Offbeat Holiday Movies | The Boneyard

Offbeat Holiday Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've seen all the regulars ten times over. My weekend is pretty freed up and I would like some good holiday specials/movies that might not be on the "usual" list.
  • Really think about what you're going to post. "Love, Actually" is not a sleeper. Neither is "Die Hard".
  • Open to period TV specials. Have seen garbage like Donny and Marie Christmas specials and enjoyed that kitsch
Oh, and the first person that says "Elf" gets punched in the throat by Fishy.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
We just watched Funny Farm (Chevy Chase) with our daughter and she loved it. It's Christmas-y, that's for sure.

Are you looking for something for you or kids?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We just watched Funny Farm (Chevy Chase) with our daughter and she loved it. It's Cristmas-y, that's for sure.

Chevy's wife in that Madolyn Smith was so gorgeous.

Reaction Score
We just watched Funny Farm (Chevy Chase) with our daughter and she loved it. It's Christmas-y, that's for sure.

Open to either.

Reaction Score
In a crazy year where nothing is as it was, there's something to be said for the comfort of same-old, same-old. Make some hot chocolate, watch "Its a Wonderful Life, Love Actually and pretend its 2019.

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest I'm a little curious about this Fatman starring Mel Gibson as Santa Claus who apparently contracts with the CIA and Walton Goggins as the hitman contracted to kill him by a kid who got coal for Christmas. I've almost sold my 9 year old on watching it.

Funny Farm is a good movie. I don't recall it being particularly Christmas-y but it's a good, fun movie.

Reaction Score
I gotta be honest I'm a little curious about this Fatman starring Mel Gibson as Santa Claus who apparently contracts with the CIA and Walton Goggins as the hitman contracted to kill him by a kid who got coal for Christmas. I've almost sold my 9 year old on watching it.

Funny Farm is a good movie. I don't recall it being particularly Christmas-y but it's a good, fun movie.
Wait you have to convince a 9 year old (boy?) to watch that?

Reaction Score
81pKBgClmiL._RI_.jpg

Reaction Score
I've seen all the regulars ten times over. My weekend is pretty freed up and I would like some good holiday specials/movies that might not be on the "usual" list.
  • Really think about what you're going to post. "Love, Actually" is not a sleeper. Neither is "Die Hard".
  • Open to period TV specials. Have seen garbage like Donny and Marie Christmas specials and enjoyed that kitsch
Oh, and the first person that says "Elf" gets
punched in the throat by Fishy.

Four Christmases

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Some obvious ones on here, some not:

Have you ever seen The Daytrippers, with Hope Davis, Liev Schreiber, Anne Meara, Parker Posey and Stanley Tucci? Has nothing whatsoever to do with the holidays, but it’s a great offbeat movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom