

Reaction Score
Fire up the Fast and Furious series for some good "family" fun....take a swig of the egg nog whenever Vin says 'family'

the Q

Reaction Score
Fire up the Fast and Furious series for some good "family" fun....take a swig of the egg nog whenever Vin says 'family'

He wants to enjoy the holiday...not die

Reaction Score
I had a big thing for Amy smart.

I even really like that role for her as the girl next door type.

But it was made out to be hilarious. And besides the Christmas lights destruction scene it really wasn’t imo.

It was 90 minutes of Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds. If you are tired of that I can totally see why you wouldn’t enjoy it that much. And Amy Smart is definitely the highlight of the movie.

Best line from the movie, about why Dinklemen is not to be feared as a rival for Amy Smarts attention, “he’s Jersey ... he ski’s in his jeans”.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
people who do not watch either snoopy's or ralphy's yuletide tours de force, repeatedly, are sacrilegious, straight up heathens, and should immediately light candles of penance, cuz
'he see's you when ur sleeping, he knows when ur awake, he knows when you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!'
now, please open your hymnals to page 43, and joyfully humm along.

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
It was 90 minutes of Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds. If you are tired of that I can totally see why you wouldn’t enjoy it that much. And Amy Smart is definitely the highlight of the movie.

Best line from the movie, about why Dinklemen is not to be feared as a rival for Amy Smarts attention, “he’s Jersey ... he ski’s in his jeans”.

I love love love van wilder and Deadpool.

Something about this version just didn’t grab me. I can’t put my finger on it, but it just didn’t hit.

Yes that is a good line. I’m a fan of all shots at New Jersey

Reaction Score
Solid XMas related portions of movie not necessarily about XMas:

Trading Places
Lethal Weapon
LA Confidential
Harry Potter 1
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Mean Girls
The Godfather

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I haven’t seen Toys of Terror which is right up my alley. Krampus!! Thats crazy! Thought there was a second one coming out.
The commercials are the best part of this movie.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Solid XMas related portions of movie not necessarily about XMas:

Trading Places
Lethal Weapon
LA Confidential
Harry Potter 1
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Mean Girls
The Godfather

Is XMas like Festivus?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Among recent movies, The Christmas Chronicles is wonderful. Snake Pliskin is blend Santa and Jake Blues. The car chase, the jailhouse rock, it’s just awesome. The sequel is just ok.

Not sure I saw the Nightmare Before Christmas mentioned. Or Home Alone. But the best of them all is A Christmas Story. How has that not been mentioned?

Classics I like Peanuts all the Rankin Bass shows. Rudolph, Year without a Santa Claus, Santa Claus is coming to Town, Little Drummer Boy. Those are must watch.

Reaction Score
For a darker Christmas flick I’ve always liked The Ice Harvest with Cusack. He nails those roles.

Reaction Score
I watch George C. Scott's version of "A Christmas Carol" every year to remind my kids and me of the true meaning of Christmas. I'm not ashamed to say I get a little emotional every time I watch it.
This is good but I like the 1951 version with Alastair Sim better. His transformation on Christmas morning always makes me smile. Love the dancing with his nephew's guests as well. I used to watch this every Christmas Eve for years while wrapping gifts and drinking Captain Morgan and egg nog.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Watching Ernest saves Xmas right now. My kids love it. Awesome. Thank you boneyard !

Reaction Score
This is good but I like the 1951 version with Alastair Sim better. His transformation on Christmas morning always makes me smile. Love the dancing with his nephew's guests as well. I used to watch this every Christmas Eve for years while wrapping gifts and drinking Captain Morgan and egg nog.
Yeah, that's good too, but I'm just a big George C. Scott fan, so I'm probably biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom